Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's why it's so strange that when she was actually struggling she didn't ask anyone for help. She sold SB's toy dinosaur apparently rather than tell her family she was in trouble.

Now she's constantly asking everyone for money.
She was never struggling, in my opinion she’s a compulsive attention seeking liar. She has no shame about asking people for money even though she is now comfortably off. So why would it have been any different when she was supposed to be struggling?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
View attachment 196020
How is she going to get out of this one?! 😂 Her mum’s going to have to write her a note. But most importantly, A R-M never said she could fix family food poverty ffs.
Didn’t ARM just make some fairly innocuous comment about potatoes? That’s all I saw anyway. She wasn’t throwing a gauntlet down or anything.

Reactions: 24
The very thought that this posh girl could think that she could tell me how to cook nice, nutritious food on a miniscule budget makes my teeth itch.
This! There are so many better sources of info than Jack. Now I am very lucky in that I am comfortably off now but I grew up in a house where there were lots of kids and not a lot of spare cash so my mum was extremely clever at making good food for not much. Because of that I'm always interested in frugal food and I'm in a couple of Facebook groups to do with living on £1 a day and another one about surviving on 50p a day for when the tit really hits the fan. Those groups are full of brilliant advice, recipes and fully costed meal plans for a month for people who need them, even helping people to build a store cupboard over time. On top of that there is so much love and encouragement for people who are struggling and asking for advice. There is no slop to be seen.

There are also loads of blogs too dedicated to helping people do budget meal plans etc. Has Jack ever actually done any meal plans? The way she talks it's like no-one else has a clue and she's there to save them - really, really gets my goat. 😤

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Poor woman is being hounded!

Jack sort it out ffs!
Of course she bleeping won't. She's loving it. It is her favourite thing in the whole world. Throws out an incendiary tweet, stand back and watch the fireworks. It is pure evil and she is disgusting.

Reactions: 24
Didn’t ARM just make some fairly innocuous comment about potatoes? That’s all I saw anyway. She wasn’t throwing a gauntlet down or anything.
Yes. I was just looking back thinking I've missed something. ARM compared the price of a bag of potatoes to own brand oven chips. Oh and she (ARM) had the audacity of having a Mc Donalds. It's not like anyone has had a Five Guys or anything recently is it Jack?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
That's why it's so strange that when she was actually struggling she didn't ask anyone for help. She sold SB's toy dinosaur apparently rather than tell her family she was in trouble.

Now she's constantly asking everyone for money.
She’s been very creative about the whole narrative. In truth, if you have to do that, it’s because your family can’t help because they too are in dire straits.

Anyone else I know who has been in poverty (and I’d include myself, we had what we needed but it wasn’t easy growing up and my mum is only admitting now she is relatively comfortable the extent of the financial strain she felt) would feel too uncomfortable to say they were skint and ask for money unless they desperately had to.

When I went to uni I was gobsmacked at how everyone would be very blasé about saying they were skint. They weren’t. They were perhaps personally short of cash for a spell, but they’d always get the help they needed, as soon as they needed it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Why do people fawn all over her on Twitter like she's the Second Coming? I don't get it. Even on a basic level her tweets seem passive aggressive, and the frequency of the tweets is alarming. Why are some of my IRL acquaintance s liking her tweets?! Why!

Reactions: 32
Of course she bleeping won't. She's loving it. It is her favourite thing in the whole world. Throws out an incendiary tweet, stand back and watch the fireworks. It is pure evil and she is disgusting.
She’s just an unpleasant bully - she’s happy, now she’s sent out the flying monkeys to hound the Barbaras of Twitter.
Meanwhile Jack herself is all giddy because she’s attracted the attention of some blue tickers who are blowing smoke up her arse. She won’t be leaving Twitter for a while, I bet.

Reactions: 28
My outfit will be a Vivienne Westwood number, I’m sure I can find one in a thrift store charity shop in Thorpe Bay

• Haha
Reactions: 20
1596053582984.png

Sorry if someone has done this already, either way, it was crying out for it!

Catching up, currently on p8. I have genuinely been so BUSY...I checked my phone after I'd finished work and actually couldn't believe she was back (more fool me), and I was embarrassingly excited to see what had been going on here. Dear God I need a life 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
This! There are so many better sources of info than Jack. Now I am very lucky in that I am comfortably off now but I grew up in a house where there were lots of kids and not a lot of spare cash so my mum was extremely clever at making good food for not much. Because of that I'm always interested in frugal food and I'm in a couple of Facebook groups to do with living on £1 a day and another one about surviving on 50p a day for when the tit really hits the fan. Those groups are full of brilliant advice, recipes and fully costed meal plans for a month for people who need them, even helping people to build a store cupboard over time. On top of that there is so much love and encouragement for people who are struggling and asking for advice. There is no slop to be seen.

There are also loads of blogs too dedicated to helping people do budget meal plans etc. Has Jack ever actually done any meal plans? The way she talks it's like no-one else has a clue and she's there to save them - really, really gets my goat. 😤
I love this post. I grew up the same. My parents didn't have lots of money but we always had good food. I used to watch my nan cooking as well who was a wizard with leftovers. I love planning what I'm going to eat and how I'm going to use food up, partly because I'm a bit of a food geek but I also hate food waste and I get a bit of a kick out of making great food from not blowing a huge amount of the budget on the food shop. Also totally agree on the meal plans. Many threads ago I suggested that she could do a 5 day meal plan. Or 5 ways with mince or chicken thighs that you can freeze if you are lucky enough to have 3 freezers.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

I'm in those groups too and the meal plans are really helpful. It just shows that Jack knows nothing, zilch about poverty. It's all one meal with her, the wacky chaos of slop and bean rinsing.
She doesn't discuss charity shops for clothes and household items or budgeting or meal planning weeks in advance to make sure the money will stretch.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
3A36AE38-FA85-46F2-B1EC-410A4C09C7D2.jpeg

Stop making this look current!!!

3462B41B-CC7B-460C-8354-17D765C27108.jpeg

cba to screenshot them but she’s basically plugging every blog post she’s ever written.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.