Jack Monroe #510 Simply The guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont even understand what the point of the VBI actually was. Everyone knows the prices have gone up. We dont need some dick to softy, gently etc provide us with 103 spreadsheets of Jack maths to tell us that prices have gone up as a result of inflation and that small annoyance of Brexit. A spreadsheet isnt going to solve inflation. It isnt going to solve the increased border costs. And its isnā€™t going to solve the logistics issues.

She should be out there signposting support as you say. Not tweeting shite about being off her nut and having the crank knocked out of her in a car park in E17. She should be working WITH the likes of That Man and the West Country bloke (sorry cant remember his name) rather than having a stroke becasue they have bothered to do something she has so dismally failed at. She should be at a food bank, or in a soup kitchen, or actually doing SOMETHING (ANYTHING) that doesnt involve a huge pile of Bolivian Tweeting Powder, sleeping till 2 and spouting a load of bollocks to neckbeards and rage nans. Whoā€™s idea of someone is poor is someone that watches the Jeremy Kyle Show.

She should have forensically studied what state support is actually on offer to people so she isnt talking utter bollocks every time she opens her mouth. Actually have the information to hand in the 390 bleeping notebooks.

But of course, actually doing something useful isnt on the radar becasue shes surrounded by enablers who ignore the sense of entitlement she has. They ignore alll the, quite frankly batshit crazy stuff she does and tweets. ā€œOh its just how she isā€. No it bleeping isnt. Sheā€™s been allowed to turn into this monster becasue the behaviour has been normalised and not picked up on!

I refuse to believe that she thinks she is actually doing anything of value. She knows that she is getting paid quite considerable sums for doing duck all. Then starts clawing and wailing becasue someone else does it and does it better! She knows the grift is up and is riding it while she can because others who actually know what the duck they are talking about are stepping up to the plate.

Apologies for the lengthy rant but im hungover and stuck on a train
I've gone on about this before because I'm biased šŸ• but I think it's really important for an organisation like the ONS to report inflation on a variety of goods (eg. own brand lidl / aldi vs own brand fancy M&S vs branded products). "Everyone knows x" doesn't really hold up compared to actual facts and figures unfortunately. It's important to have trustworthy statistics so politicians etc can't gaslight the public that it's not so bad or whatever.

Key word here is "organisation", not a twitter addict with a ring binder, wooden calculator, and 10 years of hoarded receipts. I think guest got really lucky with the timing: she went off about it in January and iirc the ONS published something in April. She could imply that she had something to do with it, despite the fact that the ONS had been collecting data since the previous April.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Oh God can you imagine SB at uni and guest rocking up as the 'cool mom' during freshers' week. 'I met SB's friends and they couldn't believe I was his mama, they thought I was his sister HAHAHAHA *SNIFF*'

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
Oh God can you imagine SB at uni and guest rocking up as the 'cool mom' during freshers' week. 'I met SB's friends and they couldn't believe I was his mama, they thought I was his sister HAHAHAHA *SNIFF*'
Sheā€™d take it upon herself to try and teach his housemates how to cook, and theyā€™d have to politely nod along while she made peach and chickpea slop. Then sheā€™d put on her mega mix of Saturday Night and the Macarena and try to start a house party while swigging from a bottle of warm diluted squash and honking ā€œIā€™ll show you lot how itā€™s done!ā€

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
I would dearly love to sit the Slop Goblin and my OH down in a room for 5 minutes so she could tell her that because she used a food bank once she knows about povertyā€¦ā€¦.

1685452490324.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Don't know where this will land and I'm sure it's been said many many times but, doesn't It speak to Jack's middle class entitled belief system that a Ā£27 grand a year job at that age was easily abandoned?

If I'd had a Ā£27k year job at that age I think I'd have to have been shot dead to relinquish it.. think I was on less than Ā£4ph at that age..
Ā£27k pa was at the higher end of the starting salary for most of the big financial services/advisory grad schemes in the early 2010s, IB obvs excluded. These were super competitive grad schemes that required (or at least were rumoured to) a first in a BSc from a red brick uni and for you to pass muuuultiple rounds of assessment. That whole thing was seriously mentally damaging (I lasted 9 months before I became a fully fledged mental health caseāœØ) so to be on that salary as a nepo baby with no grades and none of that grief must have been truly lovely for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 55
Thereā€™s a general election before SB considers any Uni options. Pointless mithering over the financial implications.

Reactions: 18
It doesn't matter how much she earns for him to access full tuition fee loans and the minimum maintenance loan under the current system.

Of course this still presents barriers for working class families and those who want to live away from home in expensive cities where families can't support, but it won't be an issue for SB who has a Mum with 2 doctorates and will have got loans for her own university nutrition degree.
Oh God, I'd forgotten all about the nutrition degree. To be fair, so has Jack. After claiming she had started it in DIVA.pdf, she then said over a year ago that she'd put it back by 12 months because she'd taken too much on - which means she should have her not inconsiderable schnozz in all those textbooks by now. Hope all the orange squash-fuelled raving isn't interfering with her studies.

Screenshot_20230530-142356_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Thereā€™s a general election before SB considers any Uni options. Pointless mithering over the financial implications.
Wont all the universities have gone bust by the time SB goes now Ghengis Braverman has decided that, the people who pay to go to them from outside the UK are about as welcome as a dose of the clap?

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Oh God, I'd forgotten all about the nutrition degree. To be fair, so has Jack. After claiming she had started it in DIVA.pdf, she then said over a year ago that she'd put it back by 12 months because she'd taken too much on - which means she should have her not inconsiderable schnozz in all those textbooks by now. Hope all the orange squash-fuelled raving isn't interfering with her studies.

View attachment 2205921
Also total bollocks. She has, what was it, 4Ā½ GCSEs after flouncing school. Youā€™re not starting a degree on those ACAS points.

Reactions: 29
Also total bollocks. She has, what was it, 4Ā½ GCSEs after flouncing school. Youā€™re not starting a degree on those ACAS points.
Sorry if this is stupid question, but do the 2 Drā€™s of grift or whatever they were count?

• Haha
Reactions: 12

View attachment 2205921
Just stop talking tit, Jack. We get that you have a thought and in your smol head it's a real plan and good intentioned but since you seen through precisely duck all to fruition in the last decade perhaps just keep your mouth shut since your only reliable skill seems to be pathological lying.

Reactions: 17
I've gone on about this before because I'm biased šŸ• but I think it's really important for an organisation like the ONS to report inflation on a variety of goods (eg. own brand lidl / aldi vs own brand fancy M&S vs branded products). "Everyone knows x" doesn't really hold up compared to actual facts and figures unfortunately. It's important to have trustworthy statistics so politicians etc can't gaslight the public that it's not so bad or whatever.

Key word here is "organisation", not a twitter addict with a ring binder, wooden calculator, and 10 years of hoarded receipts. I think guest got really lucky with the timing: she went off about it in January and iirc the ONS published something in April. She could imply that she had something to do with it, despite the fact that the ONS had been collecting data since the previous April.
I don't think she got lucky. A company called Assosia had been doing the same thing for well over a year, maybe two, and it was reported in January 2022 on the.grocer.co.uk, then picked up by a variety of sources including the BBC.

Reactions: 21
That is not a healthy hooter (my phone seems to know who I'm referring to, it šŸ„• to hoover!)

Screenshot_20230530-153242_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
IMG_2049.jpeg

Thought this was apt. I still donā€™t get why she went to two raves AFTER the first sober rave finished at 5pm and how she shoehorned it all in (I used to be partial to a cheeky rave or three back in the dayā€¦ i donā€™t think she would have found another 2 sober raves in London that consecutively ran one after the other on the same day. Maybe she did but I doubt it. Especially a sober rave finishing very late. Anyway, I digress) so I wondered whether the Hay Festival degenerated into a big mad rave after all the ā€˜keynoteā€™ talks had finished, so I checked. And dear reader, no, no it doesnā€™t/didnā€™t (all tenses are interchangeable) degenerate into a big mad rave. END

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
1685457572626.png

(thank you Marmalade for screenshot)

I did note that thie above is technically Grey Jumper v2 as there seems to have been an original grey jumper. I wonder what happened to it.

Also I never noticed that was a rag rug. I love rag rugs and have a couple that a family member made for me. šŸ• They have a really interesting history too. But I would not let one of them go anywhere near my kitchen, because when I do remember to shake them out, the amount of shite (not literally) that lurks amongst the fabricky tendrils is horrifying.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Wesmate is speaking at Clitfest in July.

About his new book.

Which happens to be a memoir.

On his actual WC childhood.

(No comment from me on the politics of wesmate šŸ‰.)

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.