Jack Monroe #510 Simply The guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Lumpyspaceprincess I think dear frau @MavisBeacon said that if there's any appearance fee it's usually pretty small, and most of the authors make their money through selling books at signings after their talk.
Yeah, if you're promoting a new book and not an A list celeb (which guest is not) then a lot of literary festivals and other speaking gigs don't pay well, if at all. Maybe hundreds, possibly up to a few K if you're a big name draw in a big venue (which the Hive is not) I'll look back through my emails tomorrow and see if I can find out what my deal was, although it was a fair few years ago now.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Yeah, if you're promoting a new book and not an A list celeb (which guest is not) then a lot of literary festivals and other speaking gigs don't pay well, if at all. Maybe hundreds, possibly up to a few K if you're a big name draw in a big venue (which the Hive is not) I'll look back through my emails tomorrow and see if I can find out what my deal was, although it was a fair few years ago now.
I hope I've read your books whoever you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I’m hoping Frau Dent sends us a message from the festival. Maybe an obscure word for grifter , or a clever Victorian way of suggesting the aftermath of a snow storm ❄

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I bet she's FEWMIN that she can't insert herself into the situation one way or another and make it all about herself.
Didn't she get mistaken for a gay man once? "Philth said I was too pretty to be a gay woman but I said SHAN'T '

I can actually believe she's had some strange insults as people are weird. It's just how she dines out on it that I don't get. Me and another confused white lady once had the p-word (associated with people from Pakistan) slur screamed at us while walking in a park. Obviously we were so blurred with tears we could hardly see to tweet about it pissed ourselves laughing

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Maybe she tried to whistle blow on Phillip Schofield and that is the reason she has been so cruelly and painstakingly sidelined ever since.
Nothing to do with raw pasta and bollock sausages.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
The whole "trolls are block buying tickets" thing makes no sense at all. She doesn't seem to understand why people would do that. It is a (costly) technique to no platform someone, by removing their audience. I don't think anyone cares that much if she tells her momentary poverty story for the umpteenth time, and certainly is not prepared to pay to do that. If anything the idea of her being scrutinised by an audience (or a host with just a bit of curiosity) sounds like something many of us would like to see.
I guarantee what happened was:
She was lurking here, saw ninnies posting screenshots of checking the max amount of tickets available, and thought they were buying them 🦉🍾

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I guarantee what happened was:
She was lurking here, saw ninnies posting screenshots of checking the max amount of tickets available, and thought they were buying them 🦉🍾
Makes sense. Personally, I have a rule not to spend money on or give money to grifters, so I SHAN'T be buying tickets to listen to her bang on about The Pov™️, or buying her terrible books, or even spending money on the bus fare to go to a free talk to listen to her bang on about The Pov™️, or chipping in to her PayPal or subscribing to her Patreon.

Reactions: 22
Is it today that Jack retelling her back story to a tent full of Tabitha and Sebastian? (+192 free seats)

There's no mention on the advert Hay has Shared.. big celeb that Jack is, you'd think she'd be a crowd puller not a crowd repeller.

Screenshot_20230529_081631_Chrome.jpg

Mind you, it does say that's the 'online festival Pass Schedule' so Jack's tent might not have WiFi in... Or anyone that can cook.. 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Sweet summer Hays Festival person, she’s not allowed to talk about her activism as it is all secret and behind the scenes
Maybe the Veiny Bollock Index is only for the governments use and therefore has a classification marking so the mortals can't see it 🙄😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Is it today that Jack retelling her back story to a tent full of Tabitha and Sebastian? (+192 free seats)

There's no mention on the advert Hay has Shared.. big celeb that Jack is, you'd think she'd be a crowd puller not a crowd repeller.

View attachment 2202891

Mind you, it does say that's the 'online festival Pass Schedule' so Jack's tent might not have WiFi in... Or anyone that can cook.. 😜
Adam Rutherford seems to be on again in the evening.
I have never been to Hay Festival but I don't think guest's self indulgent ill informed honking rambles will go down terribly well tbh.
I imagine the audience are used to entertaining (❎) interesting (❎) and informative (❎) discussion. Quite why they signed up to see her in the first place then is a mystery obviously. And it is sold as talking about Grifty Kitchen - so lengthy asides about 'and then the fire service made it impossible for me to stay and then I had to carry my {dramatic pause} crying son to a foodbank and we lived on toothpaste and cardboard for a year' will hopefully just baffle them.

Reactions: 29
She's liked this on Twitter. No need to squig as the poster has 20K followers. Didn't she literally say she was the poorest person at her school?

Screenshot_2023-05-29-08-52-11-59_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.