Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else who originated from the MOD/FOD threads also find it hilarious to see Glen’s smiling face complete with gifted teeth every time St Clemmie posts? Makes me hoot 😂
Lol the warm fuzzy feeling of nostalgia, when we were all “Hooting” at the Christmas buffet appearance! Ah seems like forever ago before the life of JM consumed us all.

It was a poorly thought out name tbh, not aged well, but at least St Clem can live on here in tattle land. To be fair she’s the reason I’m here.
Thanks Clem ❤

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Changed my profile picture, in 1981 was told I looked like Joanne Catherall (The Human League), my make up then was just as subtle, not triangulating as I no longer do!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I have nothing to add to the trainer chat except I'm a Bolton lass so I wear Reebok Classics.

I also love how little of Jack's current identity crisis has inflected tonight's covenly conversing. We've seen it all before, Jack - WE'RE BORED.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Congratulations to @acca00 for your second thread title. Winner with most reactions.

Recap of #51
This thread saw Jack Monroe get back in touch with her Greek roots, and she produced a delightfully edible looking feast that looked, literally, too good to be true.

She also produced a Trainspotting-style list of what she deemed were divisions of rich and poor in terms of classy and trashy.

She then posted an two-page short memoir about her grief for the kitten (and possibly for the relationship that is no longer). She deleted it.

She went for a walk with her friend and didn’t fall in the lake.

Lastly, our detective and hero on the outside Saturn has uncovered a potential conspiracy on Twitter, making the cabal aware through cleverly coded messages that an account named ‘Chaz[and numbers]’ appeared to be following accounts that are possibly associated with members of the cabal. Interestingly, ‘Chaz’ has now deleted their twitter account.

The plot thickens ...
I'm taking my seat, I've been MIA

Reactions: 18
Why? Why would you do that @Nottonightbabe?

I was happily scrolling, liking everyone’s choice of trainers then BAM!

Give a Tattler a chance Notts 😂

I do apologise, just thought it was a good moment to remind us all of days gone by, love a bit of nostalgia me 😂

ETA - took me blinking ages to find those pictures on here, had to search for sports bra/skirt/granny pants/sideboard/thirst before I could locate them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Hi can anyone kindly point me in the direction of the “Hellman’s shitshow” I keep hearing so much about?

Also... Jacks eyes look like shark eyes and it freaks me out every single time I see her face and just really needed to tell someone that.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Hi can anyone kindly point me in the direction of the “Hellman’s shitshow” I keep hearing so much about?

Also... Jacks eyes look like shark eyes and it freaks me out every single time I see her face and just really needed to tell someone that.
She did an Instagram series for Hellmans, it did no go well... Should find it on Jack's insta x

• Haha
Reactions: 15

The Hellman’s shitshows should be on her Instagram page. I think eps 4 and 5 are in the IGTV highlight. Godspeed!

You’re not alone in that opinion of her eyes. @PennyLoafer once employed a classic quote from Jaws: ‘... black eyes, like a doll’s eyes ...’

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Well. As Jack hasn’t done a chaos today, and is just ‘embracing her heritage’ (and emo-ing and deleting), shoe talk it is!

I’m delighted that loads of you love DMs as much as I do, I live in mine unless it’s 100 degrees. Nobody in my area wears them, so I always feel a bit, how shall we say, Maverick?

Also love a good pair of Vans, always the slip ons. Once in a while I treat myself to a nice pair of limited edition Vans with some kind of funky pattern. Converse, too!

Work people dress v blandly, and the mums at the school seem to all float around in either full on leisure wear, or zip past in killer business attire. I’m more of a DMs, decent jeans and silk top type of dresser/smart casual all day. I got to a point in life where I just thought duck ever wearing uncomfortable shoes again! I’ve gone from tottering about wearing skyscraper heels every day, to walking everywhere with bouncing soles. I love it 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 42
OT, apologies but my first avatar was Chuck, Morgan and Lester. Second Yvonne Strahovski (AKA Sarah Walker). Am I alone in loving Chuck (all 5 series currently available on Amazon Prime)? Not gritty or edgy but a fun combination of action, comedy, drama and romance. Always 'on the bubble' but got to five series. I also have a girl crush on Yvonne (she has also been in The Handmaids Tail). Zachary Levi (Chuck) has recently raised his profile as DC's Shazam!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I am all about DMs even in my 30s. I don't care what people think. I love them
I'm sixty next birthday and I love my DMs. I do have (diagnosed by a consultant rheumatologist, not a GP 😉) arthritis is my feet and have already had one joint fusion so I can only wear 'comfy' shoes. So, I thought that, if I have to wear granny shoes, they're going to be bloody funky granny shoes and I started building my collection of DMs (and Fitflop boots, shoes, slippers and slides). I'm a 5 1/2 and that's the largest size in DMs Youth sizing, so I can sometimes get them cheap - the best ones I have are black with glow in the dark skeleton feet on them and glow in the dark soles. At work, people often check to see which ones I'm wearing today!

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I remember at school you had to have the "right" trainers for gym classes or you were ostracized as the poor kid. I don't believe Jack ever experienced being bullied because of what your parents were able to afford .So it gets my back up when she flashing fancy trainers knowing they cost more than someone may have to live off for weeks .

Reactions: 27
I live somewhere shoes are pretty much optional for many situations 😂 It's too hot most of the time to be fashionable as well, which suits my scruffy soul quite nicely! Trouble is, there's only so much you can take off, which is where colder weather wins out somewhat, as you can layer up.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.