Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 195891

Not sure if this has already been posted but the gall of this bit made me so angry!
The other PLOT TWIST is that the benefit sanctions regime and wasn't introduced until October 2012. Hunger Hurts was written four months before this, and Jack will have already been raking in the Grauniad commissions by then, so she's never actually lived under the perverse fear of being punished by a jobcentre employee in order for them to meet an arbitrary target. But you pretend you did, Jack.

Re: mettle/nettle - you grasp the nettle (take on temporary pain or unpleasantness for a longer term end) and test one's mettle (fortitude or resilience).

I'm sadly unsurprised that she has returned even more of a twit then when she went on her self-imposed hiatus.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
What Portillo actually said. It was nothing remotely close to “keep your legs shut” and anyone who has ever heard him speak must surely have done a double take reading her tweet. As if he’d say that, bloody hell! I’m not saying I agree with his comments, BTW, but he didn’t say what she said there. A video of it confirms that she didn’t “say something that was unfit for broadcast” lying gobshite.
View attachment 195905
I’m so pleased you found that. duck me, how has she got me cheering on Portillo and feeling sorry for a Rees-Mogg today. He should sue the granny pants off her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Why does she keep pretending she's deleting the app. She's been liking Tweets all week. Oh, and about the writing..

nobody 👏
gives 👏
a 👏
duck 👏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
C3F34475-57C6-4F9C-ABF2-2BEED22FF54D.jpeg

Oh please don’t reply, Sue. Also, i’m sure her lawyer would have gone through stuff first, as if you’re just plonked down.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I mean, how many lies and distortions has she told today?! It's madness. She just goes off on one and she can't stop. I love that this Food Poverty thing has listed its contributors - and she does not feature!!!

No one is interested in her. No one contacts her for a comment. Her career is over.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Imagine basically saying 'the only way I can stay off of here is by deleting this app'

Sad enough on its own.

But then to very obviously *not* delete the app and continue to like tweets! The saddest of sacks.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I've just googled Jack Monroe Michael Portillo and the Huffington Post had an article on the This Week appearance.

Needless to say, what Jack implies and what happened are two different things. Yes, she Did call him a rude name, but not to his face, but over twitter. And I don't think she tagged him in. And he doesn't appear to have told her to keep her legs closed.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
She’s asking for other people’s ideas, costings etc but fact is she can’t even bloody do it herself. She did not go to the shop daily to buy £3 worth of tit when in other work she says to buy a massive bag of rice as it is more cost effective.

Non of her food is nutritious, maybe some aren’t full of sugar etc but they are not well rounded meals meant for the one meal a day. The corn beef mess must have been a thousand times over the salt content and besides that would have been healthier and CHEAPER to buy mince, a higher fat content one if it’s your only meal.

Her meals are wank. She had a few good ideas and that’s it. Everything else is random concoctions from someone who has disordered eating and no sense of taste. She lives the high life off a story from 10 years ago when the government were actually more supportive. She comes from a middle class family, her house is FULL. TO. THE. BRIM. With expense and gadgets and brand names.

She is not the voice of the working class, the working poor or anyone suffering real poverty. She is a work shy tit slop chef who takes advantage of other people.

duck. Her.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Packet of chicken thighs and drumsticks, 1kg. £1.70
Large onion from bag of the things (1kg) £0.50 - for all of them, far less for loose.
2 potatoes (less than 35p for canned if you buy loose, there's a pack of class II spuds for 50p), 2 carrots bought loose, cut into chunks. Nick a sprig of Rosemary from somebody's garden on the way home.

Sorted.

And your next three quid can go on a £1 bag of spuds, basics SR flour and some fat to make dumplings for the other half kilo of chicken or a scone type topping for a pie. And you could make onion soup, potato bread, Plus some eggs, as that would give you change from three quid.

Go duck yourself, posh girl.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.