Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve really been finding the identity stuff interesting to read.

now before I say all this, please don’t think I’m a head- I keep all this to myself as a general rule but I have massive identity issues.

for me it manifests on getting a bit too into a certain culture or group but I don’t seem to be able to just have an interest in a bit of everything, I focus on one thing, follow a bunch of internet accounts, buy lots of things regarding it (as an example I’ve had weird times when I liked all things kawaii, other times when it’s all been instagram Parisienne fashion accounts where I only ate croissants and ratatouille and spent hours learning French on duolingo!). More recently it’s been biohacking of all things (?!). I think all of these things are really going to make me a better person and feel better.

for me i think it’s because I really don't know or like who I am (I’ve spoke about this in another thread recently so don’t want to be all me me me). But seeing it happening to someone else is eye opening to be honest!
It sounds like you have good awareness about your behaviour. That's always the first step to changing it (if you want to change it). I'd say there's nothing wrong at all with a variety of interests and trying out new things, but it's the trying out new personalities that's not particularly healthy. Just accepting who you are and learning to love yourself, with all your good and bad bits, is really freeing. You can still enjoy trying out stuff or going through certain phases, but your true self will always be at the core of it. I'm no expert, but I'm sure that's a healthier way to live life. Please believe you can live a life you deserve without hiding behind masks.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
The title may seem harsh to some but she literally wrote it herself? They're her words.

I get that nobody wants to read their darkest thoughts about themselves but also... don't put these things out on a public profile with a quarter of a million followers?

Sorry if I seem horrible, I just think she's an absolute drain.

On a lighter note, those trainers with those dad jeans really remind me of Homer Simpson in his Assassins...

unnamed (1).jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Babe, same. I just have to look at clothes to make them crumple and take on a sack like appearance.

I do love trainers though, but am more a Converse/Vans (preferably with nerdy designs on them) woman. My sister bought me my own customised Vans for my 40th birthday, I treasure them and wear them for special occasions. I am currently trying to decide whether these beauties are appropriate footwear for a woman in her early 40s.*

*Well, not really. More can I justify £60 on a pair of trainers at a financially precarious time.
I am all about DMs even in my 30s. I don't care what people think. I love them

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I’ve really been finding the identity stuff interesting to read.

now before I say all this, please don’t think I’m a head- I keep all this to myself as a general rule but I have massive identity issues.

for me it manifests on getting a bit too into a certain culture or group but I don’t seem to be able to just have an interest in a bit of everything, I focus on one thing, follow a bunch of internet accounts, buy lots of things regarding it (as an example I’ve had weird times when I liked all things kawaii, other times when it’s all been instagram Parisienne fashion accounts where I only ate croissants and ratatouille and spent hours learning French on duolingo!). More recently it’s been biohacking of all things (?!). I think all of these things are really going to make me a better person and feel better.

for me i think it’s because I really don't know or like who I am (I’ve spoke about this in another thread recently so don’t want to be all me me me). But seeing it happening to someone else is eye opening to be honest!
Babe, same. I haven’t seen your other posts so don’t know if you have a diagnosis or even feel as if you need one, but there’s so much you can read about online regarding this and what may have caused it. Peeling back the layers until it’s just your genuine self (I promise she’s in there somewhere!) is a fascinating experience, like getting to know a whole new person. I recommend digging into it if you’re in an okay place mentally

Have to say I have less sympathy for Jack due to her selling her identities and getting aggressive with those who can’t keep up etc...

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Jack's image is basically a mumsy grunge chav.

I appreciate that people do like trainers like this and my own person taste just screams "NO" but she really can't pull them off. Watch her claim they are for her arthritis which has now spread to her legs 😂
A chiropodist I saw told me ASICS were really good for painful feet. He was wearing some. I don’t know what style number though. I quite like some of the New Balance ones.

Reactions: 9
you do you boo :ROFLMAO:

I mean I see people wearing jumpsuits and stuff and I think they look great but it's not me so I don't. It's just personal style and what you're comfortable in and I personally think if you are comfortable and happy then you look cool.
I definitely don't look.cool. but I look like me. And I like myself. Even when I wear tragic mum clothes. I'm at peace with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Am I going soft as I think the title is harsh 🙈
Possibly but pre kitten and all the ED triggers I might have agreed now I think she knows exactly what she is doing as illustrated by the lake picture earlier

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Hate to be the person who brings it up again but just fleetingly for a sec. One thing that struck me at the time and I won't forget it, is when (in the middle of kitten-gate) she said that she wouldn't be sharing the medical details of the cat because "people have to spoil things". She was f*cking furious that she couldn't get away with the bullshit. And what did she do a few days later when she legit saw a vet? Shared more than she ever, ever should have. She was on top of the world!

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I definitely don't look.cool. but I look like me. And I like myself. Even when I wear tragic mum clothes. I'm at peace with it.
That's what I think is so important really. I know it's cliche but it would be a boring world if we all dressed the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I totally agree with what @MancBee just said. I do feel a teeny tiny bit sad for JM, in that she’s recently had a break-up and has totally ruined her chances of getting any paid cooking tv jobs after the Hellman’s shocker. But, all of these things are her own doing. She seems to be the architect of her own misfortune, but chooses to blame others for things that go wrong for her. And if it isn’t that, then it’s one of her many ailments that cause her to do ‘a chaos’ (for which she will eventually apologise.) And as for the pity party/sad fishing on social media, it’s absolutely pathetic! Pets die, relationships break down. It’s not ideal, but people deal with it. JM seems to milk her followers for sympathy with her lies and they fall for it every time.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Hate to be the person who brings it up again but just fleetingly for a sec. One thing that struck me at the time and I won't forget it, is when (in the middle of kitten-gate) she said that she wouldn't be sharing the medical details of the cat because "people have to spoil things". She was f*cking furious that she couldn't get away with the bullshit. And what did she do a few days later when she legit saw a vet? Shared more than she ever, ever should have. She was on top of the world!
Yes, it's easy to forget because we've had no chains in Scotland, train journeys, Greek ancestry and trainers since, but she shared EVERYTHING about the kitten once she finally got to the vet.

• Haha
  • Heart
That's what I think is so important really. I know it's cliche but it would be a boring world if we all dressed the same.
Oh god sorry I hope I haven't upset anyone in saying this - I've only been a catty cow because she pleads poverty yet has MULTIPLE pairs of £180 trainers, seemingly needlessly as she's not making any effort anywhere else. It's absurd to me, in the same way it's absurd she spends so much in homeware but her kitchen was filthy on DKL & let's not mention the nails. Just bizarre.

I've just eaten one of those black pepper ryvita and my tongue is burning for my sins x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
And her mate Vix was complicit in that with her “another a+ pass” comment straightaway the pair of dicks.

• Angry
Can we organise a pay rise for Pocahontas please? She's working harder than the rest of the cabal.
Oh, yes please Vlad, a filthy deposit of bitcoin would be much appreciated and welcome. I’ll also humbly nominate Silver and Marmalade and all others who painstakingly provide receipts on here. What a team! ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
My style had never really changed. I wear jeans and tshirts and either converse (usually non branded) or ( branded) DMS everyday. I dress up on the rare occassions I go out.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.