Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
once again....crappy BUNGALOW?!! let us discuss.....

Bungalow....means no upstairs. So no upstairs landing? I know you can have an extension/conversion to a bungalow to put a couple of bedrooms in, but surely to God you would stop referring to your house as a bungalow? BECAUSE IT NOW HAS AN UPSTAIRS YOU INSUFFERABLE bleep

also...Room on the landing for a chair and a library? A bleeping library?!!!! I live in a non-bungalow everyday 3 bed semi and there isn't room on the landing for the dirty clothes my children discard on a daily basis let alone a bookshelf and some hipster bastard chair.

Argh. She is boiling my piss big time tonight. Probably because of my earlier posts triggering a lot of angst and tears (i zoomed my therapist and feel better )

Also, I have had some wine....
Even if the upstairs landing is big enough for a reading nook doesn't mean it's actually there. Plenty of corners in a 3 bed bungalow if you include the living room, dining room and downstairs hallway🤷‍♀️ We'll just wait for the announcement of a ballroom:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
For fux sake...her Instastories are gonna take a beating from now on as she tries not to post on Twitter. Even as I suggested this was what was gonna happen an hour ago I thought she'd at least leave it til tomorrow. Ohh, look what I'm doing, look what I'm reading, give me suggestions. She's unhelpable guys, sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
This is what annoys me she’s so triggering with her bollocks, hope you’re ok MooBelle 💜
mate @Shesaidwhat? I'm ok thank you x . Raging, but ok! Mr Moo is here and we are planning a bbq for tomorrow so I'm happy. St Jack of Monroe is the queen of triggering. As i said, i zoomed my therapist today and feel good xx

Also, as aforesaid, I've had some wine!
this is why i love this place x The Fraus keep a check in one another
❤❤❤❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I bought a pair of Irregular Choice Miaow boots to wear with my coated black skinny jeans last year. They’ve not been out of the box since New Year’s Eve 😔 I normally wear New Look trainers but am currently sporting a pair of multi-coloured Rocket Dogs which I got half price during lockdown. I want DMs to the point of going to the shop in Brighton last year but the wearing in malarkey puts me off - I have easily blistered feet!
I’m 55, most of my friends are late 40s to mid 50s and Converse and Vans are the general footwear of choice.
I had these boots but sadly they were the most uncomfortable things I've ever put on my feet! They languished in the box for a couple years then I gave them away 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Going back a few pages but back to shoe talk- if I wear a size 42 in DMs and Clarks shoes, what size for Irregular Choice and Hot Chocolate would I be?
Hot chocolate you use their size chart, and it's best to measure your feet, in a 42 normally, and a 40 in hot chocolates.

IC can be very varied, I usually get a 42, the best things is to join an IC group on fb and all about the fit of shoes that you're interested in

Reactions: 4
Her mum's reply as well though about watching her friend's funeral and feeling sad....it just strikes me as so odd. Unless Jack ignores her messages like she does emails. Everything about it just seems so... odd and off.
I think her mum sufferers with arthritis (that's what she asked money for for her birthday), and is maybe in pain and pretty immobile. Maybe it's the only way to get to speak to her

It is plain weird. Not something normal people would post.

A very good friend of mine lost her 4-month-old baby a month ago and today was the cremation. Just a handful of people and can guarantee there will no social posting over such a tragic and sad event.

Do you use oregano in your Greek salad?
Until recently our crematorium wasn't allowing any mourners, and everyone who wanted to go had to watch it via live stream so it doesn't seem odd to me

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was having a read of the Conspiracy Theory thread earlier when I noticed some buzzwords....
6FD883BB-410D-42A1-A91A-65266EC4B702.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I think she has got professional advice to 'curate' her Twitter feed. Perhaps it will help her find more work, stability and happiness.
Agreed completely. Think it’s a brilliant idea tbh, completely reset the clock and use social media in a healthy way for her and an actually professional / lucrative way. She should be cleaning up on aff links but she’s too busy beefing!

I hope she’s paying someone to help else we’ll all be back here again Monday with another bleeping thot shot to analyse 😩 I’ll swap her a script that mass deletes tweets for a confessional piece on class cosplaying in the guardian x

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Argh why does she describe her house as crappy? Its bleeping gorgeous and massive to boot!
On the heritage thing (I know I'm behind), a lot of people can take comfort from who their are, their roots, cultural practises and so on. Jack is damned lucky and should appreciate what she has got from both sides. I have a friend who was adopted at birth and she has none of that. She told me she has always felt something is missing through not knowing her parents and where they came from. It is really sad :( My own household is mixed heritage, largely Celtic and Norse and we think it is great because it means double the celebrations especially in winter. But it also means our kids have a more diverse upbringing and a bilingual one at that. Jack should embrace it, accept it and enjoy it, not try to stifle it or try on different hats as it were. Ironically she is the absolute spit of her dad although probably has more Irish blood. She has a gift in her mixed heritage and she could use that in her career as others have mentioned. Travelling to her ancestors' homelands, learning more about the culture, creating new books and fusion cooking. It could be quite successful if she does it properly. However I think she is too lazy to do it unfortunately. She has too much sense of entitlement and wants a lot in return for very little effort.
Maybe if she wants to reach the giddy heights of drinking Château Le Châtelet she will need to out-poor these fellows.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The stairs in her crappy dormer:

View attachment 191614
I thought this about the nook, but she’s lucky her landlord has given them decent carpet throughout.

I’m still traumatised by the flat I visited many years ago where the landlord was doing it up after a problem tenant, and he asked if we’d be okay with brown carpet because he figured the stains wouldn’t show up so carpets wouldn’t need doing as often?!?! I was stood there thinking duck me has it really come to this, are you telling me someone’s done a number two on the floor we’re currently stood on? And not only that but you’re considering how to better hide this from future tenants going forward??

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I can't remember when but not long ago. Just before thread 31 🤣.

She used the slimming tool (hips) and smoothing tool (legs) on this one (the unedited one was on Instagram, the edited one was on Twitter. Sloppy uploading):

View attachment 191546

And, well, then there was this:

View attachment 191548
I can’t imagine Cotswold Co would have been thrilled with this. Very “Readers’ Wives”. Not exactly “on brand” for them. 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.