Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @acca00 for your second thread title. Winner with most reactions.

Recap of #51
This thread saw Jack Monroe get back in touch with her Greek roots, and she produced a delightfully edible looking feast that looked, literally, too good to be true.

She also produced a Trainspotting-style list of what she deemed were divisions of rich and poor in terms of classy and trashy.

She then posted an two-page short memoir about her grief for the kitten (and possibly for the relationship that is no longer). She deleted it.

She went for a walk with her friend and didn’t fall in the lake.

Lastly, the cabal were made aware through cleverly coded messages that an account named ‘Chaz[and numbers]’ appeared to be following accounts that are possibly associated with members of the cabal. Interestingly, ‘Chaz’ has now deleted their twitter account.

The plot thickens ...

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 90
trying my first ever cross-thread quote:

Those trainers are 🤢
Not gonna lie I think vapor max are cool af, if I was 10 years younger I'd be all over them, especially the fly knits. Tbh spunking ££ on shoes isn't enough, you need the right outfit, as a general life rule I'd say no one should be wearing stone wash boot leg jeans in the year of 2020 but particularly not with a shoe like that?! I truly despair, honestly, I bet it was paired with that frumpy Oasis insta mum jumper (with the stars on it) too, lord help us.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
trying my first ever post-thread quote:

Not gonna lie I think vapor max are cool af, if I was 10 years younger I'd be all over them, especially the fly knits. Tbh spunking ££ on shoes isn't enough, you need the right outfit, as a general life rule I'd say no one should be wearing stone wash boot leg jeans in the year of 2020 but particularly not with a shoe like that?! I truly despair, honestly, I bet it was paired with that frumpy Oasis insta mum jumper (with the stars on it) too, lord help us.
Mate no, just no!

I haven’t seen anyone in Vapormax for quite some time actually. But I can confirm there are much better trainers out there than Vapormax. And I’m lucky enough to work in a place whereby I get all of my trainers at a discount. Suddenly that £140 doesn’t seem too expensive anymore with discount!

I think with Jack it just doesn’t suit her, if you wear Vapormax you don’t wear them with jeans and a denim shirt. I’ll never get over the dirty white ones on DKL. As I said in the previous thread even some obviously worn Converse would look so much better on her than those. But that’s it isn’t it, she has no idea of her own style and identity. Someone who owns that type of trainers wouldn’t be associated with an Instamum Oasis jumper, it’s all thrown together rather than having a serious style she wears.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
this is ridiculous. She’s had more identities than Deep Throat. How many has it been now? First we had the rough diamond single mum from Essex. Then the trans / non binary person. Then the scampering church mouse MH spokesperson cum aspiring model. Now it’s my big fat Greek wedding.

Jack: changing your name in the first place doesn’t seem to’ve made You happy, it probably won’t work a second time either. You can adopt as many different identities as you want: it’ll still be you underneath.

you haven’t screwed up your life: you’re just at a low point. Ups and downs, all lives have them. You’re not special or unique. In fact you should take comfort in that. You’re no better not no worse than anyone else. You may continue to work in entertainment in the future; you may have to find something else to do. You’ll probably be fine either way: you have privileges and advantages of which millions of people can only dream.
For the moment, though, stop flailing around seeking a new identity / USP. It isn’t helping you. Step away from sm and go do something that requires you to focus on others rather than yourself. Do that for 3 weeks. It will give you perspective. God knows you need it.
This is so true. No matter what goes on in your life be true to yourself. You are what you are, you can change your clothes, your hair etc but you are you. No one else can be you and you can be no one else. Stop trying so hard to find validation by changing yourself. If people don't like you they don't like you, move on. There's plenty of work out there, loads of people everyday try the fame game and don't succeed it's not the end of the world.
Just sort your head out and hang out with your kid. In ten years time he will be off living his own life and you will yearn for this time back. Remember he is the most important person in your life. No one else will ever come close.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
trying my first ever cross-thread quote:

That was an amazingly spot on, Trinny and Suzannah style, fashion critique 😂 you’re so right!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Congratulations to @acca00 for your second thread title. Winner with most reactions.

Also, honourable mention to @Carrotcrunchet for: ‘Saturn runs rings around R Jackie’s triangulation’, which is also proving popular.

Recap of #51
This thread saw Jack Monroe get back in touch with her Greek roots, and she produced a delightfully edible looking feast that looked, literally, too good to be true.

She also produced a Trainspotting-style list of what she deemed were divisions of rich and poor in terms of classy and trashy.

She then posted an two-page short memoir about her grief for the kitten (and possibly for relationship that is no longer). She deleted it.

She went for a walk with her friend and didn’t fall in the lake.

Lastly, our detective and hero on the outside Saturn has uncovered a potential conspiracy on Twitter, making the cabal aware through cleverly coded messages that an account named ‘Chaz[and numbers]’ appeared to be following accounts that are possibly associated with members of the cabal. Interestingly, ‘Chaz’ has now deleted their twitter account.

The plot thickens ...
Can we organise a pay rise for Pocahontas please? She's working harder than the rest of the cabal.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
It's absolutely astonishing. More telling the more I think about it.

1. Why on earth do you care this much about what a (relative) handful of people think about you in a (relatively) small corner of the internet that you're creating anon accounts attempting to track them down?

2. How much control over the narrative do you feel you need/deserve to do this. Whether it's to try and shut down perceived overlap on Twitter, or actual nefarious triangulation, it's a deeply twisted thought process.

3. Is there nothing better you could have done with that time? Was this before, during, after you were nursing then mourning that poor kitten.

4. Just OMG.
I suspect the reason Jack so desperately wants/needs to control the narrative is that she lost control of the narrative a long time ago. She’s told so many different stories (her own fault because she can’t control herself) & I have absolutely no doubt that she’s well aware that they don’t stand up to scrutiny. Which is fine as long as nobody scrutinises it. She stops people publicly scrutinising her narrative by blocking critics, guilt-tripping people into being scared of criticising her, claiming libel (the KH success means people believe she’ll be successful) and generally making it so chaotic that your head hurts even thinking what the actual timeline/narrative is. I think she hates the fact that she can’t control/stop this forum.

She hates the fact that the vast majority of the people on this thread are intelligent, articulate people who have the measure of her. Many are in her target market & many previously liked her. Many have suffered with some of the many disorders she has claimed to have. Previously she could just delete all her social media posts & forget them but now they’re immortal.

I think it would be easier for her if this forum was abusive to/about her (I wouldn’t be on it if it was). As it is, she effectively has dozens of eloquent people analysing & critiquing her actions with genuine concerns for the welfare of her, her fans, the people triggered by her actions and those around her. Those aren’t the actions of ‘nasty trolls’ & she knows it.

She could, of course, just think twice about what she posts & we’d inevitably get bored and stop keeping the receipts & discussing her but that would take effort on her part. She seems to want to manage us in the same way she manages everything else: in a combative way. It’s not really working because there’s no genuine libel on here & nobody’s going to take her seriously if she has a tantrum about the anonymous people calling her food slop™️.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85
That was an amazingly spot on, Trinny and Suzannah style, fashion critique 😂 you’re so right!
Personally speaking, I would like to see stonewashed jeans outlawed as the abomination they so clearly are.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Jack's image is basically a mumsy grunge chav.

I appreciate that people do like trainers like this and my own person taste just screams "NO" but she really can't pull them off. Watch her claim they are for her arthritis which has now spread to her legs 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Is she saying....what I think she’s saying??
I get that she's having a bad time of it, really do. Everything has kind of happened all at once for her lately, the DKL stuff etc, discovering the cabal, the breakup. It's crappy, course it is. Nobody wants her to suffer or come to any harm at all. You open yourself up to critics when you display yourself on social media to thousands, claim endless ailments and tell tales constantly, it's to be expected. The part that sticks in her craw is that Tattle keeps receipts. Her stories are littered with inconsistencies and exaggerations to say the least. She wants to carry on oversharing and faux-advocating for the underdogs, pulling the wool over people's eyes and selling books, starting Twitter pile ons in the name of calling out injustices.

To me it looks like she's royally throwing all the toys out of the pram and is down sulking on a park bench, alluding to jumping in a lake that only comes to the shins. (And posting it to Insta). Imagine how worrying and triggering that could be to one of regular little 'Be Kind' followers!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Am I going soft as I think the title is harsh 🙈
I feel a bit the same, it makes me curl up a bit inside, but then I think that's what you get if you put your teenage angst stream of consciousness diary on Twitter.

Reactions: 15
Mate no, just no!

I haven’t seen anyone in Vapormax for quite some time actually. But I can confirm there are much better trainers out there than Vapormax. And I’m lucky enough to work in a place whereby I get all of my trainers at a discount. Suddenly that £140 doesn’t seem too expensive anymore with discount!

I think with Jack it just doesn’t suit her, if you wear Vapormax you don’t wear them with jeans and a denim shirt. I’ll never get over the dirty white ones on DKL. As I said in the previous thread even some obviously worn Converse would look so much better on her than those. But that’s it isn’t it, she has no idea of her own style and identity. Someone who owns that type of trainers wouldn’t be associated with an Instamum Oasis jumper, it’s all thrown together rather than having a serious style she wears.

I honestly think if you are confident in who you are with regards to style, I can appreciate it, even if it's not something I personally would wear. I feel like my image has evolved, but for me some of it comes down to my upbringing. I feel like working class people sometimes want to wear their wealth on them and I am guilty of that in someways . I enjoy styling outfits and it's never been something that has affected my finances, in actual fact I learned to budget from a young age because I wanted to add a pair of trainers to my collection and would cut my cloth accordingly. I sometimes dress a bit scallyish with nike and then sometimes a bit 90's with adidas zip up and sambas and I couldn't honestly give a flying one what anyone thinks :ROFLMAO:.

I have rambled but I just think it links in with dressing poor, that sort of hipster thing when in actual fact someone who has been in poverty probably wouldn't wear vapour max with straight cut jeans like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.