Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't want to highlight too much, as I really don't want to spoil the blog read for those who haven't seen it yet :LOL:

However, I keep seeing her mention that she cannot buy a home and her current property is 37 times her present living wage, etc. Yet what Jack fails to mention is the price of the house she is in. If you choose to live (albeit rented) in a road where the average house price is around the £715k mark, then that is down to you. I have zero sympathy. You cannot shake the tip jar and claim poverty. If you want to be more financially secure go find a 2 bed flat, 2 bed terrace or whatever to rent, not a 3 bed detached dormer bungalow (even if 2 of the 3 bedrooms are tiny :rolleyes:). Live within your means like most of us manage to🤷‍♀️

Oh, and where did the original post go on the blog, the one that states about selling the Omega Seamaster you were given for your 21st birthday? Or am I just not looking properly?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
Yeah right you’ll be off SM for a few weeks 🙄 Of course we’ll stop interrupting you (erm you have to be on Twitter to see people not ‘behaving themselves’)
duck off with the patronising tone 😡
712F1087-F225-4099-8CBA-406F44CBE5E2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Very intriguing. Can we tease any more out of you? 😇
Sadly not..... I would be too easy to triangulate and she might take me out Neeson style but basically I knew her of old, somewhere along both our journeys I landed on my feet with a job and am very glad she never worked with our media outlet because it would have later proved to be a bit embarrassing. In fact I cant believe back then I didn't see what I am seeing now...🙄suckered in! 🙈 Have a lovely day Fraus....wonder what delights I will miss when I am working today.....can not believe she was tweeting until the "wee" hours and so furiously....very manic!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Yeah right you’ll be off SM for a few weeks 🙄 Of course we’ll stop interrupting you (erm you have to be on Twitter to see people not ‘behaving themselves’)
View attachment 196401
Thanks for your selfless efforts, Dear Leader, sorry for imposing on you again. We will try to do better. We never wish to disturb you but simply couldn’t live without your spiritual guidance.

Seriously , is this what she’s hoping to hear maybe? And what’s it called when one has grandiose delusions?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Read the blog 🤢

Moving 26 times? In a lifetime? During the poverty period? I her adult years? It needs context!!

Her parents foster children. They obviously care about children and I would guess probably have a ton of clothes in different age ranges to hand because you could need them for a child with no warning. So how does that square with the picture of SB?

Breaks an NDA with the publishers of her first book (I assume you can find out who these are easily) in a public blog post. That’s probably not a wise move?

Reactions: 35
I bet she never fulfils her monthly commitments on Patreon as it would remind her subscribers to cancel the direct debit. She’s so sneaky.
Never thought of that! I imagine you’re spot on with this, she’s one hell of a shady lady 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 18
I'm trying to come up with an outfit that properly represents the mixture nervousness, excitement and vulnerability one experiences upon entering a new branch of a chain restaurant for the first time.
I’ve decided to wear all green and fashion a little hat out of a scottish flag with a 5 guys cup as a handbag. That way I can be “Celery. Edinburgh”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
This made me Hoot, as a reply to her final post at 7am. Well said 👏👏👏😂
A3ABD1A6-73A2-46A1-8771-B4C50115C258.jpeg

They’d had enough last night too 😂

75AEA070-95EE-4A50-B55E-B4E606F6F239.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I was trying to find Hunger Hurts and I came across this and, well would you look at this nonsense : https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2018/05/29/poverty-lingers-in-a-septic-wound/

ETA: This was May, 2018. She was asking for donations so she could move into her 'crappy bungalow'.
Still grunkaing but can’t let ‘I read all the emails’ go unnoticed. To be fair, in Jackie Mc Monroe world ‘all’ probably means somewhere between none and some.

‘I read all of my emails.‘

Righty-o!
Oops snap! Several hours later (I have tit reflexes and was asleep on the job).

• Haha
Reactions: 22
4 days ago: sad, pitiful, suicidal Jack on a Twitter break because breakdown

Now: powerful, poverty fighting activist Jack, on a Twitter break because BUSY

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Put this through Google translate: English ---> JM lies

I spent none of my formative years poor, and have not been anything approaching poor for almost a decade.

I did experience a period when I voluntarily left a well-paying job to cosplay single motherhood, while avoiding offers of help from my generous family.

I used my social capital to monetise this experience and have made a considerable income from books and articles about it, along with TV appearances and a well-filled begging bowl.

Please, nice TV people *kissing noises from nether region*, commission me for a show with someone equally as clueless but posher, so that my Cotswold furniture doesn't stand out as expensive against her antique Chippendales, and I will embellish my brief spell on the dole even more.

I SOLD MY LIGHTBULBS FOR THIS (but not my Tracy Emin).
Glorious!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
For someone who cites they are unable to open the door, post and has PTSD (allegedly) she sure is pushing this TV idea for her to ‘experience’ poverty again.

Such a laugh to her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
She’s writing her bleeping memoirs isn’t she. Probably she is aware that people are picking apart her story and finding inconsistencies everywhere and because she’s a control freak she HAS to control the narrative.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I believe her tale about getting kicked out the Ivy for singing.

After all this is the girl who thinks she can sing Celine Dion perfectly. I bet she was caterwauling and showing off and thinking everyone loved it, then got the boot for making everyone’s ears bleed.

In her mind though, she got the boot for being too working class.
Why, oh why would you go somewhere as prestige at the ivy and make a complete tit of yourself. I get it she was probably drunk but her mates should have put her in a taxi home.
I also wish she would realise that no one with any substance actually cares much about her rants and the constant name dropping of famous people, just shows how desperate she is to prove she once rubbed shoulders with these people.

I've never seen any other supposed celeb act as desperate as she does to be take. Seriously in the celeb world. You don't see James Martin or. Jamie Oliver bang about all the famous people they have met or who told they they admire them. They might on occasion stick a photo on sm of someone they admire but that's it.
I

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I’m wondering if this “angry” thing she says she’s writing will ever actually emerge.
Spoiler: it doesn’t because she is ANGRY in the same way that she is BUSY (I.e. not very).

ETA. Grunka done. Turns out it did so I was wrong. But really it didn’t because what she produced was actually just her memoirs & barely mentions the current situation. If somebody tried to guess the year of the article they wouldn’t automatically go ‘2020’. Which shows how piss poor it is because a lot of pretty unique stuff has happened in 2020 making it quite easy to guess the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Ah my Gahhhhhhd, that article.
I think I got about halfway through reading it properly before running away from the self-indulgent, ranting tripe.

In her own words, ‘... the blurry timeline’ - no tit. It’s laughable how bitter she is, and how ungrateful she is for what she has now, living in her ‘modest sized dormer bungalow’.

Skimmed the second half to get to the photos. The most overwhelming feeling I had from what I read was her was defensiveness - because she knows everything she says is questionable. Let alone the exploitative picture of her son in his ‘too-small trousers’. His cheeks were a bit red. And she called him an ‘asshole for not wearing socks.’

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.