Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would love to know if people really receive this each month or if anyone has subbed and forgotten all about it.
Ha! There is NO way she is posting all this out monthly. I’d bet my (rented) house on it.

Reactions: 29
Then the icing on the cake 👇🏻View attachment 191844View attachment 191845This is just 🙈, I can’t believe she still has this up there!!!
Plus the most recent update on the site is from April 2018 😳 She sure seems to take her Patreon followers for granted. She has over 190 current members 🤯
That is nothing but pure piss taking. Even at the most basic $4x190, you're looking at $760 per month, which is about £594. Poor my bleeping bollocks. Lying, horrible witch

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Also, we know Jack's mail service, and there's absolutely no way people are receiving even one postcard per month on the regular.
Exactly, maybe some of those 27000 emails were some dearly beloved Patreons asking where their rewards are??

That is nothing but pure piss taking. Even at the most basic $4x190, you're looking at $760 per month, which is about £594. Poor my bleeping bollocks. Lying, horrible witch
I know I can’t believe the gall of it 😳That’s without the tip jar she always has out 😡

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Exactly, maybe some of those 27000 emails were some dearly beloved Patreons asking where their rewards are??
And maybe some of them were these poor people Jack claims are emailing her for suggestions (bung it in a curry), which the people who give her money are meant to be paying her to answer.

• Angry
Reactions: 29
I remember Jack commented in her appearance here, that MAYBE she need to update Patreon (doesn’t look like it’s been touched since April 2018!) Clearly despite the money rolling in she’s not bothered one iota to update anything. I suppose if it ain’t broke don’t fix it? It shows such contempt for those who contribute to keeping her ‘larder’ full, or head above the bleeping water 😡🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 38
Personally I think the extra ways in which she asks for money is shocking. I don't think seen any other cooks doing it. Does she never not think of filling her boots.
If her books and other cooking stuff isn't bringing her in enough money to live on so to speak. She should really be looking at a regular partime job. Not asking people for money for a picture of soup.

Also I'd would say it's awful of her, but in actual thought it's her followers that are the silly ones. Why buy into to such rubbish. Who actually wants a picture of someone elses cooking? Seems like people are keen to party with the hard earned cash if they are willing to throw it away to fund someone else's lifestyle.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

I know I can’t believe the gall of it 😳That’s without the tip jar she always has out 😡
Hang on I thought the ‘tip jar’ was parlance another term for her Patreon account?! She has another beg bowl on top of that?!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
So I had a day at the beach (deserted middle of nowhere!), I’ve missed the great au revoir by the look of it and also the mass D E L E T E

For triangulation purposes I’m a size 10 left foot and a size 6 right foot, and I wear Peppa Pig wellies all year round!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Hang on I thought the ‘tip jar’ was parlance another term for her Patreon account?! She has another beg bowl on top of that?!
Yup she also has paypal link which she used to Tweet a lot but seems to have stopped that since we started calling it out seeing as she was securing BBC tv slots and 5 figure brand partnerships. She's a bloody charlatan saying how poor she is if you compare to what is a probably relatively low median salary that her followers have. If she genuinely does have periods of low cash then she's not handling her finances properly and thats on her, not her followers to sort out.

Oh and demonitise your ghoulish kitten video, Jack. Also, I'd love to see physical evidence of the money she donated off the back of the BLM video. Seeing as she's said herself that her ADHD means she forgets to follow most things through, it's only fair to check and ask.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I'm reluctant to go down a Patreon rabbit hole as I was aiming for a relaxing day 😆
However, a quick look tells me that most people are at least putting regular content on there, so it's something I suppose. Yet on a bootstrap hasn't posted anything on there since April 2018?? So does that mean all of her patreons have literally received Jack tit for paying into the pot?

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
Going back a bit but it irritates me how people go on about other cultures being all about family round the table eating as if all Brits do is eat tv dinners without speaking. Especially people who are doing it like Jack to centre themselves within the other culture to point out how much more family centric and sophisticated they are. It’s almost as if Christmas, Easter, weddings, birthdays, mother’s day, father’s day, barbecues, picnics etc don’t exist in this country.
This is an excellent point! Thank you for posting this

Reactions: 18
I know! Mind blown when I discovered she has siblings yet never ever mentions them.
This has blown my mind the most. I’ve followed her for about 8 years now on various forms of SM over the years and never ever once in my memory has she mentioned A single one of those 3 (3?!) siblings.

Ok if there was 1 or 2 it might make sense maybe that they just weren’t that close, but 3 and she doesn’t spend time with a single one of them enough to mention?

Reactions: 19
I'm reluctant to go down a Patreon rabbit hole as I was aiming for a relaxing day 😆
However, a quick look tells me that most people are at least putting regular content on there, so it's something I suppose. Yet on a bootstrap hasn't posted anything on there since April 2018?? So does that mean all of her patreons have literally received Jack tit for paying into the pot?
Unless she's been sending out the postcards without updates. Which seems very odd if so and to me that seems (speculation) unlikely. I still can't over the fact people are paying to do her recipe testing (if this even happens)... its usually the other way around love!

Although interesting point, when I used to follow her I remember thinking in a run up to a book she'd be testing/constructing about 8 recipes a day and it all seemed a little rushed? If they're being rapidly put together and not repeatedly tested that would explain why so many of them don't work or need tweaking. I don't know much about publishing though - would her publishers check on her behalf? And I suppose people like JO probably do have a team putting theirs together... which a smaller author wouldn't. But then lots of smaller author's first books (eg Meera Sodha) have recipes which I've never had to alter and work amazingly well?

Reactions: 21
Unless she's been sending out the postcards without updates. Which seems very odd if so and to me that seems (speculation) unlikely. I still can't over the fact people are paying to do her recipe testing (if this even happens)... its usually the other way around love!

Although interesting point, when I used to follow her I remember thinking in a run up to a book she'd be testing/constructing about 8 recipes a day and it all seemed a little rushed? If they're being rapidly put together and not repeatedly tested that would explain why so many of them don't work or need tweaking. I don't know much about publishing though - would her publishers check on her behalf? And I suppose people like JO probably do have a team putting theirs together... which a smaller author wouldn't. But then lots of smaller author's first books (eg Meera Sodha) have recipes which I've never had to alter and work amazingly well?
Quite possibly. But I thought you became a Patreon and at least got something back? I don't really have a clue, as I didn't know it existed until recently.

You'd assume someone who creates a recipe has actually practiced it enough until it works. Obviously not the case! I'm guessing the first few books were more about the 'story' than the actual recipes.

Reactions: 20
M
This has blown my mind the most. I’ve followed her for about 8 years now on various forms of SM over the years and never ever once in my memory has she mentioned A single one of those 3 (3?!) siblings.

Ok if there was 1 or 2 it might make sense maybe that they just weren’t that close, but 3 and she doesn’t spend time with a single one of them enough to mention?
They have probably asked her not to. I think two are her adoptive siblings and much younger than her, and there is a birth brother who has a real job.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.