Jack Monroe #510 Simply The guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also total bollocks. She has, what was it, 4½ GCSEs after flouncing school. You’re not starting a degree on those ACAS points.
I think we watermeloned the degree she was taking at the time, as it was something vague sounding. It was an online uni that did not seem overly concerned with trifling matters such as entry requirements.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I think we watermeloned the degree she was taking at the time, as it was something vague sounding. It was an online uni that did not seem overly concerned with trifling matters such as entry requirements.
It's highly possible that she never even applied.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
We have said before. She was the spoilt daughter, then her family decided to foster children that took away her attention and since that day she is bitter and resentful. You can see it even now she's high as a bloody kite when everyone is fawning over her, but as soon as someone else gets her attention, out comes the rage and snark and tantrums. She is basically a spoilt entitled witch!

• Heart
Reactions: 49
We have said before. She was the spoilt daughter, then her family decided to foster children that took away her attention and since that day she is bitter and resentful. You can see it even now she's high as a bloody kite when everyone is fawning over her, but as soon as someone else gets her attention, out comes the rage and snark and tantrums. She is basically a spoilt entitled witch!
Alright Kim Woodburn! (One for the phillip schofield thread readers there)

• Haha
Reactions: 45
You mean if you spell your name correctly and dont write “virgin” where is says Sex* on the form, you are ok?

*That was on a CV someone handed in at our local bar………it was a little too much data for a floor waiting job 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Perhaps it got Photoshopped out, but I don't see anything disfigured about either of guest's legs in that bikini photo.

I was also just reading a story from a few months ago about how the Tories are cutting funding that supports youth centres in South London, and putting that money into building more prisons. These centres give young people from troubled homes a safe place to hang out, plus teach them life skills like applying for jobs. And the centres also feed them since many of them don't get nutritional meals at home. Perhaps Ms. 100 Hours A Week Activist would like to do some Tweeting about that, instead of making up conversations with non-existent baes and posting ridiculous photos of herself.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
There will howling, clawing and radiators flying in the Bungamansion

Uh oh. Come on Jack! Maybe you can get the cost down to £8 a week and beat the competition. 😅

P.s. I know it's beside the point, but this article's really annoying! She's a PR manager. I don't know how much they earn on average, but surely there's no need to budget that tightly? No kids either which makes it a lot easier.

Also unsure about this meal plan. It seems very protein heavy??

1685462009151.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Uh oh. Come on Jack! Maybe you can get the cost down to £8 a week and beat the competition. 😅

P.s. I know it's beside the point, but this article's really annoying! She's a PR manager. I don't know how much they earn on average, but surely there's no need to budget that tightly? No kids either which makes it a lot easier.

Also unsure about this meal plan. It seems very protein heavy??

View attachment 2206184
She must be a smol pixie like Jack because looking at what she buys in a week, and what she eats in a day, those portions must be bleeping miniscule.

But you know, the poors can shop for sixpence a week if only they exist on 14 calories per meal like these ladies.

• Angry
Reactions: 36
Perhaps it got Photoshopped out, but I don't see anything disfigured about either of guest's legs in that bikini photo.
Agree. As other's have said in her painful humblebrag she managed to be offensive again. In her attention seeking attempt to 'normalise' a 'non conventional body', all she actually did was make perfectly 'normal' and healthy bodies appear as if they should be perceived as having something wrong with them.

Somebody could look at that bikini photo and think 'blimey (apart from the terrible photoshopping) I don't look dissimilar, yet this is being presented as something almost shameful, and I'm actually brave to revealing my hideous body to a stunned public'.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Agree. As other's have said in her painful humblebrag she managed to be offensive again. In her attention seeking attempt to 'normalise' a 'non conventional body', all she actually did was make perfectly 'normal' and healthy bodies appear as if they should be perceived as having something wrong with them.

Somebody could look at that bikini photo and think 'blimey (apart from the terrible photoshopping) I don't look dissimilar, yet this is being presented as something almost shameful, and I'm actually brave to revealing my hideous body to a stunned public'.
Exactly. I wish I had a body like hers (I was a fat kid and young adult, now an average-ish adult, and because of the weight loss I'd look like a melted candle in a bikini), she talks absolute bollocks.

One minute she's comparing herself to Debbie Harry and saying she's too pretty to be poor, then this?

She'll say bleeping anything as long as she's saying something.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Exactly. I don't spend £11 a week on my food shop because I don't have to and it's damn hard work getting it down to that price. I don't really want to spend my evenings stalking the person with the price reduction gun.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She must be a smol pixie like Jack because looking at what she buys in a week, and what she eats in a day, those portions must be bleeping miniscule.

But you know, the poors can shop for sixpence a week if only they exist on 14 calories per meal like these ladies.
Half the price of your breafast, have one slice of toast instead of two!
Share you lunch time sandwich with your partner, two fed for the price of one!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Exactly. I don't spend £11 a week on my food shop because I don't have to and it's damn hard work getting it down to that price. I don't really want to spend my evenings stalking the person with the price reduction gun.
Also there's no way yellow sticker fruit or salad is lasting a whole week, and reduced meat will have to be batch cooked immediately and then eaten within 3 days unless you freeze it and not all meals freeze well... I don't believe it.
---
Half the price of your breafast, have one slice of toast instead of two!
Share you lunch time sandwich with your partner, two fed for the price of one!
One meal a day, cut your grocery bill by 2/3!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Also there's no way yellow sticker fruit or salad is lasting a whole week, and reduced meat will have to be batch cooked immediately and then eaten within 3 days unless you freeze it and not all meals freeze well... I don't believe it.
I'll do a batch cook but it's because I live on my own and sometimes it's just easier to do a full recipe rather than faffing about quartering it.

But that's the thing, isn't it? All these "Povs™️can live off thruppence a week" articles don't take into account the time you have to spend to grind your food bill to the bare minimum. Stalking the person with the price gun round the supermarket. Going at the right time, several times a week (because, as you say, yellow sticker salad doesn't last). Having the freezer space for packs of mince and the meals you then turn them into.

Reactions: 37
Lorna/feed your family for £20 quite often put out an emergency £10 shop for a family of four which seems vaguely balanced , and substantial enough that you’d not go hungry . But she’s very open about saying just because it’s possible doesn’t mean it’s enjoyable- it’s repetitive, dull and definitely not something you’d want to do regularly, but if you find yourself with bare cupboards and an empty fridge/freezer a week before payday , it’s better than nothing. I can’t see why anyone would want to try to live on £11 out of choice . Also I wonder if the protein powder came out of that £11 because my sons just started using it and it’s bloody expensive!!!
---
I'll do a batch cook but it's because I live on my own and sometimes it's just easier to do a full recipe rather than faffing about quartering it.

But that's the thing, isn't it? All these "Povs™️can live off thruppence a week" articles don't take into account the time you have to spend to grind your food bill to the bare minimum. Stalking the person with the price gun round the supermarket. Going at the right time, several times a week (because, as you say, yellow sticker salad doesn't last). Having the freezer space for packs of mince and the meals you then turn them into.
It’s like those extreme couponers who get their shopping down to tiny amounts and say stuff like oh I don’t know why everyone doesn’t coupon, it’s free money . Then the voice over says that Karen spends 68 hrs a week collecting, cutting and collating coupons, researching deals and driving to 15 different stores to get the best deals 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.