Jack Monroe #540 Meet the new Jack, same as the old Jack.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm always baffled by these sort of pseudo-scientific gurus who seem to make a living by suddenly bursting on the scene and saying things like "Hey! Did you know heavily processed food is bad for you and you should eat more whole foods instead?" Most people already know this, many of the ones who know don't care, many of the ones who don't know probably won't care either. People who do care will likely already know. Who is this stuff for? Who's buying this tit? Where can I make a living by essentially telling people that water has health benefits and they should drink more of it or other equally Captain Obvious declarations?
They always advocate unpractical extreme measures aswell not taking into account the constraints of budgets, working lives and disposable free time. Lots of them demonstrate disordered obsessive miniscule eating like that Deliciously Ella rubbish where the recipes are all something like a moths fart and an eighth of a courgette flash fried in a hunger pang. I'd rather be a bit fluffy round the edges and able to enjoy food with family and friends ta luv.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
They always advocate unpractical extreme measures aswell not taking into account the constraints of budgets, working lives and disposable free time. Lots of them demonstrate disordered obsessive miniscule eating like that Deliciously Ella rubbish where the recipes are all something like a moths fart and an eighth of a courgette flash fried in a hunger pang. I'd rather be a bit fluffy round the edges and able to enjoy food with family and friends ta luv.
Preach Foxy!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Indeed. Where has the idea of balance gone? And how does Three Tin Tender fit into the idea that Jack is the expert when it comes to UPF-free meals? (With apologies to @Geetbo for the gastric flashback.)

• Haha
Reactions: 49
She absolutely could have gone to college with her GCSEs. I imagine this is all another barbed insult at her parents who saw her do no bleeping work for her GCSEs and told her to her a job for a bit to sort herself out.
I think if she was as clever as she thinks she is (she’s not) and she do the bare amount of work you can pass a GCSE.

I don’t know if anyone has followed the Lucy Letby trial. I’ve only looked at the stuff after the verdict. One of the things that made her look bad was the number of silly and unnecessary lies she told on the stand,
She didn’t know what ‘going commando’ meant.
Didn’t know what happens to your eyes when going from a light to a dark room.
Didn’t know what an air embolus was despite going on a course dealing with it.
And….

didn’t own a shredder despite owning a shredder!

sound familiar. Obviously jack is not a serial killer, just a twit.
Glad you’ve said it as there’s been loads of things that made me feel that they have a lot of similarities.

Reactions: 13
The “I’ll clear this up once and for all” does me every time. Did she think people up and down the land were debating this?
I wish she would clear up the fraud allegations, the coke rumours, and most importantly what happened in Dordrecht.
Also, since guset likes Enid Blyton so much, SB should make her an apple pie bed and send her to Coventry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I thought waitrose would be wayyyy more expensive. Anyway Lidl and Aldi are fab but for me, they're quite far from my home so I'd way rather just pay a bit extra and be local
asda is advertising it is winner of cheapest basket 🧺 20+ year running, as the saying goes there are lies, dammed lies and statistics 📉

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Just remembered by reading through all the GCSE mither that I actually didn't get enough A-C GCSEs to join sixth form but they let me in on the condition I took a GSCE alongside my A Levels to correct it. I had totally forgot about this however, as it isn't some cornerstone core memory I've built my sob story grift upon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I can’t seem to find what the 34 GSCEs were actually in. I’m wondering if she actually took several of the same subjects with different exam boards rather than 34 unique GCSEs, especially as some were taken externally.
I did my maths twice, so does that mean I have ten GCSEs now?!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
In my day, in Jack's day and now you can leave school with no gcse and pass an apprentice aptitude test. How I went to college and uni

• Heart
Reactions: 22
These people hate/fear food @Foxvint. Saddest recipes ever. I did appreciate the slightly less pc version of the food hate/fear genre: I think it was the French women’s diet which consisted only of a small piece of steak, a couple of boiled eggs and a bottle of wine a day 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
She stimulates me into thinking she’s a total bleep
It’s not just a thought. She is.
---
Moth’s fart! I love it. I can totally imagine it being used as a descriptor for some foam-of-something topping on a sliver of grape, brought to the table on a mould of a fox’s paw - for £50 a head.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Just remembered by reading through all the GCSE mither that I actually didn't get enough A-C GCSEs to join sixth form but they let me in on the condition I took a GSCE alongside my A Levels to correct it. I had totally forgot about this however, as it isn't some cornerstone core memory I've built my sob story grift upon.
Same! I had to re-sit maths. The only reason it sticks in my head is that I had a bit of a spliff before the exam second time round and found it much easier as a result 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
These people hate/fear food @Foxvint. Saddest recipes ever. I did appreciate the slightly less pc version of the food hate/fear genre: I think it was the French women’s diet which consisted only of a small piece of steak, a couple of boiled eggs and a bottle of wine a day 😂
There’s a diet I could probably get along with. I might need a few more eggs though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Same! I had to re-sit maths. The only reason it sticks in my head is that I had a bit of a spliff before the exam second time round and found it much easier as a result 😂
I didn’t but I did no more work than I had the first time and made very little effort and passed. GCSE’s strike me as rubbish anyway and not a fair assessment of anything really. I could possibly 🍉 myself here, but I did no work at school beyond what I had to in lessons, no homework and in some exams I did the wrong sections of the paper; you were meant to answer the questions on the source material for the countries you had studied (or not in my case). As I had pretty good reading comprehension, I read the whole paper and decided I could actually write more about the countries I hadn’t done at school. So that highlights a disparity in the quality of source materials used in just one paper.
I also thought for one of the English papers you had to answer with a poem.

Narrator: students were not meant to answer with a poem.

Anyway, I came out with 3b’s, 4c’s, 2d’s. One of the c’s was the wrong country paper - I’d been predicted an e/f. The poem paper got a b. So I feel like a lot of it is absolutely random and can’t really say anything about someone who passes in a middling way, other than that they can read.

Reactions: 31
I've been on holiday - HAVE I MISSED A CHAOS?
I'd like to point out that I have been following these threads for the best part of a year ( started whilst on holiday last year and am on holiday again) and she's done feck all really hasn't she...

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I won the egg and spoon race against girls from “about SIX” other junior schools when I was “about 8”.

First thing tomorrow, I’ll be asking my boss for a raise, more responsibility, a more important-sounding job title and a bigger office.
Surely you ought also to be awarded an honorary doctorate from at least one of the redbrick universities?

In fact, I would argue that a "pome", probably involving lots of words, many of them different, and some of them sounding a bit the same of some of the others, ought to mean an honorary professorship (if such honorarydom exists).

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.