Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm on p19 just trying to catch up but I can't believe she spoke to Barbara like that, she's acting like a spoilt brat. I want to give Barbara a hug :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I’m no Tory, and no ARM fan, but what she’s done here is plain and simple bullying.

All of this ‘She’d cry over chicken nuggets’ or ‘she wouldn’t cope and I’d have to help her’ like seriously? You’ve had no discussion with this woman, don’t know her or have any relationship with her - you can’t know one way or another how she would or wouldn’t cope. Saying tit on Twitter is really aggressive and antagonistic. It’s why she brought that case against KH, you can’t just say an author is on coke, a chef stole your job, and an MP wouldn’t be able to do something properly. It’s the sort of conversation you have with a mate, like, ‘oh Boris what would he know! He’s a public school boy bla bla’ as people do. To put it on a public platform you really ought to know what you’re talking about, and be damn sure you’re in a position to be pointing fingers. She’s so unprofessional and irresponsible it’s shocking!! Carry on, Jack. I love her ultra chaos stages, because more and more people start realising what a bullshitting charlatan she is.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
There’s a lot you could say about the National Food Strategy and the recommendations put forward, if you were minded to do so. However, all we’re getting from Jack is ego and self-promotion.
Anyone reading her tweets today will see: how Jack was a major influence on Henry (despite not making it to the acknowledgments or list of people he met); Jack’s “origin story”, an overwrought bit of writing from 8-9 years ago about her brief period of poverty as if this is still somehow relevant now; lots of grandiose statements (“origin story”, “don’t you know who I am”, etc.); lots of mentions of her fancy mates in TV and how she’s getting lots of pitches; a major pile-on of AR-M, and associated pile-ons of lesser mortals; just endless bloody me me me aren’t I great.
Thoughtful comment and debate? Not so much.
Yes, absolutely. I find what she doesn't say is more interesting than what she does.
Her brief period of being poor came as a result of leaving a well paid job in the fire service due to childcare issues. She didn't live in poverty for years and years but went from around a £20k job (maybe more) to living off benefits.

She was a single mum but SB's dad has always been involved. While she was selling his toys, her parents were employed and appear to be supportive but she chose not to ask for help.

She's got mates in TV but in reality the only contact she has with them is the odd tweet. If Nigella loves her so much (dear heart) then why not collaborate. She's being offered jack tit for tv work.

She lived with a millionaire for a while and also lived with other partners who were employed and probably financially secure.

Jack has had to centre herself into the National Food Strategy as she wasn't involved and despite not having the knowledge or experience (see above) is so entitled and self important she feels she should be. So why not start tweeting furiously and cause another pile on. She was POOR so who else is better qualified than her. Having lived an experience can certainly give you an insight but it doesn't automatically make you the expert and she fails to see this. I don't need my cardiologist to have had heart disease. I just want them to be the best person to treat me.
Sorry for the ramblings. Not sure what I'm trying to say. Just so tired of this expert talking head she positions herself to be when she's not. It's almost a decade ago and so much has changed. There are new, more relevant stories now. We should be hearing these.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
No Lumie no Smeg no sideboards no Viv (RIP) clothing no Burberry jackets no Air pods no multiple phones no Dustin hair dryer no TV in the bathroom

Gosh R Jackie you seem as much as a ‘tiff’ as ARM

#SHAN’T
I read this to the tune of The Only Fools and Horses theme tune.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
It's actually quite funny that she's snapping at people for using 45p of rice from a large bag because that was exactly how all of her recipes were priced in her Guardian column, and every week she would get super defensive about it.
Was just about to say this. This is the exact ridiculous way she prices up her crappy ass recipes. duck me, anyone who posted on this thread lately about her being bullied or feeling sorry for her, hope you're reading.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
It's actually quite funny that she's snapping at people for using 45p of rice from a large bag because that was exactly how all of her recipes were priced in her Guardian column, and every week she would get super defensive about it.
Exactly!

Reactions: 10
Keep the tit coming Jack, the more you say the more obvious to everyone what an opportunist you are. I cannot stand her acting like poverty is her *niche*. There are kids sleeping on filthy mattresses on floors of cold, damp houses all over the UK. What has she done to help? Give them an iPhone 11 and let them send a few Tweets about their lives
This is something she gives a majorly huge berth to, probably because she's scared of someone pulling Edwina Curry's receipts up again.

Again the bootstrap narrative is so gross, all about how she can fix it so people can be live in the bleeping god awful conditions the government/landlords/employers impose upon them, rather than saying hold up...why isn't there a universal basic income / adequate welfare support / more community based resources for emergencies. I suppose the latter don't need copies of her books.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m sad, angry and fed up that JM is back. I hoped that a break from SM would have magically restorative powers. Unfortunately a break can’t work miracles and make this nasty self seeking spoilt brat into a normal human being ☹

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
This is something she gives a majorly huge berth to, probably because she's scared of someone pulling Edwina Curry's receipts up again.

Again the bootstrap narrative is so gross, all about how she can fix it so people can be live in the bleeping god awful conditions the government/landlords/employers impose upon them, rather than saying hold up...why isn't there a universal basic income / adequate welfare support / more community based resources for emergencies. I suppose the latter don't need copies of her books.
All JM is interested in is her self aggrandisement. She cares nothing for the conditions some people live in. It’s all about herrrrrrrr.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
What Portillo actually said. It was nothing remotely close to “keep your legs shut” and anyone who has ever heard him speak must surely have done a double take reading her tweet. As if he’d say that, bloody hell! I’m not saying I agree with his comments, BTW, but he didn’t say what she said there. A video of it confirms that she didn’t “say something that was unfit for broadcast” lying gobshite.
9EE66114-9EF9-4D29-BC3E-F2E931BCF601.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.