Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else who originated from the MOD/FOD threads also find it hilarious to see Glen’s smiling face complete with gifted teeth every time St Clemmie posts? Makes me hoot 😂
YES. I also can't believe they're genuinely... gone? I haven't kept up with the threads at all but ... wtf? I think he must have been made redundant, which is sad obvs, and he's keeping low to apply for jobs?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I used to be an avid Converse wearer til I tried a pair of Vans..Converse are like walking on broken glass in comparison (sorry Jack)! Love me a pair of Vans or 20
Aren't they so comfortable? Especially for me as I have wide hobbit feet. Ah, I’d love a Monkee’s style linked arm walk with all us Vans wearers 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I’ve just bought a pair of Stan Smiths, having had nothing but Supergas for five years. Other than that I have no “style” or “image” other than my clothes cover me enough that the horses aren’t frightened, and are activity and temperature appropriate. AND I’m working class.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
YES. I also can't believe they're genuinely... gone? I haven't kept up with the threads at all but ... wtf? I think he must have been made redundant, which is sad obvs, and he's keeping low to apply for jobs?
He / they have not posted in forever. Reckon you may well be right.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Nearly 40 and my favourite shoes are leopard print buffalos, like a true Spice Girl at heart. They are so comfy I don't care if I look mutton 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I am currently trying to decide whether these beauties are appropriate footwear for a woman in her early 40s.*

*Well, not really. More can I justify £60 on a pair of trainers at a financially precarious time.
I had a little look, if you can afford them and they make you smile, why not? I was looking and spotted these, suddenly husband says he needs new trainers(?) and those are perfect(?)...so he bought himself them. Shame you didn't include an afflink @Flumps 😘

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I just want to say that I feel terrible, and like I have dissed bigger feet 😂 I just meant that the perspective was a bit weird on the picture, with the ducks in the distance. I am not a "foot sizeist" 😬
Aww don’t worry @GrunkaLunka i didn’t think you were being foot sizeist at all ❤

PLENTY of black pepper?

my trainer of choice is Nike Internationalist, triangulate me witches 🤗
Me too, love me an internationalist or a New Balance! Triangulate us both, or does that become diamondulate us as there are 2 of us??🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Nearly 40 and my favourite shoes are leopard print buffalos, like a true Spice Girl at heart. They are so comfy I don't care if I look mutton 😂
I'll never forget how made up I was to buy myself my first pair of Buffalo's back in the day. Lived in them, I still think they're fab now.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Does anyone else who originated from the MOD/FOD threads also find it hilarious to see Glen’s smiling face complete with gifted teeth every time St Clemmie posts? Makes me hoot 😂
I don't even know who these people are but "gifted teeth" has killed me stone dead :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Babe, same. I just have to look at clothes to make them crumple and take on a sack like appearance.

I do love trainers though, but am more a Converse/Vans (preferably with nerdy designs on them) woman. My sister bought me my own customised Vans for my 40th birthday, I treasure them and wear them for special occasions. I am currently trying to decide whether these beauties are appropriate footwear for a woman in her early 40s.*

*Well, not really. More can I justify £60 on a pair of trainers at a financially precarious time.
Mr Nottonight wore customised Batman/Joker converse on our wedding day ☺ I really like converse but sadly have inherited my Dad's wide feet and they're just too narrow for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I've just bought myself my fifth pair of VANS. I am 42 next month and I really don't care what anyone has to say about that ☺
I’m now getting ads for Converse and Vans on Tattle :love:. Had a clear out of clothes/shoes in January and trying really hard not to click on the ad and have a nose!

018BC378-3632-4BE7-B5D3-3E3E804C1E98.jpeg
D088402B-9158-45CC-A577-D5D0D8EA8079.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Firstly, Saturn is a hero amongst men and I regret that I never met him in tattle life. Secondly, this is my take on Jackie’s tattle obsession (just speculation, your honour).

I suspect the reason Jack so desperately wants/needs to control the narrative is that she lost control of the narrative a long time ago. She’s told so many different stories (her own fault because she can’t control herself) & I have absolutely no doubt that she’s well aware that they don’t stand up to scrutiny. Which is fine as long as nobody scrutinises it. She stops people publicly scrutinising her narrative by blocking critics, guilt-tripping people into being scared of criticising her, claiming libel (the KH success means people believe she’ll be successful) and generally making it so chaotic that your head hurts even thinking what the actual timeline/narrative is. I think she hates the fact that she can’t control/stop this forum.

She hates the fact that the vast majority of the people on this thread are intelligent, articulate people who have the measure of her. Many are in her target market & many previously liked her. Many have suffered with some of the many disorders she has claimed to have. Previously she could just delete all her social media posts & forget them but now they’re immortal.

I think it would be easier for her if this forum was abusive to/about her (I wouldn’t be on it if it was). As it is, she effectively has dozens of eloquent people analysing & critiquing her actions with genuine concerns for the welfare of her, her fans, the people triggered by her actions and those around her. Those aren’t the actions of ‘nasty trolls’ & she knows it.

She could, of course, just think twice about what she posts & we’d inevitably get bored and stop keeping the receipts & discussing her but that would take effort on her part. She seems to want to manage us in the same way she manages everything else: in a combative way. It’s not really working because there’s no genuine libel on here & nobody’s going to take her seriously if she has a tantrum about the anonymous people calling her food slop™️.
The main reason she is obsessed with is here is that she knows we have the receipts - screenshots of the many tweets she has deleted, many of which evidence that she is (let’s be diplomatic) inconsistent with her stories. And that she is (at best) rude, dismissive, condescending and aggressive to her supporters and the general public. (Whereas she’s a complete arse-licker To blue-tickers though, to the point that it becomes embarrassing).
She dreads people coming over here and finding out the truth.
And she knows, deep down, that we are not to blame for her bleeping up her “big chance” on DKL and the Hellmann’s shitshow. She is the only one to blame for that. But, being a chronic narcissist, she can’t accept that it wasn’t, in fact, a triumph and that she is the newly discovered next big TV chef. A maverick! 🙄 She’s so chaotic guys, look she did a chaos (aka a complete duck-up)! As if this is what TV producers are looking for.
And most of all she hates that she can’t control us.
Which reminds me, she’s not threatened legal action for a while. Maybe her (fled to Israel) lawyer told her some home truths. There’s no legal action to be had here.

The main reason she is obsessed with is here is that she knows we have the receipts - screenshots of the many tweets she has deleted, many of which evidence that she is (let’s be diplomatic) inconsistent with her stories. And that she is (at best) rude, dismissive, condescending and aggressive to her supporters and the general public. (Whereas she’s a complete arse-licker To blue-tickers though, to the point that it becomes embarrassing).
She dreads people coming over here and finding out the truth.
And she knows, deep down, that we are not to blame for her bleeping up her “big chance” on DKL and the Hellmann’s shitshow. She is the only one to blame for that. But, being a chronic narcissist, she can’t accept that it wasn’t, in fact, a triumph and that she is the newly discovered next big TV chef. A maverick! 🙄 She’s so chaotic guys, look she did a chaos (aka a complete duck-up)! As if this is what TV producers are looking for.
And most of all she hates that she can’t control us.
Which reminds me, she’s not threatened legal action for a while. Maybe her (fled to Israel) lawyer told her some home truths. There’s no legal action to be had here.
And I should add, the main reason there will be no legal action is that we would be able to bring to court all the evidence of her (now deleted) Tweets. She would not want that, not al all

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I'm just waiting for Dunlop Green Flash to make a come back 🤷‍♀️
I love a pair of green flash. I'm stuck in some sort of 1980s indie/grunge fashion and footwear timewarp and I don't care. Bring on the stripey tshirts, cardigans and DMs!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Oh hadn’t thought of that re: FOD....that’s not a bad theory, would explain why he’s still splurging on the bots 🤖

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.