Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was like verbal diorrheoa last night , once she started there was no stopping her; anecdotes about Jarvis Cocker, meals and drinks at The Ivy and a ‘I was soooooooo poor, I know poverty more than anyone else’ pity essay chucked in to keep herself relevant .

To top it all Paul Heaton told her to ‘keep writing’, silly arse that he is , I hope Jackie Abbott gives him a verbal slap for that!

She can’t let the poverty slide despite being currently well off because she can’t do anything else other than cling onto the initiatives started by others or slag off people who don’t care who she is, whilst insisting she’s the voice of Britain’s poor, duck right off love!

Let’s not make children’s poverty stricken lives worse by inflicting Horse Spunk Lassgne or overnight Carrots on them .

Jack , you’re a rubbish cook and so full of self pitying historical tit but keep it up , the thread missed you 😊.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Just had the same, phone was switched off and charging, switched it on and she's all up in my inbox, ugh!

What annoys me is these are old posts of hers and she's just reposted them and left them looking like it's her current situation. Tip jar placed at the end of each one of course. Wanker.

The Omega Seamaster post does seem to have vanished 🤔

If it makes you feel better, this will totally screw with her SEO and google rankings and probably help all the stuff she doesnt want coming up on the first search page 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Just read the blog. TL;DR - I rent my house. Me me me me me me.
Have skim read/GL the last few pages but my thoughts are that she knew this report was coming out, spent the last few days “being off Twitter” to compose her latest rant and the ARM tweet fell into her lap. That blog was always going to be posted one way or another.

Reactions: 23
Whilst she may have deleted Hunger Hurts it is in her first book and the Omega is referenced there

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I do feel like a lot of that was a response to Tattle. Particularly the interlude where she starts ranting about royalties and the number of rooms in her dorma bungalow. But seriously, what a load of self indulgent tit. Food poverty has transformed since the months where you experienced poverty. Frame the debate at least partially around someone else ffs.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Sadly not..... I would be too easy to triangulate and she might take me out Neeson style but basically I knew her of old, somewhere along both our journeys I landed on my feet with a job and am very glad she never worked with our media outlet because it would have later proved to be a bit embarrassing. In fact I cant believe back then I didn't see what I am seeing now...🙄suckered in! 🙈 Have a lovely day Fraus....wonder what delights I will miss when I am working today.....can not believe she was tweeting until the "wee" hours and so furiously....very manic!
It was worth a try! 😇

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Still need to catch up on the last 5 pages but I’ve learnt a lesson...don’t read about JM before going to sleep otherwise you have eff’d up dreams...will put behind spoiler as a bit weird!

So in said dream I was on a school trip (assume my subconscious regressed back to then as it can only make sense of JM’s behaviour that way?!). Anyway I was on a bus (that was also a plane, fancy) and ended up sat next to her. She was a pain in the backside and harassed me so much both physically/verbally, let alone invading my space that other people asked for her to be moved which she was. Of course she played the victim and didn’t go quietly. We finally get to our destination and the scene changes and she’s chasing MOD (I swear I had no cheese last night) and suddenly it becomes a slasher movie and she attacks MOD?!?!?! It then turns into a scene from Greys Anatomy where MOD is saved in dramatic scenes while JM is hunted down and found back at the scene of the crime taking pictures!!! By which point I’m like ‘get me the f out of here’ and I end up at an apartment, unlock the door and lo and behold who has broken into my home - JM - and she’s pulling stuff apart to sell and inspecting my tinned goods. Thankfully I then woke up. Obviously m’lud it was all a dream.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Yeah right you’ll be off SM for a few weeks 🙄 Of course we’ll stop interrupting you (erm you have to be on Twitter to see people not ‘behaving themselves’)
duck off with the patronising tone 😡
View attachment 196401
I feel quite emotional after reading through this thread. She’s a bully and a horrible person. I wish blue tickers would stop egging her on.

I’m thinking her new book will be a memoir so she can reinvent her timeline, mashing it all together to make it fit after being called out so many times for inconsistencies.

Gosh I’m drained, there really isn’t anything else I can add apart from that I hope SB is at his Dads since she was up all night.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Total bleeping madness. I read the whole thing. I’ve got two words to say to you, Jackie!
Lies. Hyperbole.

(Please everyone else love Kath and Kim!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Well, Jack has summed it all up: thanking twitter for the 'fight and the fury.'

I won't give her the satisfaction of reading her blog.

Reactions: 17
I don't want to highlight too much, as I really don't want to spoil the blog read for those who haven't seen it yet :LOL:

However, I keep seeing her mention that she cannot buy a home and her current property is 37 times her present living wage, etc. Yet what Jack fails to mention is the price of the house she is in. If you choose to live (albeit rented) in a road where the average house price is around the £715k mark, then that is down to you. I have zero sympathy. You cannot shake the tip jar and claim poverty. If you want to be more financially secure go find a 2 bed flat, 2 bed terrace or whatever to rent, not a 3 bed detached dormer bungalow (even if 2 of the 3 bedrooms are tiny :rolleyes:). Live within your means like most of us manage to🤷‍♀️

Oh, and where did the original post go on the blog, the one that states about selling the Omega Seamaster you were given for your 21st birthday? Or am I just not looking properly?
This is so true. Who starts off on the property ladder in the dream house? Often you have to buy somewhere small in a cheap area. And if she can't afford a house on the living wage, why doesn't she pay herself a bit more? Lots of people are on the living wage because that's what they get paid, not through choice like Jack.

Reactions: 25
Why does she call them essays that last time I used the words essay I was at uni,. Now if I write something it's just something I have written. If someone told me now I have written an essay, would you read it. I'd imagine having to get my big red pen out like I did when my mates used to get me to proof read there's before hand in.

To be honest here next book sounds dull, I read alot and something so miserable would never appeal to me.

As I have said earlier people in poverty don't need books written about them or to them, they need voices so they can be given the chance to get out of it. She should be petitioning parliament in aid of poverty, she should be working alongside charities ( helping them raising their voices) so they can do more to help three people. Fair enough write your books but also and I mean this sincerely HELP them.

My brother is in his forties and rents, he's just had to give up a place he loves because it's costing him too much to live there. He's moving to a less nicer place, but affordable. Like everyone my brother would love to be able to afford to buy his own house and almost had the opportunity a few years back but again struggled to get a decent deposit even though the mortgage payments on the house were much less than he is paying now in rent. It's messed up. If you want a house missy lower your standards. I'd love a bloody great mansion but alas I am unable to afford one.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.