Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
By Jack Monroe logic, you'd get a TV series commissioned ahead of me - someone born and bred in Wales! I bloody love a good Welsh cake done on a proper bakestone. Have you tried bara brith? That's like a sweet welsh bread - it's blasus iawn (v tasty).

She's taking a social media break by jumping to a different platform? Someone needs to throw alllll of her phones down the loo and lock the door so she can detox off social properly. Maybe this is me being a witch but that chair actually looks really uncomfortable lol?
Never tried bara brith - just looked it up and will give it a try, thanks. My Nanna gave me a little book of things that can be made using the bake stone but I’ve yet to try them (to addicted to welsh cakes!) - the book is tiny and one she was given yonks ago so cherish the sentimental value of it.

To be honest I thought the same re: the chair!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She's acting as though she spent an idyllic childhood in Cyprus before she was dramatically exiled to Southend. Double mention of lemons fresh from the tree too, interesting for someone so invested in not actually ever cooking with them.
I always find it jarring that she changed her name. What the hell is wrong with her name? Aren’t her parents kind of offended?
Ok, her surname was a difficult one to spell but as she now appears to realise, full of heritage and actually interesting. And what’s wrong with the name Melissa? I’ve always like it.

Reactions: 10
Interesting that one of the books on the bookcase is The Apology Impulse. Has she read it?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think people find comfort in infantilising themselves, it's both a regression to a simpler time and also a product of a capitalist society which babies us in order to make us feel that we are in need of more stuff to evoke that sense of bliss last experienced in the womb. You've only got to look at Innocent smoothies with their stupid wooly hat campaign, or the utterly ridiculous signage in the bathrooms of Virgin trains about not "flushing your ex's sweater or your hopes and dreams" down the toilet to see that we're being coddled into finking we are wickle and helpless.
This is just *chef Putin's kiss gif* - sometimes fraus get it so bang on I'm quite sad we're not all pals in real life.

Jack wants gauche romances eh? Going out on a limb and say she was (in Jack parlance) today years old when she learned that word cos it's in a Taylor Swift lyric on folklore 🤣

Today I saw my best friend for the first time in almost five months and I swear to god Jackie came up ORGANICALLY (unlike her supermarket vine leaves) when talking about recipe books. It was not good news fraus - my oldest and dearest friend said she LIKED JACK MONROE. Of course I immediately had to pour more wine and set the record straight. Luckily her liking of JM doesn't appear to run deep so it was quite an easy conversion. Phew!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
This is me & birkenstocks!! tbh I’ve spent years flirting with the idea of buying some of the felted clog types to elongate Birkenstock season. I also always wear birkenstocks & socks to my hospital appts no matter the weather, it’s a tradition now that I find weirdly soothing?
I unashamedly bloody love a Birkenstock sandal. Such arch support, so comfy! Always have at least 2 pairs on the go. I also have Haflinger felted slippers/clogs for knocking about in indoors and they are amazing. So comfortable, in fact, that I have accidentally worn them out to lunch a couple of times, for shame.

Argh.... am still grunking, but having had a quick peek at JM's Twitter I suspect my not-so-timely response to this message with my thoughts on comfy yet prob unfashionable footwear is just going to be noise. Apologies, cabal. xxxx As you were!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
On her bookshelves, I’m finding ‘The Joy of Work’ and ‘How to Succeed with People’ particularly amusing.

I wonder if she conducts zoom meetings in front of them like all the academics / politicians when they’re interviewed on the news.

Don’t cast me out, fellow gossip mavens, but I really like, nay, LOVE that Christmas bird wreathy thing. It appeals to me, greatly. Nggggghhhhhgggghhhnnn.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Her house is beautiful and full of lovely and expensive things, don't think I've ever read anyone say otherwise..except for Jack..

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Oh her bookshelves, I’m finding ‘The Joy of Work’ and ‘How to Succeed with People’ particularly amusing.

I wonder if she conducts zoom meetings in front of them like all the academics / politicians when they’re interviewed on the news.

Don’t cast me out, fellow gossip mavens, by I really like, nay, LOVE that Christmas bird wreathy thing. It appeals to me, greatly. Nggggghhhhhgggghhhnnn.
I have loads of Christmas birds, they are excellent

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Her house is beautiful and full of lovely and expensive things, don't think I've ever read anyone say otherwise..except for Jack..
I can’t work out is it yet another of her ploys to get sympathy by painting it out to be an absolute dump, or it’s the renting that she resents not the home it’s self. Personally I don’t see the issue me & my soon to be replaced for a jelly cat toy, husband rent our home, well not to triangulate myself too much technically it’s his home, but he signed a legally binding piece of paper that makes everything his also mine.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.