Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How is it possible to be *this* full of yourself?
She's batshit! Has anyone read Once in a house on fire? if they've not made a film about that then I doubt very much her few months rinsing beans is going to be movie/ TV worthy.

Also I don't think it would stand up to the fact checking.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Off topic, soz but I haaaate that Ring advert. ‘We reinvented the doorbell!’. Erm, no, you put a camera in it. 👏🏻👏🏻
Remember in their early advert the burglar was a scouser and they had to ‘reinvent’ the ads? 🤣 That degree of stereotyping isn’t above Jackie going off how she speaks of people who are hard up like they’re homogenous.

Whoever mentioned THAT MAN being the catalyst for the latest chaos, I think you’re spot on. Won’t do any work but demands everyone else’s exposure. She is that kid who blows the birthday girl’s candles out 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’m so pleased you found that. duck me, how has she got me cheering on Portillo and feeling sorry for a Rees-Mogg today. He should sue the granny pants off her.
Oh I know!! I can’t believe I’m positioning myself as some sort of defender of the overly privileged Tory/Upper Classes! But goodness me, I don’t care who sits on what side of the political divide - I can’t stand seeing people being slandered and misrepresented. I’m not a fan of David Cameron at all, but what she said about his son was despicable. Whatever I think of, say, ARM’s politics, a pile-on is always unacceptable in my view.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I've just realised that despite all the shenanigans of today . Jimmy Nail/Djokovic has yet to appear !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm reading a politician's memoir at the moment that takes 677 pages to talk about 2 (admittedly eventful) years. Jack's memoir of her 12 weeks in poverty will probably be the same length. Peach curry: the extended remix, anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Me me me me me, again. Namedropping Portillo (he said this about ME -except it turns out he didn’t), Hopkins (I did that case all the blue tickers were slapping me on the back for!), Sue Perkins (a famous person was giving me drinks!) - all to remind everyone about ME and how IMPORTANT I am.
It’s excruciatingly embarrassing and she’s absolutely pathetic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Oh I know!! I can’t believe I’m positioning myself as some sort of defender of the overly privileged Tory/Upper Classes! But goodness me, I don’t care who sits on what side of the political divide - I can’t stand seeing people being slandered and misrepresented. I’m not a fan of David Cameron at all, but what she said about his son was despicable. Whatever I think of, say, ARM’s politics, a pile-on is always unacceptable in my view.

Thing is, were she actually in ARM's presence, she'd be a snivelling creep being oh, so very 'umble.

And ARM would probably offer to teach her to cook.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Yes and it looks like it started because ARM said she went to McDonalds. Yet JM can boast about buying and eating 2 tubs of ice cream, because she's so kooky and maverick and exempt from any criticism 🙄

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
my hunch is that Jack was jealous of the foster children growing up, and probably hated hearing about their terrible childhoods and not being able to demand 100% attention all the time. so thenwhen the chance came along to experience her own suffering and hardship she happily went along with it and stubbornly refused any help - then monetised it and made sure she garnered attention to boot! Slightly different ‘origin story’ to her own.
This is 100% on the money in my opinion.

She was horribly jealous of those poor children and wanted a piece of the suffering pie.

To be honest, it probably was challenging for the bio children. I bet when a struggling foster child was acting out, her parents had to make a lot of allowances that wouldn’t apply to mentally healthy children. The apparent double standards would be hard for a child to understand.

Apparently developing Narcissistic Personality Disorder is associated with parents dismissing the child’s feelings. I can imagine Jack’s parents saying things like “stop worrying about (issue), think how bad (foster child) has it and he doesn’t complain” etc. Or emphasising how lucky she is compared to the foster children whenever she was upset. Jack was probably an inherently needy and sensitive child, and it’s easy to imagine well-meaning parents attempting to instill resilience and gratitude, and it backfiring

Reactions: 19
I dunno, but she’d better back the duck off of my darling Sue Perkins. I listen to her podcast and am a tiny bit in love with her, so leave her out of your lies please Jackie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.