Jack Monroe #524 Not the only or most important voice and presence in this critical area of our life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All this talk of people getting in Jack's niche got me thinking.......

What would Jack be able to do (asides from howl, claw and pull gas radiators off the wall ) if someone was to self publish a cookbook using Amazon tools, called "Thrifty Kitchen: 200 recipes from around the world"???

If said person collected authentic recipes from cultures famed for delicious, flavourful, nutritious and frugal cooking, like various far Eastern, middle Eastern, northern Italian, North African etc etc.

Deliver more recipes, of actual decent food, in a proper book.

Just a thought.......

Reactions: 26
She thinks she the 'female' Heston

Reactions: 15
I logged on after a bit of an absence to post this. Nicely played and great minds and all that!

Reactions: 14
There are many reasons why she's fucking infuriating but this is probably the worst. I'm sorry you had to go through that but I hate the fact people read her crap and assume that if we all followed jacks advice and slops, they're be no food poverty. I don't know of I explained that very well but it's probably my aneurism. More so than we she blames everything on being neurodivergent and that boils my piss

Reactions: 22
Find what you love and let it kill you is such a weird thing for someone who claims to be sober to have tattooed. You're not Nancy Spungen luv.

Has she ever addressed how she afforded them as the most desperate street pov hungry urchin? She had most of them soon as 1st book came out.

Reactions: 34
I second this. The slopalong threads are brilliant.

And yes, genuinely raised a lot for charity.

Reactions: 21
Thirding (?) the recommendation to read the slopalong threads as it’s such an eye opener as well as being hilarious. With all her other grifting and lying and embarrassing stupid shit it’s very easy to forget the fact that Jack simply cannot cook and should never have been allowed a recipe blog, let alone multiple published cookbooks. Like, the one thing she supposedly does well and she’s absolutely insultingly terrible at it. Prepare to be entertained, nauseated, angry, and terrified (sometimes all in the same post).

Reactions: 27
50/75g of pasta is not an adult serving, especially if it's all you are having for your meal (didn't she post something about having to have a bowl of porridge one evening after eating 75g of pasta, even saying that it wasn't enough for an adult?).
Pesto containing all of 10g of parmesan isn't pesto.
The less said about breaking spaghetti in two the better (ask Stanley Tucci).
I know we've said it countless times - how comes nobody actually checked her recipes before publication?
Feckless, lying charlatan.

Reactions: 26
I’ve said this before but this is the bit that really gets my goat. I bet every single person in this thread can relate to having a childhood memory, even something minor, and then mentioning it in front of your parents/siblings/grandparents/auntie/whoever and them saying “oh no that didn’t happen like that, this happened…” and how temporarily disorientating it can be when you then have to try to piece together whether it’s a perspective issue or you’ve misremembered or they have etc.

Imagine being SB having to not only contend with what he remembers vs what his dad remembers vs what Jack remembers but also the 57 different stories in the media about his early childhood, all the anecdotes he probably never said, all the personal things she’s shared about him that may or may not be true.

And his maternal grandparents and dad will pay the price for not stepping in and trying to stop her when teen or young adult SB asks them “Did X really happen, did I really say X?” and they have to admit she lied and he asks why they let her do that to him.

Reactions: 43
Hello. Coming from the past to ask why guest was grating a lime for Sunday lunch. Am baffled.

Last edited:
Reactions: 35
Me and my sensitive tum might regret this... but I might try my own Slopalong on pay day...
---
Hello. Coming from the past to ask why guest was grating a lime for Sunday lunch. Am baffled.
I reckon she's got scurvy from the lack if nutrition in her recipes.

Reactions: 16
Me and my sensitive tum might regret this... but I might try my own Slopalong on pay day...
---

I reckon she's got scurvy from the lack if nutrition in her recipes.
Don’t worry about your sensitive tum - you won’t want to eat enough of it to have any impact. Even my dog wouldn’t eat the horsespunk lasagne.

Reactions: 19
I experienced a life changing traumatic event a few years ago, my best friend and others experienced the same. My best friend and I both had to give lengthy police interviews the day after, neither of us had done that before.
the interview(s) lasted about half a day. Mine at home, hers at the local police station. We were both witness to the event, and yet parts of our statement were different. Perception, memory during a shock etc obviously played a part in that. Plus on top there’s the things that were perhaps insignificant to me and relevant to her, and vice versa, so I believe it can happen. How she remembers something mightn’t be how someone close to her might. That doesn’t excuse or account for her lies.

The thing that always gets me is, like, the ‘SB took this video/photograph of me and he done it off his own back because he said ‘mamapapa I want you to view yourself the way I view you’. That is her actually saying he said or done something. He must read that and think “no I fucking did not”. I think that must be really confusing for him. The cooking videos and the photo of her sitting on the caravan step spring to mind.

Reactions: 46
She was getting under her mum’s feet so she gave her a pointless task to do. Keeps her quiet.

Reactions: 24
I just picture her poor poor guests (read: people dragged along kicking and screaming out of a vague sense of do-gooding, or something) finally escaping from milky sultana curry night and rushing out on to the street in the rain breathing the biggest sigh of relief and belting out (to the tune of What’s Up by 4 Non Blondes):

and I said heyyyyy yeah yeah yeah-eh
heyyyy yeah-eh
I said hey
SLOP’S going onnn

Reactions: 19
Cinamonn roast potatoes is a new one!

Nah, nicked off Tonia Buxton - did two satellite TV series, My Greek Kitchen and My Cypriot Kitchen in 2012 (plus book).

Is surprisingly edible if you a) cook the potatoes for more than 10 seconds, b) stick them in with the chicken, c) use a fuckton of sea salt.

Reactions: 17
guest creeping about on Twitter this afternoon - has liked two posts
Follower count still nicely dropping to pre-QT figures

Reactions: 21
So we can add ‘brooding’ to words she doesn’t understand. How in the everloving fuck can a PIE be brooding?!?

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.