Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
JM acting as if she's such a massive fan of Taylor Swift - seems odd she's only just recently started following her, on both Twitter and Instagram. You can tell as TS is almost at the very top of her 'following' list.
She suddenly would’ve become a massive fan of The Wiggles if they’d released a breakup album, I swear :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 42
JM acting as if she's such a massive fan of Taylor Swift - seems odd she's only just recently started following her, on both Twitter and Instagram. You can tell as TS is almost at the very top of her 'following' list.
didn't TayTay record 'We are never ever getting back together'. One for Louisa's playlist.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Then the icing on the cake 👇🏻View attachment 191844View attachment 191845This is just 🙈, I can’t believe she still has this up there!! ‘Keep me ticking over’ “struggling to keep my head above water’ WTF with all her expensive items (Dyson, Cotswold furniture to name ONLY two)in the house and last minute weekend away to Edinburgh 😡
Plus the most recent update on the site is from April 2018 😳 She sure seems to take her Patreon followers for granted. She has over 190 current members 🤯
'keep my head above water' lying cow. When she set this up she had a fiance who is easily on £60k- £100k a year.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Falling down the Patreon rabbit hole here, but look at the wording of this. This is the benefits for the ‘creators’ who use the Patreon service. Using language like ‘chase down’ declined payments or expired cards, makes me feel uneasy, especially if it was toward a person who doesn’t have much money.
They also handle patreon’s questions, which must be nice for Jack if any of them are asking where their rewards etc are!?
I
9D9FE53C-B616-458A-A28B-ABF232DA4CA6.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
She should put her adverts on UK Gold during the day. ‘This is little Jackie. Little Jackie doesn’t know where her next mouthful of chicken porridge will come from. Worrying that you might have to sell your Cotswold company dressers because all the work has dried up like a horse spunk lasagne is no life to live. Just £5 a month will ensure that little Jackie has a lifetime supply of chicken porridge. Please give generously, for the price of a lukewarm cup of Starbucks’ coffee you too could make a difference’.

Your honour, I am fully aware that little Jackie does not have an advert on UK Gold, just an idea, m’lud.

ETA: remove autocorrect of horse spunk to ‘horse spunky’.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
I found out today that jack has four siblings. She doesn't even mention them on SM, so odd. Do they just not get on with jack and her drama?
The only one she mentions is her Black adopted brother, when she is pontificating on race issues.

• Angry
Reactions: 30
She should put her adverts on UK Gold during the day. ‘This is little Jackie. Little Jackie doesn’t know where her next mouthful of chicken porridge will come from. Worrying that you might have to sell your Cotswold company dressers because all the work has dried up like a horse spunklasagne is no life to live. Just £5 a month will ensure that little Jackie has a lifetime supply of chicken porridge. Please give generously, for the price of a lukewarm cup of Starbucks’ coffee you too could make a difference’.

Your honour, I am fully aware that little Jackie does not have an advert on UK Gold, just an idea, m’lud.

ETA: remove autocorrect of horse spunk to ‘horse spunky’.
Love this 😂🤣👏👏👏

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This thread has made me finally give up the Patreon account I have with a writer who hardly posts. (Thanks Jack!)

I'll celebrate with three Greggs (vegan) sausage rolls.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
This has blown my mind the most. I’ve followed her for about 8 years now on various forms of SM over the years and never ever once in my memory has she mentioned A single one of those 3 (3?!) siblings.

Ok if there was 1 or 2 it might make sense maybe that they just weren’t that close, but 3 and she doesn’t spend time with a single one of them enough to mention?
She was asked (i think on the Giovanna Fletcher podcast) about Yannis, her brother. He's done very well for himself and all she could say was that they were close when they were little. Nothing more, just one snarky sentence.
When BLM was at it's peak she suddenly remembered she had a mixed race foster brother and tweeted that he was coming over for a haircut (because she's obviously a skilled hairdresser despite never mentioning it before)
People tweeted, very politely, that he shouldn't because she said she was shielding because she's immunocomprimised. She went into one of her frenzies. She suddenly wasn't shielding and she never said she was (she did say it and she's a liar) and everyone was RACIST AND YOU ARE ALL SO ABUSIVE and she would fight for 'that boy with the fire of a thousand suns and nothing you racist people can say otherwise'
It was one of her arguements with thin air that she has on Twitter (see DW and JO and apparently some weightloss app) She rants and raves and absolutely no one responds. She then starts to crow about how she is 'winning' and 'she won't be intimidated' and all the sycophants big her up and start a pile on onto whoever Jack deems to be her enemy at that time.
Then she deletes it and it is never mentioned again

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
It’s extremely hard to believe that she’s consistently rewarding her Patreons all they signed up for, in a timely manner. Basing that on the fact she did not send out Royal Mail lost so many of her books and she was not communicating with the people reaching out to ask where they were. Plus her whole ‘couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery’ vibe

There must be some sort of complaints system if you don’t get what you’re paying for? I wonder if any of her Patreons have attempted to complain, or if they’re too scared /guilt tripped to. I only support one project on there (Athletico Mince - one for the Bob Mortimer fans) but the creators are taking a break and have paused everyone’s subscriptions in the interest of being fair. Can’t imagine Jack ever doing that

Reactions: 33
Does she not understand that free content is a huge part of marketing?
My favourite was she had FREE recipes in her bio as if that was her USP when THAT MAN, Delia, Nigella, Bosh and thousands of culinary content creators also do this 😂 You're supposed to look at marketing like a funnel and free content is the engagement stuff that goes on at the top of the funnel when you start drawing potential customers in. Even if she dropped the "I do it out of the goodness of my hesrt schtick", in this day and age free content is a prerequisite tbh.

Totally agree with your comments on Patreon too... my partner subscribes to a musicians accounts and has access to live shows, exclusive music videos. Especially in light of covid, Patreon can be an incredible source or income for creatives when used properly. Another wasted opp for our R Jackie.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I think she wheeled out her RAF officer brother in the Katie Hopkins thing. You know, along with all the other misty eyed rhetoric about the armed forces.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
My favourite was she had FREE recipes in her bio as if that was her USP when THAT MAN, Delia, Nigella, Bosh and thousands of culinary content creators also do this 😂 You're supposed to look at marketing like a funnel and free content is the engagement stuff that goes on at the top of the funnel when you start drawing potential customers in. Even if she dropped the "I do it out of the goodness of my hesrt schtick", in this day and age free content is a prerequisite tbh.

Totally agree with your comments on Patreon too... my partner subscribes to a musicians accounts and has access to live shows, exclusive music videos. Especially in light of covid, Patreon can be an incredible source or income for creatives when used properly. Another wasted opp for our R Jackie.
Completely agree that Patreon, when used correctly is a good thing. Patronising the arts is age old and I think it’s great for people to support those using it properly, especially at the moment because Covid is having such an impact on the creative sector.
Jack is purely taking the piss with it and as you say is wasting an opportunity to connect with her fans and give them real content for their money. Yet again if she focused her energies more instead of spending her life of social media, she could utilise Patreon more effectively both for herself and the fans. It’d be hard to criticise if there was great content, rewards and engagement.

Reactions: 27
Spotted a random kettlebell by the chair

Just why?!
The kettlebell is holding the CD/book shelf in place to stop it tipping over.

The Patreon stuff is terrible. I think the fact she hasn't posted on it since 2018, and the 4 postcards a month thing, just about proves everyone is paying the lowest tier. No way is she sending out cards every month. We'd know if she was.

And there's absolutely no doubt *some* of the people giving her money for duck ALL every month have actually forgotten they're doing it.

And yes, Jack, they are all Pity Patreons. Stop taking advantage of those people. Close your Patreon and go and clean your very expensive Smeg fridge.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Here it is, her justification for Patreon straight from Jackie’s mouth on her infamous appearance on thread #31 She admits she’s not poor anymore, no tit Sherlock, but states as she’s not ‘financially secure‘ erm most fecking people aren’t FFS😡 and we ALL know there’s no magic pot as we all go out and earn a living, knowing that we’ll never be financially secure, because unless you win the bloody lottery (or I suppose have a Patreon account😉) people don’t ever really feel financially secure. Her middle class values shining out here!View attachment 191878
This is SO ridiculous? No one has financial security unless you’re lucky enough to be born into a family with a plethora of wealth that can confer that to you, like Jackie....... Like she takes absolutely no responsibility for herself? Save up an emergency fund that covers 6 months of outgoings & close your bleeping Patreon. Like every other comfortable middle class person in this country does?! I’d suggest an emergency fund takes priority over nice home bits tbh 🥴

The thing that drives me mad is how entitled she is?! When we were buying this house our only expense was... the house. Even now my biggest expense is... the house (until end of next week when phase 2 is done wohooo). We have nice stuff but that all came after we were in and secured our bases, eg after we’d bought all the white goods / boiler’s been serviced / security system installed. Does she expect all of these things to just fall in her lap?!

Whoever said she expected the keys to a house at 21 is so, so right.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Proof she’s a bloody con artist. I have a Patreon account for something else and so went on to look up Jack. Here are a couple of examples of what you get from her....
This is outrageous. She has no moral backbone at all. Taking money and not delivering, yet again. And people still apologising for asking for what they’re entitled to 🤯

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
I have to say, I’d never seen the infamous sideboard shots before they were reposted in this thread.

Blimey. I have no words. Actually I do, but I’ve applied my filter to them.

They seriously smack of someone trying to convince themselves that they look good. I wonder if it was just after she ‘Made in England’ed herself. I also wonder if she really regretted doing it and that teamed with the weight loss etc - cue some ‘still sexy’ photos.

Her eyes looks seriously dead in them as well. She’s a genuinely unhappy chick. I really hope she sorts herself out soon.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.