Jack Monroe #510 Simply The guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do think that guest doesn't want to be a fraud and finds it difficult to admit to herself that she is. The discrepancy must put her under a lot of psychological stress, and I can imagine how it might feed into her negative behaviours - especially the procrastination / avoidance stuff.

It's something that can only get worse as the grift continues, though - so it's hard to see what she can do to make things better for herself. Suspending the Patreon and offering refunds to anyone who asks for one would be a good start.
Agreed, I think we’re at the tipping point where reality is starting to bite and even though I truly think she believes a lot of her backstory lies, it must be getting harder and harder to deny the truth about the state of the Patreon and the Sue Lee fiasco - even if her intention didn’t start out to defraud, that’s clearly what it is at this point.

Part of me still thinks she’s almost hoping for the entire thing to just blow up, the worst part for her must surely be always on the edge and waiting for the moment when the house of cards finally collapses. Adrian, while no doubt doing his job admirably, is probably making that worse for her - every appearance somewhere, every TV slot must be absolutely terrifying for her, not only because she’s no good at them in the first place but also because there must be that bit in the back of her mind wondering if today is the day someone asks her directly.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I'm still catching up but I am over the (worm) moon that 'my' thread title was chosen.

We watched the Tina T documentary last night and it's bladdy good.

Although if we could have swears in the title then @Elsie Ben Felyn 's 'Nutbush crappy biscuits' forever ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Ooh I forgot to spill my tea from Thursday! Tbf is so insignificant it just slipped my mind.
I had my meeting with the prison people and, as suspected, no one has any memory of working with Jack Monroe for anything related to prison or ex offenders.
There were representatives from several organisations that deal with both the food served in prison and one that does hospitality apprenticeships for prisoners. It's called Springboard and they are really good.
Never heard of her.
She goes to a different prison! You ninny!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Saw Fingers being interviewed in the pit lane at the Monaco Grand Prix as a VIP...made me giggle and think of what could have been for Guest 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 26
When I saw the price of the Stroud tickets (£13.50) it reminded me that a few years ago I saw Pam Ayres in New Brighton for not much more (£16.00). Pam, who grew up in a 2 bed council terraced house with her parents, 4 older brothers and older sister would certainly roll her eyes at Jack, I'll explain why but will put it under a SPOILER for those who want to scroll by.
In Pam's autobiography The Necessary Aptitude she describes how she went to see Ken Dodd on stage, it was a brilliant evening she was crying with laughter. A year or so later she was able to see him again and took her mother. Her mother really enjoyed it but Pam felt cheated. It was exactly the same show, word for word, pause for pause. Mindful of how she felt, every performance she does, she notes the venue and which poems she used and checks before she is due back. She also knows there are some of her classics that people would be disappointed not to hear so tried to get the balance right. For the New Brighton venue she performed a favourite They Should Have Asked My Husband but all the reference to what the husband banged on about were brought bang up to date. So familiar but up to the minute, genius! Here's Pam doing a brilliant but not as up-to-date version.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
This is so obvious and we've all said it, but she should have paused Patreon for at least 3 months. Even if her silly subscribers kept saying 'please don't Jack - I don't expect anything in return' - as that is not the point of it. In that time she should have got on top of all her outstanding rewards. Then have a rebooted version with only digital rewards, or making it very clear there would be the very bare minimum eg a quarterly blog post.
The Sue Lee thing 😬 I'm actually at a bit of a loss how she can make that right tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
When I saw the price of the Stroud tickets (£13.50) it reminded me that a few years ago I saw Pam Ayres in New Brighton for not much more (£16.00). Pam, who grew up in a 2 bed council terraced house with her parents, 4 older brothers and older sister would certainly roll her eyes at Jack, I'll explain why but will put it under a SPOILER for those who want to scroll by.
In Pam's autobiography The Necessary Aptitude she describes how she went to see Ken Dodd on stage, it was a brilliant evening she was crying with laughter. A year or so later she was able to see him again and took her mother. Her mother really enjoyed it but Pam felt cheated. It was exactly the same show, word for word, pause for pause. Mindful of how she felt, every performance she does, she notes the venue and which poems she used and checks before she is due back. She also knows there are some of her classics that people would be disappointed not to hear so tried to get the balance right. For the New Brighton venue she performed a favourite They Should Have Asked My Husband but all the reference to what the husband banged on about were brought bang up to date. So familiar but up to the minute, genius! Here's Pam doing a brilliant but not as up-to-date version.
Ah, when I was little, Nana and Ma Aeroplane loved Pam Ayres. I didn’t have enough life experience when I was little to actually get her work, but now I think I do. This little fact is lovely to know, what a clever and thoughtful woman she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
That was brilliant! 😁😁😁

• Heart
Reactions: 29
When I've heard her being interviewed she seems lovely. Very funny, clever and modest. Just like, oh hang on, nothing like guest.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
When I've heard her being interviewed she seems lovely. Very funny, clever and modest. Just like, oh hang on, nothing like guest.
She also cares deeply about the conservation of British wildlife and does what she can to help. It's not well known as she quietly gets on with it, so yes nothing like guest!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Lingering honk were guests own words, were they not? I don’t think there’s anything wrong in repeating her own honking words. I’d rather someone said I smelled a bit than called me a manipulative, thieving animal abusing liar tbh. All of which can be applied to guest.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
It must be hard to want to do a job but realise you have literally no skills in which to excute the job effectively, however in saying this there is no reason why she cannot go and develop the skills required to become better at the job, such as training and education. She is too lazy to do these though! I have said this 1million ttimes she needs to sit down reflect and work on herself and her issues no one else can do thst for her. She needs to re-evaluate her current life status and where she wants needs to be. Do some serious work on herself then maybe the career she wants will be possible.
---
It must be hard to want to do a job but realise you have literally no skills in which to excute the job effectively, however in saying this there is no reason why she cannot go and develop the skills required to become better at the job, such as training and education. She is too lazy to do these though! I have said this 1million ttimes she needs to sit down reflect and work on herself and her issues no one else can do thst for her. She needs to re-evaluate her current life status and where she wants needs to be. Do some serious work on herself then maybe the career she wants will be possible.
---

Reactions: 37
Too pretty to be poor/gay/whatever always makes me laugh. She's certainly not too pretty to be as thick as mince.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Ah, when I was little, Nana and Ma Aeroplane loved Pam Ayres. I didn’t have enough life experience when I was little to actually get her work, but now I think I do. This little fact is lovely to know, what a clever and thoughtful woman she is.
If you ever get a chance to get Ma Aeroplane (and Nana if she is (hopefully) still around) tickets to see Pam, please do, she's delightful. I took my parents-in-law. They really enjoyed it and commented that it was "so clean". That is a happy memory, sadly they are no longer with us but I still chuckle, along with my son about a less "clean" comedy moment in their history.
I can't remember who got the tickets but the local vicar, his wife, my fil (church warden) and mil (retired head teacher) ended up at the local comedy club for a comedy and buffet evening. The comedy was blue, the buffet was brown, the audience were pissed, they left early :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
23 tickets left for Hay tomorrow!
How big is the venue, 250 tickets or 25 tickets?

I have absolutely no plans tomorrow and a full tank of petrol but there's nothing I'd like less than to go somewhere she is. I'm sure she thinks we've bought 18472 tickets but I cannot say this hard enough, no thank space you.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.