Jack Monroe #510 Simply The guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Look, guys, can you all come back from the PS thread please?
This is VERY naughty behaviour.

WARNED.
I am going to have to. I love this thread because of the humour. Can't find much humour in the PS threads, all a bit dark and depressing.

ETA I think that what is happening to PS and TM does need documenting and commenting on, but it's not like watching our Jack make a fool of herself...AGAIN. Sorry for shouting.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I think we have competition - the schofield thread with everyone waiting to see the Eamonn interview was comedy gold.....really makes me wish I'd been here for the DKl live watchalongs.
OT but I laughed so much reading that thread. It was like the watchalong here when 30p Lee was on GBNews, with so many people (self included) seeing GBNews for the first time and discovering how truly dire it is.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
It’s like those extreme couponers who get their shopping down to tiny amounts and say stuff like oh I don’t know why everyone doesn’t coupon, it’s free money . Then the voice over says that Karen spends 68 hrs a week collecting, cutting and collating coupons, researching deals and driving to 15 different stores to get the best deals 😂
Karen opens her garage door and there's 500 tubes of deodorant just sitting there.
Voiceover: These cost 2cents each but they're a scent none of the family can stand and Kevin came out in a rash, so now they're just ... here.

And it would drive me spare not knowing what I was eating until I got to the supermarket and knew what was on offer - I plan my meals for the week and do a shopping list before I go out. I can't imagine doing that when I'm standing in the supermarket aisles.

Reactions: 27
Someone has been on a dirty delete...

ETA: Looks like Beach Body II: Revenge of the Claw is cancelled.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Sorry if this is stupid question, but do the 2 Dr’s of grift or whatever they were count?
Not at all. Those are honourary degrees, given for noble service of some kind or a big fat donation to the uni so they wouldn't make any difference.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
OT but I laughed so much reading that thread. It was like the watchalong here when 30p Lee was on GBNews, with so many people (self included) seeing GBNews for the first time and discovering how truly dire it is.
Kim Woodburn was fab though, wasn't she? That Little witch 💅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Did a TV show once. Is some 'expert' on retail. Celebrity lesbian.
Instrumental in changing charity shops from somewhere you could get cheap clothes when you were skint to places where you'd be charged more for a knackered Primark T-shirt with bleach stains on the hem that it was brand new because 'We're not a charity, you know. We're a business raising money for a charity'.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Uh oh. Come on Jack! Maybe you can get the cost down to £8 a week and beat the competition. 😅

P.s. I know it's beside the point, but this article's really annoying! She's a PR manager. I don't know how much they earn on average, but surely there's no need to budget that tightly? No kids either which makes it a lot easier.

Also unsure about this meal plan. It seems very protein heavy??

View attachment 2206184
Her employer seems to do PR for The Hut Group, who own MyProtein. This story smells like an undeclared ad for them.

If she's happy to make do with a limited diet bulked out with industrial by-product protein powders / bars / puddings, then fair play to her. But it's not a sensible option for most people, and really shouldn't be being promoted liked this in the national press.

(Guest, of course, claims to feed 3 people for £20/week, so her budget is actually tighter still)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
Just checked across the road to make sure Jack is still sober ... and happy - aaand yes indeedy there it is.
I believe her because I, myself, often feel the need to remind anyone who'll listen that I'm sober and happy ... and living a life beyond my wildest dreams. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Big donation it was then 😂😂😂😂
That would explain where some of the Patreon money went, hmm.....
But seriously, most universities' annual roster of honourary degrees consist of a sleazy businessperson or two who forked out a bug donation (often as distraction from their ethically questionable behaviour), and a couple of (alleged) do-gooders so the uni can point to them as examples of the uni's commitment to inclusion and social justice blah blah blah. guest falls into the second category .

Reactions: 17
Her employer seems to do PR for The Hut Group, who own MyProtein. This story smells like an undeclared ad for them.

If she's happy to make do with a limited diet bulked out with industrial by-product protein powders / bars / puddings, then fair play to her. But it's not a sensible option for most people, and really shouldn't be being promoted liked this in the national press.

(Guest, of course, claims to feed 3 people for £20/week, so her budget is actually tighter still)
I have heard that the company taking over The Hut group has realised My Protein is the only profitable arm of the company, and their prices are though the roof with a DFS sale element thrown in. When I put a scoop of flavoured whey in my breakfast porridge I definitely stay fuller for longer but as said you aren't buying that if you're trying to spend under £100 a month on groceries.

Reactions: 20
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I’ve only just noticed—

E5DF8778-3BD5-4688-AC85-08BAE2AA86AD.jpeg

Does this mean she has given up blogging?
And how special is she that Jack is an author AND a writer?
It feels like that “etc.” is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
I am going to have to. I love this thread because of the humour. Can't find much humour in the PS threads, all a bit dark and depressing.

ETA I think that what is happening to PS and TM does need documenting and commenting on, but it's not like watching our Jack make a fool of herself...AGAIN. Sorry for shouting.
Babe, same x

I feel like if I made a knob joke on that thread nobody would find it amusing, so not really my vibe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.