Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah right you’ll be off SM for a few weeks 🙄 Of course we’ll stop interrupting you (erm you have to be on Twitter to see people not ‘behaving themselves’)
duck off with the patronising tone 😡
View attachment 196401
What on earth does she think she has achieved by this latest rant? All she has done is talk about herself. She's retweeted old articles and rehashed others together. She's not even told us anything new or how she's going to contribute to the cause.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
4 days ago: sad, pitiful, suicidal Jack on a Twitter break because breakdown

Now: powerful, poverty fighting activist Jack, on a Twitter break because BUSY
Where does salt of the earth, yearning for the days of prancing around the lemon trees, Morrison's deli range mezze platter, Greek Jack fit into all of this?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
3.116 words in that blog entry. FFS. Learn to edit. Nobody, but nobody, asked for the 3.116-word version of Jack's origin story (a gritty reboot?). A lot directly aimed at Tattle, with the defensiveness over her crappy bungalow etc.

More generally, her moment has passed. Jack only ever had one thing to say - "I WAS POOR, IT WAS tit." Her schtick was always a (supposed) exposé of what poverty felt like.

Now the conversation is more nuanced. The discussion taking place isn't just about whether or not poverty is tit, but a more complex look into why poverty and obesity often go hand in hand, and what can be done about it. There's a lot to unpack there. For one thing, people often lack knowledge. I always see the same comments - "we all know what a healthy diet looks like" - but it's fundamentally not true (source: every Mumsnet thread on weight loss ever).

In fact, that's one thing that came up in Henry Dimbleby's report (HD to his friends). He criticised companies like Innocent Smoothies for presenting their products as healthy, when they're not. Funnily enough, it's something that THAT MAN has always done well - although he misses the mark sometimes, because weight management is simple in theory but difficult in practice.

This is where the conversation is in 2020. That's what people are talking about. Jack has never had anything worthwhile to say on the subject of nutrition or obesity, so of course she pops her head up with 3.116 words of regurgitated nonsense about her boots having a hole in them. Nothing about health. Nothing about nutrition.

The world has moved on, Jack...and the fact that you are writing for your crappy blog, and not for a commission, needs to sink in.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Attempting to read her blog post but can’t promise I’ll make it to the end. Funny that in the subject of schooling she didn’t fancy dropping in her own grammar school education which she fucked up.
BC690983-6676-4114-AF6E-42A8B634DAC6.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I thought her next book was going to be written for her by black writers? (But with Jack’s name on the front of course) She’s forgotten that bandwagon already.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
So here it is. I honestly don’t know where to start.
ugh. Read the first few paragraphs and felt my anger rising. Not a good way to start the morning!!
Anyway, it's off to work I go, please don't go crazy on here today otherwise I will have to spend my entire lunchbreak Grunkaling!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
This is so true. Who starts off on the property ladder in the dream house? Often you have to buy somewhere small in a cheap area. And if she can't afford a house on the living wage, why doesn't she pay herself a bit more? Lots of people are on the living wage because that's what they get paid, not through choice like Jack.
I'm still not in my dream house, not sure we ever will be. At least I know how lucky we are with a roof over our heads and we're comfortable.....less so since covid hit, but still we're alright. The difference being we're still in a decent area yet the average house price here is less than half of where Jack chooses to live. That is what she hasn't come to terms with yet.......the life she wants and the life she has are two very different things.

Reactions: 18
I thought her next book was going to be written for her by black writers? (But with Jack’s name on the front of course) She’s forgotten that bandwagon already.
Didn't she delete the tweets? She' ll say it never happened.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Her next book is going to be a collection of 'essays' on all of the random men who have sidled up to her and whispered 'I love your work'.

The time line will be blurry but the bullshit will be consistent.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
The captioned pics on that article are killing me!! I eat toast with butter and a glass of water often, guess I can claim to be a whimpering poor dickensian street urchin now too?

And why would she think anyone cares that it's her landlord who decided on the tiles for her kitchen??? She even explains why she is called Jackie in that famous article, this entire thing was directed at right?!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Doesn't she realise that some of the titles in aristocracy are actually just that titles and the people in question are somewhat penniless. My brother in law has an Italian baron a few generations back yet he had very little "money" it was just title.

Reactions: 23
I flatly refuse to read this guff. Not giving it the ad click revenue or my energy.

The sooner someone exposes this woman for what she really is the better.

We're waiting.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I'm still not in my dream house, not sure we ever will be. At least I know how lucky we are with a roof over our heads and we're comfortable.....less so since covid hit, but still we're alright. The difference being we're still in a decent area yet the average house price here is less than half of where Jack chooses to live. That is what she hasn't come to terms with yet.......the life she wants and the life she has are two very different things.
Same here. It's about compromise isn't it and working out what you want versus what you can afford. They don't always match up and that's why I have a Hotpoint fridge and a Billy bookcase.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Imagine being up at 4am thinking at this very moment in time what the internet really wants to read is a 3000 word essay about yourself.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Im still catching up but duck OFF YOU LYING LITTLE RUNT. I feel like I need to go through and highlight, and expand on, every lie and inconsistency. She is a bleeping disgrace.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
She says she's been trolled and hounded for 7 years for "telling the truth about poverty". She knows NOTHING about poverty. She was NEVER poor, EVER.

She's a spoiled privileged brat.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
The whole 'I've experienced more poverty than you have' schtick adds nothing to the conversation. Who cares?

We know you have more experience of it than she does, regardless of if your Dad could have gotten you out of it or not. That should be the starting point of the conversation. I don't need to read that rehashed a thousand times because you've got nothing else of value to offer.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.