Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to have that problem with flip flops until I discovered Havaianas. Not the ones with a skinny strap, but the original ones. They also run large.
I've tried them... 😁 all flip flops hurt my weird toes. I have EDS wonky toes, I could hang like a bat I am sure. Another reason to avoid flipflops perhaps. :unsure:😁

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Keep your eyes peeled for a new Twitter account in the name of Melissa Hadjicostas!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
So she's basically on around £80-100k per year.
She could be on anything, the difference being she has the potential to increase her earnings, whereas a lot of us don't. I imagine she missed out on some great opportunities during lockdown that could have increased her earnings. Just one decent job could earn her enough to get by for the next 12 months......providing she didn't go on a spending spree obviously!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
One of her old tweets was that it took her 8hours to make a 5 minute video. Shes just not cut out for the industry.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Babe, same. I just have to look at clothes to make them crumple and take on a sack like appearance.

I do love trainers though, but am more a Converse/Vans (preferably with nerdy designs on them) woman. My sister bought me my own customised Vans for my 40th birthday, I treasure them and wear them for special occasions. I am currently trying to decide whether these beauties are appropriate footwear for a woman in her early 40s.*

*Well, not really. More can I justify £60 on a pair of trainers at a financially precarious time.
I'm miles behind again as I was forced to go into the office today so have a mini Grunka ahead. But I wanted to share that I am your opposite and utterly failed at Grunge as a rebellious youth due to looking far too tidy, however hard I tried!

(I'm with you on the converse/vans)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
8BB05301-D297-452B-A61A-E8EB5EAF2274.jpeg

Don’t bother trying to triangulate the link - it went to Jack’s blog and has, of course, been deleted 🤠

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Retaining a little of the Scottish theme, now deleted:

"What's done cannot be undone." Lady Macbeth .

We have the screenshots, Jackie!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Apologise? Have you ever seen JM apologise for anything? I have never but could be missing something.
But she said she was sorry to (*reads list*) David Cameron, Jamie Oliver, the occasional sycophant who asks a reasonable question then gets shouted at...hmmm I think that’s the whole list actually. Why won’t we forget her misdemeanours?!

1595619324936.jpeg

ETA realised the (funnier) gif has a slight flash at the beginning & didn’t want anybody who has a problem with flashes to be made ill so swapped to the meme (which should at least please the mods).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
So she's basically on around £80-100k per year.
and she won't be paying the full whack of tax because of her 'creative' way of paying herself into different accounts. Nothing illegal, just immoral and completely cunty.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
If you google him you can find his obituary. Looks like he owned a restaurant and a guest house/s.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Part of me wishes her well though, she must be exhausted. I know I am, trying to keep up with her!

Reactions: 23
Many reasons.

Because anybody in their right mind who is entering a relationship with somebody who has a child would be a fool to do so immediately, in case it doesn't work out, as there would be a risk of the parent refusing to leave because of having a child?

It's not in the right location, particularly with a child who has parents at two addresses?

Not enough bedrooms?

Renting it out?

Whilst it's owned, there was somebody resident with a lifetime interest in the property?

It wasn't fancy enough?

If you have a kid, it's absolutely daft to give up the security of a property that only you have a right to reside in on the basis of a six-12 month relationship (this might be relevant in view of obviously having to leave Allegra's home).
When someone in the last thread (I think) posted the article with her and SB living at Allegra's, I did feel sorry for the kid and all the confusing changing around there has been. I agree that staying in southend near his dad was a better decision than moving into a property early in a relationship that they both might have to move from.

Reactions: 17
She's already reposted the creepy cat video to Insta. She just can't bring herself to stay off socials at all lol.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
There's three in this series of the Granny Knicker Sideboard Photoshoot. These were on her Instagram/Twitter for one week before she realized how absolutely bleeping awful there are.

They are most cringe thing she's done, IMO.
when were these taken? It looks weird. The front of the skirt looks weird. The ruching effect on the top is weird. The whole thing is weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Mine is a dotcom, I’ve had it for about 12 years! I don’t get the other emails often, maybe one every month or so, but I can tell it’s consistently the same person they’re meant for. I guess I should just reply and say it’s wrong and what is the actual address they’re trying to reach!
OMG, babe -SAME!!!. I have a Gmail with my name no dot. Have had it for at least 14 years I think. I have an uncommon surname, but a woman in the US has the same name as me and same gmail.com account but with dot (katesmith Vs kate.smith). The only emails I get from her are related to online dating sites and her Pinterest boards. She's about ten years younger than me, into fall decorations and likes beardy men. I've contacted Gmail about it, but they keep telling me it's not possible. I've sent them screenshots but they don't believe me. For the record and triangulation purposes, I don't live in Tennessee, I hate pumpkin spice latte and I can't stand beards. Why won't Google believe me?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.