Jack Monroe #540 Meet the new Jack, same as the old Jack.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since the Jacktionary has been mentioned I thought you might like to know I've just added twenty new words (a big Thankyou x to the peripatetic frau who added a few things as well). It's now on page six of the wiki as it is now a stenching, statuesque and smutty behemoth that has outgrown all its former homes. It's almost moved as many times as guest.
You moved that jacktionary quicker than guest moves house, t-board. She's still tangled up in the damp checked nest without a care in the world.

She is an itsy bitsy
teeny weenie
poverty cosplay
grift machiney

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
To be fair, it’s not French, it came from an American writer and was popularised in US Vogue.
Still depressing either way.

On topic, in a parallel universe it would be just over a week until the memoir release date!
I was going to pre-order it (take one for the tattle team) but I can’t. Shame. No really, it’s a big shame.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
They always advocate unpractical extreme measures aswell not taking into account the constraints of budgets, working lives and disposable free time. Lots of them demonstrate disordered obsessive miniscule eating like that Deliciously Ella rubbish where the recipes are all something like a moths fart and an eighth of a courgette flash fried in a hunger pang. I'd rather be a bit fluffy round the edges and able to enjoy food with family and friends ta luv.
A moth's fart flash fried in a hunher pang has ended me 😂 💀.

These twats always fail to mention that human beings are incredibly adaptable to a huge range of varied diets - which is why parts of the human population can survive living on little more than whale meat for half the year and I'm doing alright on my diet of shiraz and cheese eaten straight from the fridge at 11pm.

I'm not saying we shouldn't all strive to be healthier, but humans are living longer than ever. If a loaf of white warburtons is gonna put me in an early grave... I'll take my chances.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
How are the AE threads going? I had to abandon because I have children to feed and a job to go to so had to desert some threads as a time management thing.
She still as batshit as always?
@MooBelle and anyone else not currently up to date… honestly I struggle sometimes to think who’s worse out of the hideous pair of cunts, but due to the parental alienation and the court ordered DVRO, therapy for the girls etc it’s definitely Alice. She makes Jack’s narcissism look like a toddler’s version.

SPOILER="Alice Evans O/T"]oh duck yes! Worse than Jack for socks, ignoring her kids instead of doing anything worthwhile with them so she can piss about on Twatter via multiple accounts. Oh, and she posted about Ioan yesterday on her Gram account. Does NOT give a single duck about DVRO.

Oh oh.. also wants to shut Tattle down because she says we abuse her kids. The irony on that is *chefs kiss* ( Just to be clear, no one is abusive towards Alice’s kids - just pointing out Alice’s many parenting failures and the reason that’s why the eldest has been acting out. It’s a LOT more complicated than that obviously, but worth skimming through. [/SPOILER]

ETA - damn it mods, I didn’t do it right somehow. Can you please spoiler my AE off topic discussion please? Thank you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
A moth's fart flash fried in a hunher pang has ended me 😂 💀.

These twats always fail to mention that human beings are incredibly adaptable to a huge range of varied diets - which is why parts of the human population can survive living on little more than whale meat for half the year and I'm doing alright on my diet of shiraz and cheese eaten straight from the fridge at 11pm.

I'm not saying we shouldn't all strive to be healthier, but humans are living longer than ever. If a loaf of white warburtons is gonna put me in an early grave... I'll take my chances.
BIB: whenever the local papers are interviewing the latest person to turn 100+ they always ask them what their secret is and not a single person I’ve seen has said avoiding UPF or eating raw vegan etc. I have seen gin, whiskey, chocolate and beans on toast though (and I bet on our lord and saviour warburtons toastie though I didn’t specify) so I too will take my chances.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I have close connections to France 🍉 🍕 and can confirm this diet persists there to this day … (and yes, depressing).
I'm French and that's absolutely not true, that's something we laugh about and most people assume it's American.

Reactions: 22
Late to this conversation but those Van Tullekin twins are completely ghastly. They seem to have enveigled their way into both Radio 4 and The Guardian. Self satisfied bores the pair of them.
No wonder the artist formerly known as TD wrote this. Though I also hope she is including Nigella.

Screenshot_20230907_001447.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 69
I'm a bit of a Twixxer dimwit... But... Is she tweeting.. (x-ing?) at all? Do we have anyone on the inside? A mole. Molé.

Or has she just not tweeted at all? She's just... Fading away, with all the Sue Lee money in her grubby mitt

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
I’ve heard that churu bites, by ciao, are next level good if you need to push a bit of a tablet into something, but I haven’t tried these on the tabby. It was a rec from a UK-based person who has a small rescue of elderly and wonky cats. Good luck. I’d say give your old man a scritch from me, buuttt…
Churu bites and licky sticks are amazing cat treats. My cats, all of whom have different tastes and levels of food motivation, go nuts for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
There's a great little exchange on Elon's Xsite this evening. A Jackfan is hailing Depressipes For Bad Days as "tasty food", "her recipes are ace".
Their go at the Hot Nicoise has substituted the tinned spuds for fresh, and upgraded the tinned tuna to a "4 Euro from Faro" can. They've wisely went for the boiled eggs rather than the 'slopping fried eggs on top of your salad' option.
Isn't it amazing just how tasty Jack's recipes are when you don't follow them?

• Haha
Reactions: 78
Some suck up is white knighting for Guest on Twitter and posted this. First, blatantly hasn’t followed the recipe: those are clearly not the anaemic tinned potatoes Jack specifies. Second, is that a sundried tomato I see? Get you: also not on the recipe. And lastly, how is this tit even a recipe? It’s a basic bleeping salad, with a tit dressing (dried herbs, fishy oil and honey, yum) which anyone reading Twitter can use their device to find about a million similar (& better) recipes for free online.
Ffs. Also, nobody worries that their tuna didn’t come in oil Jack, and nobody is stupid enough not to know that they can use an alternative oil (cooking oil to boot-anyone fancy crisp n dry on their salad?)
Honestly, the patronising from Jack’s fans who’d never eat this tit exactly as written coupled with the fact Jack puts this lame nonsense out as a ‘recipe’ is ridiculous. As is the idea that anyone having ‘bad days’ (it’s from good food for bad days) can be arsed draining fish oil, dodging spitting tinned potatoes or reheating something that has salad leaves in it the next day
Eta-beaten to it by @BeardyBap Great minds 😉

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Some suck up is white knighting for Guest on Twitter and posted this. First, blatantly hasn’t followed the recipe: those are clearly not the anaemic tinned potatoes Jack specifies. Second, is that a sundried tomato I see? Get you: also not on the recipe. And lastly, how is this tit even a recipe? It’s a basic bleeping salad, with a tit dressing (dried herbs, fishy oil and honey, yum) which anyone reading Twitter can use their device to find about a million similar (& better) recipes for free online.
Ffs. Also, nobody worries that their tuna didn’t come in oil Jack, and nobody is stupid enough not to know that they can use an alternative oil (cooking oil to boot-anyone fancy crisp n dry on their salad?)
Honestly, the patronising from Jack’s fans who’d never eat this tit exactly as written coupled with the fact Jack puts this lame nonsense out as a ‘recipe’ is ridiculous. As is the idea that anyone having ‘bad days’ (it’s from good food for bad days) can be arsed draining fish oil, dodging spitting tinned potatoes or reheating something that has salad leaves in it the next day
It's embarrassing isn't how people seem to clutch at straws with guest's recipes - 'look! they aren't that bad' 😬
They are either dreadful or merely adequate, or need to be massively adapted to make edible. That is it. She is not a cookery writer. She has no interest in food. She never mentions seasonality or quality of food or other cookery writers. She is a food fraud. She's done very well to scrape by until now (enabled by those who should know better) and thankfully thank duck it all seems to have caught up with her now.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Still looks dire, not-tinned potatoes notwithstanding

Reactions: 23
Honestly if I hadn't met compulsive liars before I wouldn't believe it was possible, but it really is. I used to know a girl who claimed to have slept with all sorts of famous people and done all sorts of amazing accomplishments. I'm a gullible twit so it took me a while to catch on.
And as has been said many times, a casual follower of guest will only see one or two stories so it seems reasonable. Only one or two jobs, only one or two categories of hoarded items/ items bought to celebrate book advances etc.
That was me! Followed her for years on Twitter but only saw the occasional tweet, raised a mental eyebrow over some of her stories but didn’t pay her much attention. Started to question some of her claims, she appeared to have too many ailments for one (smol!) person and they came and went, eg. walking stick one day yet planning a marathon, just didn’t make sense. I then began to actively feel a sense of disbelief whenever I came across a tweet but not enough to really look into her. AwfullyMolly then published her blog and my eyes were truly opened. My vague feelings of unease all made sense now. Found my way to the canal, read the Wiki (which is a truly awesome piece of work) and now I despise her. She just slips under the radar for the casual observer and that’s how she gets away with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.