Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get that she's having a bad time of it, really do. Everything has kind of happened all at once for her lately, the DKL stuff etc, discovering the cabal, the breakup. It's crappy, course it is. Nobody wants her to suffer or come to any harm at all. You open yourself up to critics when you display yourself on social media to thousands, claim endless ailments and tell tales constantly, it's to be expected. The part that sticks in her craw is that Tattle keeps receipts. Her stories are littered with inconsistencies and exaggerations to say the least. She wants to carry on oversharing and faux-advocating for the underdogs, pulling the wool over people's eyes and selling books, starting Twitter pile ons in the name of calling out injustices.

To me it looks like she's royally throwing all the toys out of the pram and is down sulking on a park bench, alluding to jumping in a lake that only comes to the shins. (And posting it to Insta). Imagine how worrying and triggering that could be to one of regular little 'Be Kind' followers!
Completely agree! Even the thought that she might be creating fake accounts to follow Tattlers is worrying - she’s obsessed. She gets away with so much bullshit from her followers and we’re ruining the narrative.

I interpreted that as she stopped herself from jumping in the lake but with the trainers in the shot, I reckon she’d say “that’s ridiculous! Look at my expensive trainers, there’s no way I’d get them wet!” And make us look like idiots.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
To be honest I thought she meant she didn't fall in( accidentally). It doesnt look they deep to me and I was forever falling ( accidentally) into the river when I was kid. I was just clumsy. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I can’t decide between whether she is:

1. So lonely and desperate for chat she just wants to get in the middle of the bed and have a chat with us all, as proven by her weird live at the Apollo session here (thread 31?)

2. Panicked that her low effort / high return career is at risk because these threads rank so high on google, and brands or publishers can easily see all the content she’s gotten away with deleting, so wants to take us out?

I think if she was serious about 2, she wouldn’t have created Chaz (allegedly / apparently)? Maybe she genuinely wants to be part of the cabal, I don’t get it, it’s spooky. She should just make a fake account to hang out if she’s that way inclined, the poltergeist 👻

The pure shiiiiiiiiiine on those leggings is gonna lush HTRIA2019 over the chuffing edge
I actually feel so bad for being such a witch I’m so sorry guys, it’s only cos these are £££ high end (of Nike) trainers I wouldn’t be if they were hi techs I promise x

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I could wear an Armani suit and still look a scruffy git. I am too old to know about any trainer talk. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I could wear an Armani suit and still look a scruffy git. I am too old to know about any trainer talk. 😂
Babe, same. I just have to look at clothes to make them crumple and take on a sack like appearance.

I do love trainers though, but am more a Converse/Vans (preferably with nerdy designs on them) woman. My sister bought me my own customised Vans for my 40th birthday, I treasure them and wear them for special occasions. I am currently trying to decide whether these beauties are appropriate footwear for a woman in her early 40s.*

*Well, not really. More can I justify £60 on a pair of trainers at a financially precarious time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Babe, same. I just have to look at clothes to make them crumple and take on a sack like appearance.

I do love trainers though, but am more a Converse/Vans (preferably with nerdy designs on them) woman. My sister bought me my own customised Vans for my 40th birthday, I treasure them and wear them for special occasions. I am currently trying to decide whether these beauties are appropriate footwear for a woman in her early 40s.*

*Well, not really. More can I justify £60 on a pair of trainers at a financially precarious time.
The are absolutely appropriate!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I feel a bit the same, it makes me curl up a bit inside, but then I think that's what you get if you put your teenage angst stream of consciousness diary on Twitter.
I agree that it is a little harsh for Jack to read should she choose to seek this thread out, and we can only hope that she doesn’t / but if she does maybe it will make her think about what she puts out there - for her own sake.

Not to judge or take the honour away from acca, and the rules are to go with the suggestion with most reactions, and it has 56 likes at last count.

I also liked: ‘Chaz Hadjicostas is home’ by @lemonsweet91 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
This is so true. No matter what goes on in your life be true to yourself. You are what you are, you can change your clothes, your hair etc but you are you. No one else can be you and you can be no one else. Stop trying so hard to find validation by changing yourself. If people don't like you they don't like you, move on. There's plenty of work out there, loads of people everyday try the fame game and don't succeed it's not the end of the world.
Just sort your head out and hang out with your kid. In ten years time he will be off living his own life and you will yearn for this time back. Remember he is the most important person in your life. No one else will ever come close.
100%
Can't quote from the last thread, @heretoreaditall2019, but I saw this earlier. A close up of the DKL trainers 🤣 👇🏼

View attachment 190676
🤷‍♀️
maybe she got a job lot

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I agree that it is a little harsh for Jack to read should she choose to seek this thread out, and we can only hope that she doesn’t / but if she does maybe it will make her think about what she puts out there - for her own sake.

Not to judge or take the honour away from acca, and the rules are to go with the suggestion with most reactions, and it has 56 likes at last count.

I also liked: ‘Chaz Hadjicostas is home’ by @lemonsweet91 😂
Yeah it’s the fact she obviously reads here and will see this that bothers me. I’m slightly bothered by the snapping and sharing of something she quickly deleted as well (the grief essay) because who hasn’t thrown something out there and thought better of it. I’m always here for the goss though so perhaps I’m being hypocritical. I just think there are more solid grounds on which to base criticism and this title just feels a bit 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I agree that it is a little harsh for Jack to read should she choose to seek this thread out
I made the suggestion for the thread - and I totally see why some of you think it's harsh. I have some sympathy for Jack, because she's unhappy within, but she lies. And if you lie to people, it's hurtful and you are showing them no respect. The way she talks to people online - the aggression - is really bad. So, yes, it's harsh - and I'm sure some of you are warmer towards her than me - but she's a grown woman who has chosen to live online. She can't control everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Yeah it’s the fact she obviously reads here and will see this that bothers me. I’m slightly bothered by the snapping and sharing of something she quickly deleted as well (the grief essay) because who hasn’t thrown something out there and thought better of it. I’m always here for the goss though so perhaps I’m being hypocritical. I just think there are more solid grounds on which to base criticism and this title just feels a bit 😬
See I'm skeptical of that part, too. She's been sharing and quickly deleting stuff more than usual lately...almost like she wants it to get here so it makes Tattle look terrible.

The wig pics, the grief essay, all screams "I need content" to me, then she realises it's uhh.. embarrassing and deletes

Reactions: 31
I’ve really been finding the identity stuff interesting to read.

now before I say all this, please don’t think I’m a head- I keep all this to myself as a general rule but I have massive identity issues.

for me it manifests on getting a bit too into a certain culture or group but I don’t seem to be able to just have an interest in a bit of everything, I focus on one thing, follow a bunch of internet accounts, buy lots of things regarding it (as an example I’ve had weird times when I liked all things kawaii, other times when it’s all been instagram Parisienne fashion accounts where I only ate croissants and ratatouille and spent hours learning French on duolingo!). More recently it’s been biohacking of all things (?!). I think all of these things are really going to make me a better person and feel better.

for me i think it’s because I really don't know or like who I am (I’ve spoke about this in another thread recently so don’t want to be all me me me). But seeing it happening to someone else is eye opening to be honest!

• Heart
Reactions: 49
What irks me most about her is that she uses all her problems, past and present, not to highlight these issues, but for personal gain. She isn't interested how these things affect others, only how they affect her. Whenever she talks about poverty, it is all about her poverty. When she talks about MH, it is the way she suffer with her MH. Whenever she talks about the benefits system, she talks about the way it affected her. She has to be front and centre.

Even when she produced the Good food for bad days book, it is filled with anecdotes about her. I understand it is her career and she has to make a living from it, but why all the personal stuff that can easily be challenged as to its truth? Why not just say "here is a recipe for a mug cake that is easy to make when everything seems too much"? It is a self indulgent pity party that she expects people to pay to read. She is front and centre in everything she does. She only does something if it is beneficial for her in some way, financially, to feed her ego, get sympathy, or to raise her profile.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
I got my last pair of trainers from Joules. Shoot me now, cabal. I'm such a middle aged mum, it hurts.
you do you boo :ROFLMAO:

I mean I see people wearing jumpsuits and stuff and I think they look great but it's not me so I don't. It's just personal style and what you're comfortable in and I personally think if you are comfortable and happy then you look cool.

Reactions: 27
I’ve really been finding the identity stuff interesting to read.

now before I say all this, please don’t think I’m a head- I keep all this to myself as a general rule but I have massive identity issues.

for me it manifests on getting a bit too into a certain culture or group but I don’t seem to be able to just have an interest in a bit of everything, I focus on one thing, follow a bunch of internet accounts, buy lots of things regarding it (as an example I’ve had weird times when I liked all things kawaii, other times when it’s all been instagram Parisienne fashion accounts where I only ate croissants and ratatouille and spent hours learning French on duolingo!). More recently it’s been biohacking of all things (?!). I think all of these things are really going to make me a better person and feel better.

for me i think it’s because I really don't know or like who I am (I’ve spoke about this in another thread recently so don’t want to be all me me me). But seeing it happening to someone else is eye opening to be honest!
I deeply love this post and relate to a lot of it. I've settled a bit more into myself in very recent years, but the focusing on one thing rings massive bells for me.

Have to admit though, the bolded bit really made me smile. x

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.