Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Proof she’s a bloody con artist. I have a Patreon account for something else and so went on to look up Jack. Here are a couple of examples of what you get from her....
So the 'admin assistant' is also piss poor at her job then?

I used to know someone who used to use an assistant. What people didn't know is that this assistant didn't actually exist, but was always used when people were chasing up poor payment or crap service. It's just so awkward! Just be honest and do better, people are very forgiving when you're honest.

Reactions: 34
The Patreon thing is bizarre to me. She is so flaky on everything else, that I can't believe how she manages to still draw people into subsidising her lifestyle. Unbelievable.

Reactions: 27
[QUOTE="heretoreaditall2019, post: 1924023, member:

Whoever said she expected the keys to a house at 21 is so, so right.
[/QUOTE]
We don't know that she wasn't given it though. It's not uncommon for people to save for their kids'21st present. I never did but plenty i went to school with did.
I mean, no one got an actual house, but some got a couple of grand at 21

Maybe Jack's parents saved up for her? Again, not enough for an actual house but at least a bit to put towards a deposit or a car or something. Then, if she pissed it all away, she went to ask for more and the pot was empty.? She would have seen it as her parents turning against her which would explain a bit why she thinks she was in poverty and had 'no help' from her family.
She really does consider herself hard done by and cannot see that she is where she is because of her own actions (even though she is actually doing quite well for herself)
She is the ultimate spoilt brat.

(just an opinion m'lud)

Reactions: 25
Morning fraus.

So she's scarred by poverty forever and ever? Well yeah, it's a horrible experience.

Much, much worse for the people who don't have the background and connections to "bootstrap"🙄their way out of it though.

She really is the personification of the clueless nitwit in Pulp's "Common People"

Reactions: 30
Just found her ‘healthy on a bootstrap’ website where she was also had the begging bowl out, yet it seems to contain one recipe from 2018, a list of recommended books (including her own) and...that’s all? She really is such a piece of tit.
I’m curious- what researchers and contributors does she pay exactly, when on Patreon she’s asking people to pay HER for the privilege of helping her research and test her recipes???! 🤔

Reactions: 22

We don't know that she wasn't given it though. It's not uncommon for people to save for their kids'21st present. I never did but plenty i went to school with did.

Maybe Jack's parents saved up for her? Again, not enough for an actual house but at least a bit to put towards a deposit or a car or something. Then, if she pissed it all away, she went to ask for more and the pot was empty.? She would have seen it as her parents turning against her which would explain a bit why she thinks she was in poverty and had 'no help' from her family.
She really does consider herself hard done by and cannot see that she is where she is because of her own actions (even though she is actually doing quite well for herself)

(just an opinion m'lud)
[/QUOTE]

The fact they had the means to gift her a £4.5k watch at 21 would suggest they had put money aside for her throughout childhood. Obvs entirely speculation that, maybe they just really love the Omega brand so only splurged on that for her🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I’m curious- what researchers and contributors does she pay exactly, when on Patreon she’s asking people to pay HER for the privilege of helping her research and test her recipes???! 🤔
I’m sure they exist, much like her friends who read here and report back every word

Or it’s just her 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 14
Exactly, maybe some of those 27000 emails were some dearly beloved Patreons asking where their rewards are??

I know I can’t believe the gall of it 😳That’s without the tip jar she always has out 😡
Yup she also has paypal link which she used to Tweet a lot but seems to have stopped that since we started calling it out seeing as she was securing BBC tv slots and 5 figure brand partnerships. She's a bloody charlatan saying how poor she is if you compare to what is a probably relatively low median salary that her followers have. If she genuinely does have periods of low cash then she's not handling her finances properly and thats on her, not her followers to sort out.

Oh and demonitise your ghoulish kitten video, Jack. Also, I'd love to see physical evidence of the money she donated off the back of the BLM video. Seeing as she's said herself that her ADHD means she forgets to follow most things through, it's only fair to check and ask.
if she’s asking for money which says she will then be passed onto charity then does not that is a criminal offence, just like rattling a Samaritans pot in town then keeping the money would be

• Wow
Reactions: 26
I find it so astounding the amount of self pitying she puts on herself around having to rent (the very thought of it !) But has no problems wasting quite a lot of 💰 on things that could actually go towards a house deposit? She's just spent easily a grand and half on last two weeks. And the amount of things she's got in her house? Who the hell has enough stuff to fund a second kitchen for the shed or multiple bookcases?! Probably could have bought a place outright by now very easily.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I can't find the post I was going to quote but...

One of her brothers was mentioned a few years ago (I'm not reposting the photo). Maybe they fell out since, or he (and they) just want privacy.

Screenshot_20200725-111124.jpg

Reactions: 12
I find it so astounding the amount of self pitying she puts on herself around having to rent (the very thought of it !) But has no problems wasting quite a lot of 💰 on things that could actually go towards a house deposit? She's just spent easily a grand and half on last two weeks. And the amount of things she's got in her house? Who the hell has enough stuff to fund a second kitchen for the shed or multiple bookcases?! Probably could have bought a place outright by now very easily.
Totally agree it's astounding. If you tot up the amount of money spent on furniture, a new wardrobe in Edinburgh and holidays just in the last few months. And that's only the stuff we've been privy too. Of course a fridge may break and require replacing. But does it need replacing with a £3k SMEG fridge when a few weeks prior you were asking for donations via PayPal and Patreon because you'd lost revenue in pandemic? Do what the rest of us do trying to save for a deposit and get a nice spreadsheet going with ingoings and outgoings and be bloody strict!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
From the newsletter from her dad and brother's old school. When she sued KH ahe used her family as in how stressful and awful, with members of her family in the military, it was to be accused of vandalising a war memorial. As I have said before, people are just props in Jack's life, to use as fodder for whatever her latest drama is all about. In my opinion anyway!

Attachments

Reactions: 21
When I turned 21 I got some jewellery and taken away for the weekend. I was overjoyed. I had just lost my dad the year before a few days after my birthday. I hate how entitled people are....

• Heart
Reactions: 31
So the 'admin assistant' is also piss poor at her job then?

I used to know someone who used to use an assistant. What people didn't know is that this assistant didn't actually exist, but was always used when people were chasing up poor payment or crap service. It's just so awkward! Just be honest and do better, people are very forgiving when you're honest.
I think I read an article with Jack being interviewed and her admin assistant was in the next room, so fairly sure she exists.

But I think she is either very part time, or not very good at admin. Her job would have been pretty basic; managing mailboxes and Jack's diary, ordering stationery etc. maintaining databases, arranging mailouts and doing the post.

How long does it take to do a mailmerge and print some labels, ten minutes if you have to piss around with the labels? Instead envelopes are hand addressed and carried to the post office

Reactions: 20

(just an opinion m'lud)
[/QUOTE]
I think she thinks that if it hadn’t been for those pesky foster children, her parents would have bought her a house. Imagine that, her parents wanting to do good by children who have had a terrible start in life....

Just my opinion based on her (what I perceive to be glaring) resentment towards her mum, her passive aggressive comments and the (Five Guys) chip on her shoulder. Of course they may all agree that they shouldn’t be on SM - fair enough. I know someone whose mum fosters and they never show the faces of the children, but we know they exist.

• Heart
Do we think she also tops up her ‘living wage’ with benefits? Most 3 bed bungalows in TB seem to start at about £1400 per month to rent. Impossible to do on her ‘salary’!

Reactions: 4
Does anyone else follow Millitaylor on insta? (amazing chef). She just lost her dad and has posted a beautiful, heartfelt eulogy - not begging for sympathy or live streaming every moment of her grief. Contrast that to Jack losing the kitten she had had for 2 weeks which prompted days and days of chaotic melodramatic histrionics. She is such a child. Lots of the food blue tickers have commented on Milli's post, I wonder if Jack follows her?

Edit: yep she follows her - obvs can’t be bothered to comment though

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.