Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she call them essays that last time I used the words essay I was at uni,. Now if I write something it's just something I have written. If someone told me now I have written an essay, would you read it. I'd imagine having to get my big red pen out like I did when my mates used to get me to proof read there's before hand in.

To be honest here next book sounds dull, I read alot and something so miserable would never appeal to me.

As I have said earlier people in poverty don't need books written about them or to them, they need voices so they can be given the chance to get out of it. She should be petitioning parliament in aid of poverty, she should be working alongside charities ( helping them raising their voices) so they can do more to help three people. Fair enough write your books but also and I mean this sincerely HELP them.

My brother is in his forties and rents, he's just had to give up a place he loves because it's costing him too much to live there. He's moving to a less nicer place, but affordable. Like everyone my brother would love to be able to afford to buy his own house and almost had the opportunity a few years back but again struggled to get a decent deposit even though the mortgage payments on the house were much less than he is paying now in rent. It's messed up. If you want a house missy lower your standards. I'd love a bloody great mansion but alas I am unable to afford one.
She calls them essays as she’s got an honorary Doctorate from Essex University, don’t forget 🙄, therefore her tweets scholastic thesis are extremely important as they may well end up in an academic journal, as she is the font of all knowledge regarding poverty.😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I just can't get over her expecting people to feel sad for her because she wore her fire service boots til they had holes in them and then "wore them some more". Mate, my $30 slip on Vans got holes in the toes far too soon for my liking and by duck was I throwing them out without getting my money's worth. Wore those babies for another year at least. That's what most people who aren't and have never been loaded do, you ain't hard!

ETA and I'm talking within the last year, not 8 years ago! Point being this is normal and everyday behaviour for people who are not and have NEVER been used to middle class tit! She can deny it til the cows come home!
Now she only wears Russell and Bromley shoes because apparently they’re the only brand that fit.

I honestly can not get over the plan to Crowdfund a house. Beggars belief.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
She says she's been trolled and hounded for 7 years for "telling the truth about poverty". She knows NOTHING about poverty. She was NEVER poor, EVER.

She's a spoiled privileged brat.
Exactly. As someone said upthread, she was broke/in debt for a little while, but never truly poor.

Reactions: 19
So this an anecdote told for laughs about when her drinking was out of control? And she’s a recovering alcoholic? OK then. So hilarious.
I find this bizarre too, you don’t really hear people proudly/boastfully recounting their horror stories. But admittedly I only tend to chat to well recovered people who are honest about their day counts, new comers are usually so shaken they don’t even find the horrors funny (yet). Just bizarre behaviour but what can you expect.

Sorry if this has been said, 2 pages from 3am Jesus!

Reactions: 20
Well I do hope SB is at his dad's house today, won't be much fun with his mum while she's sleeping off last night's Twitter binge

• Sad
Reactions: 31
I do feel like a lot of that was a response to Tattle. Particularly the interlude where she starts ranting about royalties and the number of rooms in her dorma bungalow. But seriously, what a load of self indulgent tit. Food poverty has transformed since the months where you experienced poverty. Frame the debate at least partially around someone else ffs.
I agree with this (about her aiming some comments at tattle). The reference to the “Jackie” article (😂) nailed it for me. And the bits about her former bungalow and its “tiny“ bedrooms.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Quick, some archive her latest self-love story before she deletes!

I just tried on the wayback machine and archive.is and it doesn’t work for me.

Ah never been mind, I’ve done it. The internet will never forget you waxing lyrical about your voluntary few months in poverty:

Thank for this, I really didn’t to go to her website and give her any revenue. Much appreciated.

Reactions: 12
I only dip in and out of this thread so I may not have the full picture but the tweet about seeing who can cope the longest in a flat with kids and no money has really upset me. It's not far from my reality (along with plenty of other families on my estate.) If I saw that on TV I would feel quite hurt and angry. It's as crass as saying let's all go to a third world country and see who survives the longest. Other people's struggles should not be your content.

• Heart
Reactions: 97
The captioned pics on that article are killing me!! I eat toast with butter and a glass of water often, guess I can claim to be a whimpering poor dickensian street urchin now too?

And why would she think anyone cares that it's her landlord who decided on the tiles for her kitchen??? She even explains why she is called Jackie in that famous article, this entire thing was directed at right?!
That food will have cost more than £3, she’s FAILED, TAKE IT BACK.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Catching up with this classic Jack outburst this morning...she just can't leave it can she? Lots of people have talked about how she needs the attention like oxygen and it's so true. You can feel the desperation through the screen!

Reactions: 15
I've just read that blog "The Price of Potatoes". It is totally ridiculous.

She posts a photo of glass of water and a piece of toast - as though she is some Victorian street urchin with no food.

She think she's working class because her father was a fireman. We all know the truth about her father and her family's wealth and comfort.

Was she evicted from her flat, really? Or is the truth somewhat, very different? I bet the latter.

She lives in Thorpe Bay, near the yacht crowd. She has a very kind landlord - the identity is probably a family member.

This sentence is bizarre. Who writes like this?!: "Sometimes I just want to run back home and live with my parents, at the age of 32, and beg them to take care of me. I’ll be very quiet. I can cook, and I promise not to say duck in front of the children, Mum."

This wasn't a "tabloid". This was US. Tattle! She is bonkers: "As a grimly amusing aside, this led to one of the tabloids recently pooling a pile of my social media photos together to imply that I had a massively grand house"

What????!!!! "Someone will pull into my drive in a three point turn and I’ll be flat to the wall, peering out of a crack in the many layers of voiles, trying to see who they are"

She doesn't mention she was working on the local paper in Southend as a "reporter" when she first became known. Wonder why?!

Oh, the irony! "Choosing to use your privileges to patronise people whose lives are entirely beyond your experience and comprehension, is a choice". She has spent nearly a decade patronising the real working class, truly poor people, whose lives SHE WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND.

At the G8 "Snuck into the big dinner and nicked a load of bread rolls. Got accosted by the PSNI in the press pit". duck off, Jack, and GROW THE duck UP.

Proof she reads every single thread on Tattle with this caption: "The books were lent to me by a friend, before anyone comes at me with OOH FANCY BOOKS."

This is beyond words. She uses a photo of her son Jonny to pretend he was cold and poor: "Note the too-small trousers, the cold red face and hands and feet and the hard wooden floor, two tops and a jumper."

Everything about that blog could be fact-checked and found either to be a blatant lie, or distorted, and she is VERY selective about what she says about herself.

She has serious mental problems.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
The phrasing in that article that is way too close to sexual abuse is bleeping disgusting. She is SO triggering.

Wanting a forever home where she can paint the walls whatever colour she wants? LOOK WHAT YA DID TO THE SHED!! She took windows out and all sorts. Will ya ever fuuuuck off!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
She makes a big deal of the fact she didn't get enough GCSEs to do A-Levels. A-Levels are not the only option though, there's a lot of vocational courses available and this would have been true when she was 16 as well. So she can't use that as ammunition and blame that system on her not progressing further into education!

Reactions: 27
Where does salt of the earth, yearning for the days of prancing around the lemon trees, Morrison's deli range mezze platter, Greek Jack fit into all of this?
I think she has gone the same way as Scottish Jack. Completely forgotten!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
TBH even the Jackie explanation is bleeping me off this morning. Now obviously she loves her name so much that she named her first cookbook 'A Girl Called Jack' (which cracks me up, because every cookbook I own has some reference to, er, food or cooking in the title. So basic, I know).

But...it seems to me that being a woman named Jack is not all that outrageous? It's a bit like George or Charlie, nicknames that could easily derive from a feminine name. If she were, I dunno, A Girl Called Trevor, then her "edgy name" thing would make more sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.