Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone really needs to sit Jack down and explain to her what a horrible human being she is and how offensive her behaviour is. Time and time again she has squandered the platform she's only been given because being in the media have about as much knowledge of poverty and working class life as I do about about life on the planet Jupiter.

She's been at this scam for close to a decade and what has her contribution to anti-poverty campaigning been? Some depressing store cupboard recipes, endlessly embroidering ever more implausible tales about how poor she was, starting Twitter pointless beef over nothing and now demanding the opportunity to humiliate some daft posh bint on the telly.

Not once has she ever attempted to elevate the voices of people actually living in poverty. Has she ever stopped to think about the people who were born poor and will likely die that way? People for whom the best hope of advancement in life is a lottery win? Whatever suffering she experienced during her brief stint in poverty, she had some work experience behind her, she's well spoken, she's employable. She would have known that it wasn't forever and if things really became too much to bear she had parents and family that could step in. The country is full of people who had terrible starts in life and never catch up. What does her poverty larping do for them?

She demonstrates no gratitude for her almost entirely undeserved good fortune in life, is absolutely abysmal to the poor souls who haven't seen through her yet and is utterly useless as a campaigner or even just as a minor celeb. I found myself feeling slightly sorry for her recently in a moment of weakness but she really is a catastrophic malevolent arse.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
If you can be arsed reading it:

View attachment 195667

View attachment 195668

A packet of Percy Pigs if you read to the end!
I demand to speak to Boris Johnson right now! Well I mean I’ve read his thread so I realise he may be “busy” but that’s a pretty bold claim St Jackie of Edinburgh is making, saying she’s been a government adviser for 7 years.

I’d like to know it’s true and if it’s not true then I hope someone pulls her up on it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Here's another earwig for you all....

You lied to me.....

(Return of the Jack) come on
(Return of the Jack) oh my God
(You know that I'll be back) here I am
(Return of the Jack) once again
(Return of the Jack) pump up the world
(Return of the Jack) watch my flow
(You know that I'll be back) here I go
Haven't caught up but this has bleeping KILLED ME. AHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAAAA

• Haha
Reactions: 14
View attachment 195781
very freudian ‘plot twist’, there.
Jack, I’m sure your few months in voluntary poverty were very traumatising to a spoilt, middle-class princess such as yourself. You couldn’t handle it.

She’s blatantly backtracking because there’s a strong chance that Annunziata would walk this challenge, and Jack would be exposed for the charlatan that she is.

I mean, all living on a budget requires is basic organisation, counting, and finding cheap stuff in shops.

Most competent adults could complete such a challenge if they were willing. (As someone tweeted, a temporary challenge is a different kettle of fish to living in poverty permanently.)

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I think Babs needs a hug. Bless her. A load of nasty, spiteful people jumping on her for no reason at all. Twitter can be so toxic!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
4days and now she is reminiscing about her poor days. Look pet we get it you were skint. I am always skint but I stop moaning and get on. My mum always told you moaning gets you nowhere except on people's nerves.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I think Babs needs a hug. Bless her. A load of nasty, spiteful people jumping on her for no reason at all. Twitter can be so toxic!
If she was any kind of decent, responsible human she would have responded to Babs' reply that she wasn't criticising, highlighting the misunderstanding to her followers and ask them to leave off. ..instead she was a shrill, arrogant arse....she loves to wind people up and watch them go at the expense of someone else.....its vile.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
Jack, I’m sure your few months in voluntary poverty were very traumatising to a spoilt, middle-class princess such as yourself. You couldn’t handle it.

She’s blatantly backtracking because there’s a strong chance that Annunziata would walk this challenge, and Jack would be exposed for the charlatan that she is.

I mean, all living on a budget requires is basic organisation, counting, and finding cheap stuff in shops.

Most competent adults could complete such a challenge if they were willing. (As someone tweeted, a temporary challenge is a different kettle of fish to living in poverty permanently.)
It's pointless, tacky TV that cheapens the debate and contributes nothing to resolving the issues. That said I'm sure the poor people of the UK will be delighted to see St Jack of Southend selflessly giving up her time to rinse beans on their behalf.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I wonder whether this furious screed Jack claimed to be working on is ever going to get 'autoposted'.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
If she was capable of decentralising herself from ... anything... she could have created a really nice campaign/platform like myfrugalyear or that pregnant & screwed campaign where she features other stories that illustrate problems in the system? But she daren't let ANYONE ELSE SPEAK because she's so terrified they'll steal the profitable guardian / TV work off her...

• Angry
Reactions: 39

This is the girl who very recently was bragging about how fussy she is about her sleeping arrangements re: taking the sleeper for a fabulous little holly jockeysticks jaunt to Edinburgh. What planet does she live on?! Imagine JACK MONROE calling anybody else a toff!! 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I bought a box of the Idahoan mashed potatoes from Amazon just around lockdown and they have been invaluable. Excellent reviews on Ocado. I also rate the Sainsbury’s version which are a lot cheaper.
ED2C8D63-F0DE-4AA8-A331-0F43E140A2C2.jpeg
9CE2C81B-1FE0-4583-884D-3D84C1732889.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Everybody
Facetune your body
Everybody
Mash your oven chips right
Jackstreet's back all right

Oh my God she's back again
Tweeters, toffs, everybody sing
She's gonna bring the flavour - wait, no she's not
She's gotta question for ya
Get those blue ticks hot

Am I original? (noooo)
Am I in poverty? (noooo)
Am I sexual? (on your sideboard)
Am I everything you need?
You better mash your oven chips now

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.