Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the girl who very recently was bragging about how fussy she is about her sleeping arrangements re: taking the sleeper for a fabulous little holly jockeysticks jaunt to Edinburgh. What planet does she live on?! Imagine JACK MONROE calling anybody else a toff!! 😂😂😂
And nobody is noticing except us! I feel like i’m going insane. Now she’s back (back again) I wonder what her instagram post will be when she platform shuffles later. A selfie as she’ll be feeling extra big headed because her public have missed her, I reckon.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Poor Barbara on twitter. 😞
Jack could pin a tweet stating that she is able to fight her own battles and so please don't pile on to people she engages with but would she? It would stop a lot of drama 🤷‍♀️. She could stop, or at least reduce this if she wanted too.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
So true hard to believe in 2020 food banks and period poverty
Super sad story.

Back in 2014 I visited a food bank in Camborne in Cornwall for work. It's based in a community centre, they also do meals for the elderly and are generally wonderful in every way.

We were chatting with the guy who runs it and he told us that the previous year he realised loo rolls were going missing from their toilets.

He saw a woman who had just been to the food bank put one of them in her bag and gently questioned her about it.

She started crying and said she didn't have any money for sanitary towels/tampons so she didn't know what else to do.

He cried telling me the story, I almost cried hearing it.

He said she was so ashamed and apologized ☹

Now they push people to donate sanitary items too as they are often forgotten about when we think about poverty.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
There’s a lot you could say about the National Food Strategy and the recommendations put forward, if you were minded to do so. However, all we’re getting from Jack is ego and self-promotion.
Anyone reading her tweets today will see: how Jack was a major influence on Henry (despite not making it to the acknowledgments or list of people he met); Jack’s “origin story”, an overwrought bit of writing from 8-9 years ago about her brief period of poverty as if this is still somehow relevant now; lots of grandiose statements (“origin story”, “don’t you know who I am”, etc.); lots of mentions of her fancy mates in TV and how she’s getting lots of pitches; a major pile-on of AR-M, and associated pile-ons of lesser mortals; just endless bloody me me me aren’t I great.
Thoughtful comment and debate? Not so much.

• Heart
  • Sad
And nobody is noticing except us! I feel like i’m going insane. Now she’s back (back again) I wonder what her instagram post will be when she platform shuffles later. A selfie as she’ll be feeling extra big headed because her public have missed her, I reckon.
Guess who's back?
Back again
Jackie's back
Tell a friend...
She's a twit
She's a twit
She's twit
She's a twit...
Da da da ...

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I think Babs needs a hug. Bless her. A load of nasty, spiteful people jumping on her for no reason at all. Twitter can be so toxic!
Just had a look,it's grim. As an aside, it appears Barbara is actually living in poverty and is trying to keep her spirits up. Jacks response to her would have been appalling even if she was a minor aristocrat but using your platform and status against someone worse off than yourself is just the pits.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 65
Poor Barbara. I know it’s a difficult subject for some but all she did was answer Jack’s question!
Same with these guys

1BD3EC42-24DA-4A3B-AAF9-84269D38506F.jpeg

Does she want people to just reply saying all they would eat is her crappy slop meals?!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Super sad story.

Back in 2014 I visited a food bank in Camborne in Cornwall for work. It's based in a community centre, they also do meals for the elderly and are generally wonderful in every way.

We were chatting with the guy who runs it and he told us that the previous year he realised loo rolls were going missing from their toilets.

He saw a woman who had just been to the food bank put one of them in her bag and gently questioned her about it.

She started crying and said she didn't have any money for sanitary towels/tampons so she didn't know what else to do.

He cried telling me the story, I almost cried hearing it.

He said she was so ashamed and apologized ☹

Now they push people to donate sanitary items too as they are often forgotten about when we think about poverty.
Where I work whenever we have a food bank collection I always but sanitary products.

We have a stack of towels and tampons about 8 foot high in case any of the girls haven't got any, and that they can have for free no questions asked. (I work in education BTW)

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I would watch the HELL out of this - the perfect car crash TV. Annunziata would make mince meat out of her (% of fat unknown 🤣😂)
Didnt Jack basically flunk it anyway? She wasnt feeding that many people and she wasn't living in a tower block in the arse end of nowhere but by her own account ran out of any food
Insert sure Jan gif here View attachment 195688
Didn't exactly have a lot to spare when she was feeding herself and a tiny child, though did she? I thought when she was doing it "for real" there were just empty cupboards, skipped meals, weetabix with milk, an unplugged fridge and not so much as a stock cube in the house. Now it's all in her head she's feeding her own imaginary family and still got spare food in her magic cupboards to feed a flock of Rees Moggses who come to her secret knock.

Give your head a wobble, love. [Always wanted to say that!]

(But also welcome back to Twitter after that long refreshing break and keep up the raging and bragging because it is highly entertaining)

• Haha
  • Heart
Just had a look,it's grim. As an aside, it appears Barbara is actually living in poverty and is trying to keep her spirits up. Jacks response to her would have been appalling even if she was a minor aristocrat but using your platform and status against someone worse off than yourself is just the pits.
Exactly! She's acting so irresponsibly. And for someone who loves yellow stickers so much, she's being extremely condescending to someone who uses the reduced aisle to get by. This has upset more than I thought!

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Jackie blocked me so I can't go and find Barbara and message her that this is normal behaviour for the cotswolds side boarded one

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
A R-M meets Saint Jack

<insert> spiderman pointing at spider man gif </insert>

<insert> lemongrab meeting lemongrab gif </insert>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Does she want people to just reply saying all they would eat is her crappy slop meals?!
It sounds like it. She wants everyone to be miserable but not as miserable as her of course. Someone is actually trying to engage with her and talk about their experiences and she shuts them down. It's awful.

Reactions: 20
That’s about the short of it. Only thing to add in addition to her wanting people to reply saying all they would eat is her crappy slop meals, she also fully expects them to agree that every tv company, book publisher and, apparently now, government should be falling over themselves to give her money for her maverick genius.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.