Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A58CB85B-0746-4FA4-A633-6A6DD9998D02.jpeg

I want to reply to all of these people that she’s replying to with her (now forgotten) greek odyssey of a meal and tales of never being allowed to leave a house without food.

Also. Aye. 😐

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Exactly! She's acting so irresponsibly. And for someone who loves yellow stickers so much, she's being extremely condescending to someone who uses the reduced aisle to get by. This has upset more than I thought!
Me too. One of the things about being poor is that people do look down on you and you're spoken to like you're nothing. Jack would know this if she'd had any real, sustained period of poverty. She has no idea what's going on in that woman's life and to just stomp on her like that is horrible. Speaks volumes about JM's character.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
I think every time jack gets to retell her ‘single mum having to unplug the fridge And pay for tins with pennies’ story she experiences the kind of high that is comparable to a heroin addict.
FFS I had a time where I left a great flat because we kept finding wraps of coke on the communal stairs and a very elderly man with some abuse history was grooming my SB. We lived in a tiny flat and had no oven, we had a combi microwave which eventually blew up, a Breville Country Kitchen cast iron frying pan which you could bake a cake in and roast a chicken (it's wicked!) and a mini George Forman grill. We ate well, I couldn't look any of these appliances in the eye after 10 months of this and googled ovens galore to buy a 10 year old dual fuel delight which is humming away in the background right now. I have never owned a new sofa, sideboard or car of any age. I am very happy in my life, I don't get how angry she is about everyone and thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I've just had an emotional moment, my son who is doing well for himself has a conversation at lunchtime with a work colleague who said why don't poor people just buy broccoli, it's only 50p to which our lad told him what growing up poor was like, and when we were having pasta for the 4th night running him asking why we were eating it again and me saying it's all we have (It wasn't just plain pasta, we had a few tasty things in it), and that you can't live in broccoli as its not very filling.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Ah that staple ingredient we all have in the cupboard, lemon curd

Fancy!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
If you can be arsed reading it:

View attachment 195667

View attachment 195668

A packet of Percy Pigs if you read to the end!
Sorry if this has already been said, as I’m still Grunking my way through. But do you reckon she’s been stewing as THAT MAN was yesterday involved in the new political story about the governments healthy eating campaign and I bet she was seething yet again he was involved and not her. Today she’s seized the opportunity with REECE-Mogg to bang her own drum with all her ‘knowledge’😂, ‘poverty experience’ 🙄and ‘healthy cooking 😬’. Touting for business off the back of a poverty issue yet again, rather than trying to have a proper debate, as once again it all has to be about JACK, of course 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Keep the tit coming Jack, the more you say the more obvious to everyone what an opportunist you are. I cannot stand her acting like poverty is her *niche*. There are kids sleeping on filthy mattresses on floors of cold, damp houses all over the UK. What has she done to help? Give them an iPhone 11 and let them send a few Tweets about their lives

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
View attachment 195875
I want to reply to all of these people that she’s replying to with her (now forgotten) greek odyssey of a meal and tales of never being allowed to leave a house without food.
The original tweet was surely a piss-take, no? But even aside from that, where to begin with reasons that she doesn’t do it anymore... anyone??

Reactions: 4
Basically no one has suffered like she has, and only she could live off £3 a day eating her slop. Sure. twit.

Reactions: 30
Says the same person who found a fiver and spent it on ice cream just for herself. Being a mum means putting your kids before yourself Jack but you wouldnt know that would you?

I'm sorry if this is offensive but I sincerely hope sb is safe and happy at his father's, and not with that selfish witch at all being fed scraps.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I made a chicken stew for 2.98🤷

Chicken thighs£1.88
Chicken stock( for the box) 50p
2 fresh carrots 10p
Large Tinned or potatoes 60p

In actual hindsight if you have the lstock cubes in you'd have extra for an onion and a loaf of bread. Easy peasy

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I could make chicken stew for 4 with leftovers for £3

At least 900g pack of chicken thighs, 1kg pack of foot veg, including carrots, swede, onion and parsnip.
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/304780797 and https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/285959316

Fry the chicken skin side down until it is brown. This will release some fat to cook the root veg in. Add the veg you have now chopped,cook on low for a few minutes. Return the chicken, add enough water to cover and some salt and pepper (I'm sure even the barest of cupboards have that!) Cook for 45 minutes to an hour. Take some of the root veg out and mash it (enough to thicken sauce). Remove the chicken from bone chop into bite sized pieces, return to stew.
OK Jack!!

ETA method

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
View attachment 195875

Also. Aye. 😐
She’s now engaging in competitive poverty, “Four Yorkshireman” style. It’s in incredibly poor taste. She’s not interested in your improvised tomato soup, mate, cos she had to suffer on watered down lemon curd. 🙄 She’s not in fact interested in anyone but herself. Any story someone comes along with, she will top it. No words of sympathy or support.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
It's actually quite funny that she's snapping at people for using 45p of rice from a large bag because that was exactly how all of her recipes were priced in her Guardian column, and every week she would get super defensive about it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.