Jack Monroe #540 Meet the new Jack, same as the old Jack.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a good Ex Slimming World Disordered Eating Thread on here taking apart these little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing type eating plans.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
So school pulled her from sitting 2 GCSEs because she was going to get lower than a B in them.
But she didnā€™t even manage to get an E in 2 of the ones they did let her sit. Why does nothing ever make any sense.
Im guessing she didnā€™t get that high a result in the remaining exams.

GCSEs were still heavy on coursework so I wonder if the ones she didnā€™t sit she hadnā€™t done it. NOT because she wasnā€™t going to get a B. I imagine they were trying to help her get her maths and English as a minimum at grade c by freeing up her time.

It all seems a long drop down from 15 A* doesnā€™t it? Almost as if that was never going to happenā€¦
If her fancy grammar school didn't want her because she didn't do the work, surely she could have enrolled in the local college or comprehensive and do them as crash courses.

I was kind of like Jack at that age and didn't apply myself at school and only got 4 of the 8 o-grades I was expected to get šŸ‰. I got the main ones because I was quite clever anyway and a couple of years later, realised I had been an arse and would be stuck in a crappy job forever, so beg-borrowed the money from my folks and did a 2-year night school course, followed by another one a few years down the line when I could afford to fund it myself. That was 30 years ago and I'm still regularly upping my qualifications as part of my professional development.

Jack would've been better off using her book advances to educate herself instead of frittering it away on sideboards and Viv (RIP) clothes that will never suit her.

Reactions: 27
Since the Jacktionary has been mentioned I thought you might like to know I've just added twenty new words (a big Thankyou x to the peripatetic frau who added a few things as well). It's now on page six of the wiki as it is now a stenching, statuesque and smutty behemoth that has outgrown all its former homes. It's almost moved as many times as guest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Since the Jacktionary has been mentioned I thought you might like to know I've just added twenty new words (a big Thankyou x to the peripatetic frau who added a few things as well). It's now on page six of the wiki as it is now a stenching, statuesque and smutty behemoth that has outgrown all its former homes. It's almost moved as many times as guest.
TYFAYD

• Haha
Reactions: 23
As did Bee Wilsonā€™s The Secret of Cooking* for me, earlier this week. Itā€™s EXHAUSTING.

*now with its mad crazy out-there wild-child annotated tats, in the charity shop box, ready to be released into wild. Go well. (I usually donate cook books to the food tech dept of the local high school, but Easy Chinese Chicken Curried out of it this time.)
Does anybody, beyond us obvs, have credibility any longer? Serious question.

Meanwhile, wasted 30mins on the site of the mothers earlier, mainly laughing at just how far guset has fallen. (Round the ankles now, isn't she?!)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Endless stuffing. Cheap tinned baked beans. Bollock sausages. Cheap white bread. Instant mash. Angel Delight. Nope, no UPF to see here sir, no siree
That's unfair Mavis.
Her pesto salad bag remnants recipe has no UPF in it.
I mean it's full of bleeping botulism and probably rabies but definitely no UPF.

Ooh, I just had a thought about her new character invention that Adrian may or may not be doing. Hear me out lads...
You know botox is basically botulism? Maybe she's cultivating her own botox from the botulism pesto? Maybe she's gone into partnership with Vie Aesthetics? Maybe she's doing an organic range of fillers?
We can only wait.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
There was an article in the Guardian this week about people with big Le Creuset collections. Disappointed not to see le gueset in it, maybe sheā€™s finally figured out that flashing her many possessions doesnā€™t really help her case in pleading poverty?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Slop update - she ate it all, demanded seconds and declared it the best dinner she'd ever had.

Ok ok, not quite. She squinted at her plate (I'd dimmed the lights to try to hide my sins), asked "what's in the beans?" and took a tentative bite when I told her. They actually tasted fine. All is well in the Donte household. I might bin the rest of the chopped frozen spinach though.
Does she not have any dead pets you could have put a picture of on top? Sheā€™d have loved that x

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Just read this in the introduction to the fabulous Modern Italian Cook by Joe Trivelli. How dare he? Doesnā€™t he know that going to Italy 3x with a chef who used to work at RC is the superior and indeed the ONLY way you can be qualified to make a risotto. Indeed, I started shitting baguettes when we had a French exchange student staying with us when I was a young middle-aged woman!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 21
They always advocate unpractical extreme measures aswell not taking into account the constraints of budgets, working lives and disposable free time. Lots of them demonstrate disordered obsessive miniscule eating like that Deliciously Ella rubbish where the recipes are all something like a moths fart and an eighth of a courgette flash fried in a hunger pang. I'd rather be a bit fluffy round the edges and able to enjoy food with family and friends ta luv.
Fun fact...
Delicious Ella has a form of necrosis that I also have, although I didn't develop mine into a multi million pound business.
Mine is caused by a side effect of a certain medication I take. Ella does not take this medication as far as I am aware.
Other causes of this type of necrosis is taking too many chemicals in a recreational sense.
Similarly Jack claims to have had 'multiple heart attacks ' which has been proven many times to be just untrue.
What is more likely is her heart went 'tacky' as she had a tachycardia incident. Basically it means your heart beats too fast and irregular. Mine goes tacky because I have a heart condition. Also could be caused by someone taking a Class A substance.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
BIB - yep. I have a dearly departed friend who was known for doing it from the tables outside our local pub (he'd been barred for years) - whilst he was a gorgeous person and I miss him like mad since he passed, he was an absolutely chronic alcoholic and this was usually done when he was on his arse skint. Which was a lot of the time because he lived in genuine poverty, the likes of which Jackanory could never understand. It is not normal bleeping behaviour, even for most alcoholics, it's just what she reckons alkies do so she pretends to have done it to add some extra brush strokes to the picture she's trying to paint.
ETA - she's likely heard about one of Slumpapa's vulnerable tenants doing it or something.
When I worked in a bar šŸ‰, we had one (non PC term) bag lady - a brilliant, incredibly hilarious and witty young lady, originally from Salford, who occasionally got scrubbed up, cleaned up, found a place to live and got work. She would then lose the plot, become homeless, and get barred again for spending all her wages on booze, losing her job and being a twit, including drinking people's drinks, (whether they had left or not!) before starting the cycle of being barred, homeless, skint, then getting work, a flat etc again. Exhausting cycle that requires incredible determination to keep starting all over after you have fallen off the wagon.

Anyway, when she was on the way back up, but waiting for her first or second wage packet, she'd come in and say, "Do a Jesus, our lass, glass of water n mek it red." I always let her have that one on my wages, hoping against hope that this time she'd find her way out of alcoholism. When sober, she was one of the hardest grafters I've ever met.

No idea if she did get clean for good, as I left (the bar) , but always hope she managed to keep trying and live a long and sober(ish) life. Terrible disease.

And Jack Monroe has no bleeping idea what that is like, has never seen anybody go through it first-hand and most definitely NEVER experienced it herself. Liar, Monroe. You. Are. A. Mendacious. bleep.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
She always looks so fecking predatory . . . šŸ˜¬

Like a teeny-tiny, itsy-bitsy, smol li'l pixie Great White Shark.
OMG you're so right... she looks like the big bad wolf dressed as grandma's face... it's OK you can trust me I'm not a psychopath about to eat you for dinner little red riding hood

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Maybe that's why Little OJ with his ambiguous murderer status is such a smarm with her.
OMG the other week my sister said sheā€™d been at a party with OJ šŸ‰ and my response was ā€œwhy was little owen jones there?ā€ And then had to try and explain why I called him little owen jones. I donā€™t think my explanation that it was from a joke about him possibly being a murderer on a Jack Monroe gossip thread helped make it any clearer really.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
OMG you're so right... she looks like the big bad wolf dressed as grandma's face... it's OK you can trust me I'm not a psychopath about to eat you for dinner little red riding hood
"You can trust me . . . I'm a doctor doctor"

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.