Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
đŸŽ¶đŸŽ”we are the gossip mavens, tattling girls and boysđŸŽ”đŸŽ¶( to the Ovaltinies tune for the youngsters in the cabal)
I am 67 and a 5.
I love it here <3

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Her feed now looks like you’d expect of a minor celeb tv cook. Do you think she’s taken Tattle advice to be more professional and split business and personal up?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
She can delete all she likes, but the damage is already done to her reputation. And all by herself too.

Reactions: 38
Thank you very much, I had been worrying my reply to you sounded snarky.
Good lord, no!
I can’t get over how lovely everyone is on here. So intelligent, discerning, supportive and thoughtful. And funny!
You didn’t come across snarky at all 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I do not know much about AA. However I found that message about her facing all suppressed feelings after a rather long time very upsetting. It may have been like that for her, but surely not for all people (?) It can sound really frightening and demotivating for people who are struggling and trying to stop drinking with the help of AA or other organisations.
It certainly hasn’t been my experience. The Steps are tough, of course they are because they drag up things you never wanted to acknowledge. Be that past experiences, our own defects of character or times when people have wronged it. I would always describe it as “nobody said it would be easy, but they promised it would be worth it”.

Do the Steps and you need never drink again...don’t do them as suggested and you might not drink but you’ll be what I’ve heard described as a “dry drunk” - the quality of sobriety is not as it could be.

She chose to tell people she was in AA so I think she has more responsibility than your average AAer as she has such a big platform. That did not need to be said on SM and I would question her motives for posting it. It’s irresponsible imo. It’s pretty grim not being able to get to a meeting (for me it is) but AA and the people haven’t closed down.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
A promotion!

For the record, 55 years, size 5. I have DM’s but I’m too bone idle to put them on. Memory Foam Slip on Sketchers for me. Old glimmer alert!

Oh, and I also have a narcissist for a mother. Not nice but you can’t miss what you’ve never had.
YES! I love DMs, I have a reasonable collection and used to wear them to work because they cheered me up and kicked arse. Nowadays I have no job (made redundant in March, don't worry Hausfraus I have managed to get another job starting in October) but I'm too lazy to make the effort to lace up DMs (or wear a bra) most days...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
That was for us. She waited until we posted it and then she deleted it đŸ€Ł
If you're right, then that's absolutely tragic. Oh Jack, go talk to some people in real life. For your sake. Please.

I have not given my triangulation details. I was a size 8, but for some reason my feet seem to have shrunk in recent years and I quite often fit a 7 in boots and trainers now. I'm 42 (and currently wearing a hoodie that says 'Life + Universe + Everything = 42 on it. I get the best birthday presents)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Trying to game the analytics/engagement figures? Can't see how tit the tweets are if they aren't there when a prospective commissioning executive wants to know the numbers and see whether there's any risk involved in hiring somebody? The editor bod said 'Delete. It. All.'? SB's Dad has said 'take that tit off before I use it to support and application for sole residency and supervised contact only'?

As if none of those wouldn't set alarm bells ringing.

In other news, I'm rather enjoying listening to somebody's sound system being seized right now. Serves them right for sticking it on a balcony and playing tit house music at earbleeding SPL on repeated accasions. Especially when they're eight weeks into an introductory tenancy. It's gone from the walls shaking to 'No, you cannot stop us, please step back.'.

Ha ha ha.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Has she taken the vine leaves round to her mum’s? Or have they gone into the upside down, along with vegan crackling and the £15 weekly lunches?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
A promotion!

For the record, 55 years, size 5. I have DM’s but I’m too bone idle to put them on. Memory Foam Slip on Sketchers for me. Old glimmer alert!

Oh, and I also have a narcissist for a mother. Not nice but you can’t miss what you’ve never had.
Babe, same! ( Age, shoe size, Sketchers). That'll confuse the triangulation....two trails!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Just searched her @ and David Walliams and she appears to have deleted all of those tweets đŸ€” maybe a cease and desist email was part of her million ignored messages.

Incidentally that whole Walliams mess was less than 20 days ago. How exhausting it must be to be her.
I think it's really cowardly too, have the courage of your conviction JM. If she's regretting the tweets in the first place then tweet something saying that.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This woman retcons more than Marvel.

Entire backstory deleted, ready for a reboot! (Plsplsplsplsplspls be a new TV show!)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think it's really cowardly too, have the courage of your conviction JM. If she's regretting the tweets in the first place then tweet something saying that.
She really needs to listen to that 'May Delete Later' podcast I keep banging on about. Stuff on performative SM, how to handle SM you regret, how to set boundaries with SM, how to be responsible with your platform.

Reactions: 22
I have never came across anyone I pity as much as her. She honestly does not seem to have much of a life. It must be so boring just sitting looking for likes all day everyday or reading about people gossiping about her.

I will admit I have been on here quite a bit recently but I have also been super busy doing other things too.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.