Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cannot get passed this Patreon thing. No one (unless you’re Royalty or mega rich) is financially secure.
Why is it allowed? Not just for her mind. There are others.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I imagine that a lot of the people subscribing to patreon are sycophantic enough to be like the Superfan person and tip toe round her. 'I'm so sorry, I know you're so busy, but I was just wondering when you might be able to send some of those postcards as I haven't had any yet. No worries if you aren't up to it though, I can wait!'

I said a few threads back that I had a really bad time a few years ago when I was doing poorly paid, short contract work trying to break into an industry and it really screwed with my mental health and I worry a lot about ending up in such a situation again. But what I've done about that is access counselling and religiously save to make sure if something does happen, then I have a cushion. Not fleece and guilt trip my friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Totally agree it's astounding. If you tot up the amount of money spent on furniture, a new wardrobe in Edinburgh and holidays just in the last few months. And that's only the stuff we've been privy too. Of course a fridge may break and require replacing. But does it need replacing with a £3k SMEG fridge when a few weeks prior you were asking for donations via PayPal and Patreon because you'd lost revenue in pandemic? Do what the rest of us do trying to save for a deposit and get a nice spreadsheet going with ingoings and outgoings and be bloody strict!
I don’t believe she’s a Tory plant but she’d make a bloody good one. Imagine the field day the ‘you could afford a house if only you stopped buying takeaway coffees and meal deals, you wasteful millennial’ brigade would have with her!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Do we think she also tops up her ‘living wage’ with benefits? Most 3 bed bungalows in TB seem to start at about £1400 per month to rent. Impossible to do on her ‘salary’!
She wouldn’t qualify, and if she was fraudulently claiming they would be on to her straight away because she posts the evidence of her wealth

I think even claiming to still be on benefits would be a step too far for JM. Surely no one would believe that?

Reactions: 13
I think I read an article with Jack being interviewed and her admin assistant was in the next room, so fairly sure she exists.

But I think she is either very part time, or not very good at admin. Her job would have been pretty basic; managing mailboxes and Jack's diary, ordering stationery etc. maintaining databases, arranging mailouts and doing the post.

How long does it take to do a mailmerge and print some labels, ten minutes if you have to piss around with the labels? Instead envelopes are hand addressed and carried to the post office
Ah right! Odd that for someone who's very photo heavy on social media I haven't seen any Caroline pictures.....even a back of head shot, or lurking in the background, etc 😆
However, if you're struggling financially but paying an assistant who's organisation skills were just as bad as yours wouldn't you question their ability, and whether you can really justify the cost. Certainly if they were crap 2 years ago why would you still be employing them?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
That Patreon thing. Boy. She is bleeping scum, mate. Not financially secure? Are you taking the piss? Most people arent, you bleeping clown.

She is a middle class, spoilt, self entitled little runt who is insanely blind to her privilege.

That has fucked me off so much. How can anyone be so bleeping insensitive yet act like a saviour!? YOU ARE NOT A WHITE KNIGHT FOR THE POOR. duck off. bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Just found her ‘healthy on a bootstrap’ website where she was also had the begging bowl out, yet it seems to contain one recipe from 2018, a list of recommended books (including her own) and...that’s all? She really is such a piece of tit.
That’s typical. She can’t stick at anything. How many 5-minute projects has she had since lockdown? All uncompleted and forgotten.

Reactions: 18
Do we think she also tops up her ‘living wage’ with benefits? Most 3 bed bungalows in TB seem to start at about £1400 per month to rent. Impossible to do on her ‘salary’!
I'd reckon it's probably a little cheaper if it needs a bit of updating, it does look a little dated. Still not crappy though, by most people's definition of crappy!

Reactions: 9
To be fair any good accountant would encourage you to expense anything relevant to your business and ensure you pay minimum tax and make maximum profit...but begging (from those not at such an advantage) on the back of that when you are clearly in a position privileged enough to expense such things and live so comfortably now but still KNOWING what it's like for those still in poverty is really quite awful.
She doesn’t know what it’s like being in poverty. We know she is a compulsive liar. I would guess that her siblings are furious at her “barefoot & starving” attention seeking story that makes her parents & extended family look like monsters.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
That’s typical. She can’t stick at anything. How many 5-minute projects has she had since lockdown? All uncompleted and forgotten.
Three words: The Gaily Mail

In hindsight that gaily mail thing was clearly a message to Louisa as it was around the time they broke up: Louisa works in ‘serious’ news so Jack of course tried to set up something to rival that...didn’t she literally say she set it up in response to all the negativity of the news? She is so pathetic it makes me physically cringe!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Noooo, not a chance. Most self employed take minimum/living wage and top up the rest with dividends which is all above board and allowed. She’ll almost certainly be doing that, as well as putting ££ goods through the company as an allowable expense (cameras, tech, fridges) which again is 100% allowable! If she was just on the living wage that Hellman’s money would last half the year...

When we were looking for an accountant we met with a real.... array.... of the market, some of them were SO dodgy I was legit scared being there!! But even the nutters proposing illegal ways to minimise ur tax liabilities weren’t suggesting benefits fraud 😂

She wouldn’t qualify, and if she was fraudulently claiming they would be on to her straight away because she posts the evidence of her wealth

I think even claiming to still be on benefits would be a step too far for JM. Surely no one would believe that?
The Local housing allowance is around £800 per month, so she'd still have a huge shortfall to make up. I suspect that Louisa, if her name was on the tenancy, has been or is still paying towards the rent. If the rent doesn't get paid, and Louisa's name is on the tenancy agreement it will be her that come after.

Reactions: 11
That Patrron is just so bad. People wouldn't mind her making money from shows, online (Patreon)content, books and speaking events if it wasn't for the constant 'I'm scraping by in my crappy bungalow, here's a link to my tip jar' chat.

Reactions: 19
Here it is, her justification for Patreon straight from Jackie’s mouth on her infamous appearance on thread #31 She admits she’s not poor anymore, no tit Sherlock, but states as she’s not ‘financially secure‘ erm most fecking people aren’t FFS😡 and we ALL know there’s no magic pot as we all go out and earn a living, knowing that we’ll never be financially secure, because unless you win the bloody lottery (or I suppose have a Patreon account😉) people don’t ever really feel financially secure. Her middle class values shining out here!View attachment 191878
The last couple of sentences are just complete *eyeroll* for me. "My experiences of poverty" - well, Jack, some people were actually brought up in poverty, ya know, years and years of it from which they will never escape, it's not really comparable to your wee stint on the phone to housing benefits which lasted maybe 18 months and which you'll use as an excuse for the rest of your life as to why you think it's fair to hoard your own money (much of which you get on the back of those very people) in case of a rainy day.
Proof she’s a bloody con artist. I have a Patreon account for something else and so went on to look up Jack. Here are a couple of examples of what you get from her....
didn’t even know about this 60000k she got for no product ?!!? This just gets worse ! I joined recently here after slowly becoming aware of Jacks manipulative attention seeking over the last 18months or had no idea about all this other stuff how it’s been going on years ! It’s shocking and infuriating, she literally is a con artist🤬

Reactions: 28
Thread title suggestion - No more grieving, twitter use decreasing, leaving us with a great sense of wellbeing

Last edited:
  • Haha
Googled a little more on her Patreon. Surprise, surprise her monthly revenue is hidden, but is approximated between £200-1500 a month 😳 We can see how much her subscribers shot up around lockdown time when she had the begging bowl out (plus PayPal tip jar 🤯)

She’s lost a few this past month, however I bet she picks up some more after her MH / relationship / Kitty crisis Twitter posts and re-posting the Patreon link 😡
88CA715B-D521-46B0-A269-2ADB9FC4A488.jpeg
57A9EADA-64EC-49C2-8908-703B2930555E.jpeg
7662638B-28C1-45DC-9A41-061ED46D7D1C.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
Ah right! Odd that for someone who's very photo heavy on social media I haven't seen any Caroline pictures.....even a back of head shot, or lurking in the background, etc 😆
However, if you're struggling financially but paying an assistant who's organisation skills were just as bad as yours wouldn't you question their ability, and whether you can really justify the cost. Certainly if they were crap 2 years ago why would you still be employing them?
It's certainly a mystery. I think she said that Caroline was a longstanding friend.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.