Jack Monroe #510 Simply The guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If the Hive is 200 seat.. that would mean she'd have to sell tickets to 0.04% of her twitter audience... Less than 1% of followers have paid £10 to see Jack talk in a tent.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Is that supposition or …?
It's supposition. However, it's fact that her Stroud appearance was attended by a number of people, including food bank staffers, who received free tickets. They tweeted about it and Stroud media tweeted about it. Any good agent would do whatever possible to get venue seats filled for their client. Better to give all the tickets away than have a sea of empty seats. A well-placed word to festival organizers, and voila. An audience.

Reactions: 37
Crafty Agent Adrian has been arranging ticket giveaways to food bank staffers and various other festival goers. If anyone is guilty of buying up seats, in other words, it's Jack.
Nah there's no way Hay are giving away free tickets, the cheap gits.
---
I note with interest that Adam Rutherford has not tweeted about it at all. I'll be keeping an eye on his Twitter tomorrow.
It's very disappointing that he's doing this event with her and I hold out hope he might ask her some awkward questions about the methodology of the Veritable Bollocks Index, but I fear he is too thirsty for her and will just fawn.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
don't forget the she-wee, or is that just for when one is camping at home?
I think that guest is like my daughters when they were little; stay safe close to your Mummy. Guest has always stayed in her comfy little Tory safe place. Camping in her garden was a massive adventure with ginger beer and lots of hilarity when in actual fact it was just another sad staged SM post.

Reactions: 42
I’m sticking with my estimate of 150 tickets . This is based on the Wye stage having 400 seats, being about twice the size of the hive tent but having a more chair friendly shape- you will get more rows in a squared shape than an oval
Ariel and map shots of the festival from their insta, audience photo from Tan Twan’s Instagram from yesterdays bookers prize winners event on the Wye stage View attachment 2201739
Hotes, obviously I would have bought at least 50 tickets like the ebil troll I am but alas I’ve not been paid by my troll farm/pr cover up overloads yet 😂😉😂. That, and I’d rather stick pumble in my ears, down a slow cooker of tea and eat a prune smoothie bowl depicting all my dead childhood pets than my waste time and money
If Kurt Cobain was alive today, he would be inspired to write "smells like middle England" after seeing that picture.

• Haha
I wonder how many people who have bought tickets for guest over the past few days have only bought a ticket because everyone else in that slot has sold out , and they just want somewhere where they will get a sit down for an hour before they go off to see the events they really want to see.( there is a free even at the same time but that doesn’t guarantee a seat )

pick a seat towards the back , put earbuds in and listen to a podcast for an hour while you have a bit of a recharge before grabbing a quick piss and a sandwich on your way to the Big Seaweed Show

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
The whole "trolls are block buying tickets" thing makes no sense at all. She doesn't seem to understand why people would do that. It is a (costly) technique to no platform someone, by removing their audience. I don't think anyone cares that much if she tells her momentary poverty story for the umpteenth time, and certainly is not prepared to pay to do that. If anything the idea of her being scrutinised by an audience (or a host with just a bit of curiosity) sounds like something many of us would like to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
The whole "trolls are block buying tickets" thing makes no sense at all. She doesn't seem to understand why people would do that. It is a (costly) technique to no platform someone, by removing their audience. I don't think anyone cares that much if she tells her momentary poverty story for the umpteenth time, and certainty is not prepared to pay to do that. If anything the idea of her being scrutinised by an audience (or a host with just a bit of curiosity) sounds like something many of us would like to see.
She can’t bear it that she’s not very popular. I think she made it up because she’s a massive liar, but she’d been on stage and hadn’t seen the tweet half an hour before it started, advertising that tickets were still available.

• Haha
  • Heart
It must be hard to want to do a job but realise you have literally no skills in which to excute the job effectively, however in saying this there is no reason why she cannot go and develop the skills required to become better at the job, such as training and education. She is too lazy to do these though! I have said this 1million ttimes she needs to sit down reflect and work on herself and her issues no one else can do thst for her. She needs to re-evaluate her current life status and where she wants needs to be. Do some serious work on herself then maybe the career she wants will be possible.
And tackling challenges, particularly learning and mastering new things is so, so good for your mental health and general self esteem. Whether it's something creative, a new language, something technical like coding, something physical like the splits... 😄

I love the concept of the 'Renaissance man/woman' who is deeply skilled in more than one area. She could be exploiting her free time and opportunities to the hilt

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think the full canal would equal 0.
Can we not just count chairs or teeth? Let's face it, everyone loves that and our mods are a massive fan too.
I must say that I miss dead gloves (honestly was a big fan). None about these days, like white dog poo.
Makes you think.
Anyway.....back to Schoffe 🤫
The gloves have flown north/south, but will return
---
My favourite thing about the glove pictures was, as well as all the 🤣 reactions, there was always a good amount of 🙁 reactions too.
That really tickled me for some reason.
carnage

C532CCB8-C4EE-4756-9D54-30926A552C3D.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
between here and the hellsite, the word delusional has lost all meaning 🙃

I may be overtired, but I think the sitch can be summed up as

IMG_20230528_195112.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Every time I think she has good intentions but can't deliver I remember she pretended to have c:;@#r. Not forgivable that one. And the kitten was peak for me. Just attention seeking the whole time. Narcissism. Her operating modus is play victim every time she is called out on her behaviour and she tolerates not one word of feedback let alone criticism. I think she does believe her own lies tho. She is also very vain. Thinks she is gorgeous and also a possible undiscovered singer. Attention seeking is off the scale. Posting pics up her skirt were just totally bizarre. Anything for attention. She needs to do a lot of work on herself.. I don't believe much of her back story. Food banks were hardly a thing when she was in so called poverty. She has never mentioned swapping with friends( what friends she said it was a secret) before. At that time it was referral only rather the drop ins now. She never actually mentioned a food bank in her pov story until a while later. She added it in. I think she defo borrows other people's stories .
I don't think she will ever stop her cycle of grift get caught out play victim then repeat until she just becomes irrelevant.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Dr Ranj has waded in to the This Morning furore, thought he was one of her best mates?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Camping in her garden was a massive adventure with ginger beer and lots of hilarity when in actual fact it was just another sad staged SM post.
That was the week Louisa left. You might remember Jack taking the piss out of her on Twitter because she didn't want to camp in the garden...

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.