Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you use your brain,you can eat frugally enough. I've been known to make a reduced whole chicken make three meals for up to four people. Ive made a standard packet of mince stretch two. I've made a decent sized cottape pie for 3 people and enough Bolognese for two. The trick is bulking out the carbs. She still baffles me with her cooking as a standard tin of beans is like 30p and I saw a loaf today for 35p so she could have beans in toast for 60p, my local shop does bacon for a pound and cheese for a pound each, If you get a jacket potato cook it and half and quarter it you can stuff it with cheap bacon and cheese and stick it in the oven and cook for like 10 mind and make potato skins and serve with cheap beans. There is so much you can do with a little thought and none of it looks like it's already been eaten once already.

When I was a kid my mum had to feed five of she was brassic, but we always had something different to eat every meal time, because she used her brain.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
She seems to be suffering from selective memory if I keep rolling my eyes, at this rate I’ll be looking out the back of my head

• Haha
Reactions: 19
View attachment 195875
I want to reply to all of these people that she’s replying to with her (now forgotten) greek odyssey of a meal and tales of never being allowed to leave a house without food.

Also. Aye. 😐
exactly @Silver Linings
You keep churning out the bullshit poverty spiel Jackie. Keep cranking it up my lovely. Especially how it is 'haunting you to this day'
Except you have forgotten you remembered your idyllic life a couple of days ago?
You know how Greek families 'never let you leave hungry' You said that. Don't care if you've deleted the tweets, we've got the screenshots.
Or was THAT the lie? Because at least one of these two versions is the truth. Please pick one and stick with it. Either the lie is the poverty, or the lie is the idyllic family.

We'll wait....

• Heart
Reactions: 43
So much for just popping in. Why can't she shut up? She's like the most annoying person you know, multiplied by a thousand. Or three.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Exactly. This has always bugged me too. I mean I know other chefs do it but her “niche” is specifically highly budget constrained people so you would think she would cost it to how much it would really cost to buy the smallest possible portion of each ingredient in the supermarket.

also I find her portions are very small.
And yet, ironically, her appetite is HUGE and she's a GREEDY GOBLIN who shoves everything into her gob, from clitoris clams Al a Allegra, to tonnes of cheesy mashed potatoes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
So much for just popping in. Why can't she shut up? She's like the most annoying person you know, multiplied by a thousand. Or three.
If she hadn’t have been dicking around on twitter all aft and evening she’d have finished her article and maybe even got someone to publish it. Tomorrow the news cycle will have moved on.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Just seen her latest tweets. I can’t be arsed with her at the moment. Same old drum banging, touting for business on the backs of people in dire straits. Her short stint in poverty’ as many have said, is nothing like being born into poverty and lacking not only in money but all the other trappings that poverty can bestow negatively on you !

If only she could be consistently passionate. Over these last four months why has she not focused on free school meal vouchers. If she can feed a family of 4 for £3, making a nutritious lunch for one child for £2.45 a day, should have been a walk in the park. But no, it didn’t register on her radar until there was a Twitter flurry in the wake of Marcus R, who had fort the good cause, as guess what, he’d grown up having free school meals and understood how hard life is for families struggling financially and the impact it had on him. She only added her ‘support’ as a way of gaining some publicity for herself.

I can’t do with her opportunism and yelling how fecking great she is. I wish she’d piss off Twatter again 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I think even Nandos, after hearing Jack warbling her way through Common People, would ask her not to come back.
She also said she hadn’t sung in public since she was a teenager because poverty stole her voice, she sold her piano and some other sob stories. Makes no sense.

She reminds me of a girl I went to school with who used to tell some interesting tales. All her family were in MI5 & she had an imaginary aunt who was a TV executive so she’d managed to meet the whole cast of ER on a secret island.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I really can't cope with Twitter, but I was wondering......amongst all the tweets and re-tweeting today.......

Has Jack reminded everyone that when she was at her lowest living in poverty that she at least had a lovely Omega Seamaster watch to sell to put some food on the table. Who else living in poverty can say that? :rolleyes:
Anyone? No?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.