Jack Monroe #510 Simply The guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She must be a smol pixie like Jack because looking at what she buys in a week, and what she eats in a day, those portions must be bleeping miniscule.

But you know, the poors can shop for sixpence a week if only they exist on 14 calories per meal like these ladies.
My breakfast waffle when we got off the train this morning was more the €11. Jack is going to sue me isnt she 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She really must be barmier than previously imagined if she thinks for one millisecond anyone would take her squeaking 'I'll sue you! I've got a lawyer!' remotely seriously 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Perhaps it got Photoshopped out, but I don't see anything disfigured about either of guest's legs in that bikini photo.

I was also just reading a story from a few months ago about how the Tories are cutting funding that supports youth centres in South London, and putting that money into building more prisons. These centres give young people from troubled homes a safe place to hang out, plus teach them life skills like applying for jobs. And the centres also feed them since many of them don't get nutritional meals at home. Perhaps Ms. 100 Hours A Week Activist would like to do some Tweeting about that, instead of making up conversations with non-existent baes and posting ridiculous photos of herself.
This is what always confuses me, we know she has birthmarks on her legs because it was verified by Mama E in a Facebook comment but you can never see it in pics (ok could be photoshopped) but also she’s had videos of her legs and you can’t see it those either - and I don’t think she’s good enough at editing to edit it out of a video.

Are they all (incl her family) making a massive fuss out of something that’s actually tiny and barely noticeable? If it was enough for presumably NHS laser treatment at GOSH I’d expect it to be blatantly obvious tbh but it really doesn’t seem to be.

ETA: tbh I wouldn’t really consider a birthmark on your leg to be a disfigurement anyway unless it’s truly extreme and I think we can be fairly confident Jack’s isn’t based on what we’ve seen of her legs. The one she apparently had on her face that laser treatment got rid of probably fits in that category because face stuff is way more sensitive but I’ve never considered my back disfigured just because I’ve got a biggish birthmark (about the size of Mr B’s palm) between my shoulder blades.

Last edited:
Reactions: 39
Jack is clearly absolutely fewmin that Phil is getting all the attention on tattle. CHAOS INCOMING.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I have heard that the company taking over The Hut group has realised My Protein is the only profitable arm of the company, and their prices are though the roof with a DFS sale element thrown in. When I put a scoop of flavoured whey in my breakfast porridge I definitely stay fuller for longer but as said you aren't buying that if you're trying to spend under £100 a month on groceries.
Ah, she must live next door to JM. There's puddle Salmon, Tuna and protein powder/oats/bread/rice, chicken apparently flying in through the window and offering itself up for meals and miraculous yellow stickers that just happen to be for the things that cost the most, leaving her with just the cost of the eggs and a few scraps of carb based snacks, also reduced to clear. And no seasonings beyond a single taco kit (reduced, obviously) or healthy/otherwise fats or oils.

Would still be more edible, but equally fantastical.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Been a while since we last saw a "people who complain about guest aren't actually human" tweet...

Screenshot from 2023-05-30 18-17-30.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Woah woah woah lets not denigrate Dr Dr Jack Monroe's academic achievements, book tokens and all.
Xanthe Clay coming in hot with the understatement of all time.

IMG_9266.jpeg

Jack Monroe, perpetually, peripatetically, psephologically and perpendicularly unable to reascend to the lofty heights of “early promise” of a £5 book token prize at age 11.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Do we have a grown up present who is:

A) Able to start a thread
B) Able to work out what the title should be

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I poked my head into the PS thread on Saturday and there was all sorts of borderline and the-line-is-a-dot-to-them homophobia being thrown about so I ducked out.

surprised guest is keeping so quiet about it all tho.

Reactions: 28
Xanthe Clay coming in hot with the understatement of all time.

View attachment 2206393

Jack Monroe, perpetually, peripatetically, psephologically and perpendicularly unable to reascend to the lofty heights of “early promise” of a £5 book token prize at age 11.
Why am I always under the impression that I am reading American fiction when I read some of her stuff?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 2206023

(thank you Marmalade for screenshot)

I did note that thie above is technically Grey Jumper v2 as there seems to have been an original grey jumper. I wonder what happened to it.

Also I never noticed that was a rag rug. I love rag rugs and have a couple that a family member made for me. 🍕 They have a really interesting history too. But I would not let one of them go anywhere near my kitchen, because when I do remember to shake them out, the amount of shite (not literally) that lurks amongst the fabricky tendrils is horrifying.
This is the infamous rug of doom
8A26F110-368A-486C-A02F-EBEA2DF6C747.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.