Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t believe she’s a Tory plant but she’d make a bloody good one. Imagine the field day the ‘you could afford a house if only you stopped buying takeaway coffees and meal deals, you wasteful millennial’ brigade would have with her!
Being as she was going to stand for Labour locally (I think) and shes all about supporting and helping the poorest insociety, I was surprised to see her getting misty eyed over Boris being in hospital if when he had Covid.
jack boris.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Three words: The Gaily Mail

In hindsight that gaily mail thing was clearly a message to Louisa as it was around the time they broke up: Louisa works in ‘serious’ news so Jack of course tried to set up something to rival that...didn’t she literally say she set it up in response to all the negativity of the news? She is so pathetic it makes me physically cringe!
TGM was originally started in 2017, then abandoned and restarted recently x

Reactions: 14
From the newsletter from her dad and brother's old school. When she sued KH ahe used her family as in how stressful and awful, with members of her family in the military, it was to be accused of vandalising a war memorial. As I have said before, people are just props in Jack's life, to use as fodder for whatever her latest drama is all about. In my opinion anyway!
I will bet a million pounds that a man who refers to his kid's school teachers as "masters" and puts every single qualification and honorific he has after his name was not driving Jack to school in a white transit van, as she claimed.

I do wonder about Jack's admin assistant but I strongly suspect that, as a narc and a neurotic one at that, Jack insists that she maintains control over stuff like postage even though she's tit at it. I had a boss like this for a year or so: she wouldn't even let me contact clients who I was account manager for, so I literally just sat and twiddled my thumbs all day until she resigned and it turned out she hadn't been in contact with them either so everything was in chaos. Given Jack's "concerns" over money it would really make sense for her to try to get some actual value out of the woman she's paying a salary to, rather than just using her as a human shield against angry folk from Kickstarter.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
As an assistant, in many ways you’re only as good as the person you’re assisting unless you’re really good at “managing” them. Purely speculation (but based on how I’ve seen the assistants of people with similar tendencies) IMHO corralling a person who is working at 100mph in a scattered fashion like Jack is incredibly difficult. You’d start doing a task in one way and she’d say you have to do it her way. She’d change her mind on stuff. You’d be the last to know about things. Constant crisis mode. Unless you are really good at handling that, you’ll just go for the path of least resistance and do what she says.
Anyway, as I was just browsing the thread, I did have a little chuckle at this ad:
04329F33-8499-428D-B15A-B97E6A7C1B4A.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Is she seriously asking people to pay her so they can help her with recipe ideas? Am I reading this right? You get the honour of fixing one of her slop recipes and have to pay for it????

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Is she seriously asking people to pay her so they can help her with recipe ideas? Am I reading this right? You get the honour of fixing one of her slop recipes and have to pay for it????
And if she uses your recipe she will personally - not publicly- thank you?! What an honour, to be thanked by St Monroe for doing her work for her.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
And if she uses your recipe she will personally - not publicly- thank you?! What an honour, to be thanked by St Monroe for doing her work for her.
yeah. Basically that's it. Apparently this is completely legal. Such a blatant scam/con is 100% legal

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
And the food has to be bought, out of their own money before it’s turned into slop and binned. How wasteful is that ? To think some folks are actually doing this...words fail me.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I haven’t been commenting much lately (I’ve been BUSY), but catching up when I can. The Patreon shizzle, just, WOW. Speechless. She is a grade A greedy, entitled twit. And that’s me being polite.

Jack, in response to your question - am I awful and nobody has ever told me? - the answer is, of course, YES, ABSOLUTELY.

Check your bleeping privilege.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I truly think deep down she is just absolutely rotten - has she ever done anything to suggest she actually cares about other people? Other than righteous performative anger?

Reactions: 33
That Patreon thing is pretty dispicable, and I am being kind. Taking money off those who probably can least afford it to allow Jack the grifter to lead her luxury lifestyle. One day Jack, you will need to answer to a higher power, whatever it may be, and no porkie will save you.

Reactions: 24
Jack is definitely planning something with this delete-a-thon. Does anyone else think she's going for a total rebrand and will come back as Melissa Hadjicostas, everything will be greek/Cyprus themed, she'll have heartwrenching stories of finding her identity in the chaos of her pain? She'll keep the Jack Monroe stuff on the side cos obv it's a nice little earner, saying she can't turn her back on her needy followers, but she probably realises her poverty 'niche' is over - there are way too many of us now pointing out the lies.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
[QUOTE="heretoreaditall2019, post: 1924023, member:

Whoever said she expected the keys to a house at 21 is so, so right.
We don't know that she wasn't given it though. It's not uncommon for people to save for their kids'21st present. I never did but plenty i went to school with did.
I mean, no one got an actual house, but some got a couple of grand at 21

Maybe Jack's parents saved up for her? Again, not enough for an actual house but at least a bit to put towards a deposit or a car or something. Then, if she pissed it all away, she went to ask for more and the pot was empty.? She would have seen it as her parents turning against her which would explain a bit why she thinks she was in poverty and had 'no help' from her family.
She really does consider herself hard done by and cannot see that she is where she is because of her own actions (even though she is actually doing quite well for herself)
She is the ultimate spoilt brat.

(just an opinion m'lud)
[/QUOTE]
Didn’t she get the mega expensive watch for her 21st?

Reactions: 10
And the food has to be bought, out of their own money before it’s turned into slop and binned. How wasteful is that ? To think some folks are actually doing this...words fail me.
yeah. Basically that's it. Apparently this is completely legal. Such a blatant scam/con is 100% legal
She really is a lazy piece of tit isn't she "pay me money and you can do all of the work" 😒

The wasting food thing doesn't bother her at all does it! She spent her entire Edinburgh adventure in a Sainsbury's local buying up all the yellow sticker items to make huge portions that she just didn't eat?!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Thread suggestion:

Jack Monroe #53 - I grift the mortgaged, I often grift the renters too; It gives them a sense of enormous well-being (Jacklife)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Jack is definitely planning something with this delete-a-thon. Does anyone else think she's going for a total rebrand and will come back as Melissa Hadjicostas, everything will be greek/Cyprus themed, she'll have heartwrenching stories of finding her identity in the chaos of her pain? She'll keep the Jack Monroe stuff on the side cos obv it's a nice little earner, saying she can't turn her back on her needy followers, but she probably realises her poverty 'niche' is over - there are way too many of us now pointing out the lies.
The identities are proliferating. No doubt she will need another email account or two (bringing the total to 11?) .

The dens and nooks are proliferating too! Again I'm sure I read that post about creating a reading nook verbatim a year back. Or was it a writing nook?

All I know is rearranging the furniture/painting a shed/ moving to Edinburgh for 72 hours ain't gonna help.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Has she always had an agent from United Agents? Looks like she has a "presenting" agent representing her from the email address on her Twitter prof.

ETA: looks like she's been with her for a while she's also Allegra's agent... And Jack's bio has not been updated for v long time.

She deffo trying to get presenting gigs though.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Being as she was going to stand for Labour locally (I think) and shes all about supporting and helping the poorest insociety, I was surprised to see her getting misty eyed over Boris being in hospital if when he had Covid. View attachment 191961
One of my fondest childhood memories is my Dad playing "Here Comes the Sun" on his deck (which we weren't allowed to touch). This has kinda spoilt it for me.

Tbf that isn't really Jack's fault but as a so called poverty campaigner it seems a bit of an odd stance to be boo hoo hooing for the current PM.

Reactions: 15
I also cynically wonder whether this is Jack's solution to the problem that Tattle threads are pretty high up the search engine hierarchy... A slew of articles about her changing her name back might push Tattle results back a couple of pages.

Of course, this would be a temporary measure because we're irrepressible and we'll just add her new (old) name to all forthcoming thread titles and they'll creep back up the results as she continues her inevitable bullshit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
She wouldn’t qualify, and if she was fraudulently claiming they would be on to her straight away because she posts the evidence of her wealth

I think even claiming to still be on benefits would be a step too far for JM. Surely no one would believe that?
I don't believe that she pays any rent. I reckon the house is part of her family's property/restaurant portfolio. I'd love to find out.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.