Jack Monroe #510 Simply The guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Round here 'wingman' specifically means your pulling bezzie whose job is to big you up to whoever you're chasing which puts an even more vommy spin on it all. Visions of her on the pull 'accidentally' pulling her women of the year award out when she's rooting for her makeup bag.
I can just picture guest circling her prey in Vodka Revs, before charging over and shouting "PEOPLE SAY MY FANNY TASTES LIKE MONSTER MUNCH HAHAHAHAHA".

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Phew, I’m back from the Scrotefield threads….what a ride!!! 🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣

I see our Jackie will be in the midst of a come down, can’t wait for The Despair tweets later.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Either that or she’s realised he might actually read it assuming he exists and be like, that conversation never happened and I’m not your best friend I’m just the Deliveroo guy, how many times are we having this conversation?!
Ha, x-posting from the Bex Kitchen thread, but it was probably the barman being polite/charming.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ll be interested to see if her own child goes to uni. She will earn too much for him to get any financial help so he would be stuck with huge debt to go.
Another subject area I’m sure she will avoid talking about that affects people in poverty and social mobility.
Possibly not in 5 years time the way her slow, steady cancellation is happening...

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She didn’t grow up working class, and she never ever lacked opportunities.

She had plenty of opportunities - seriously, so so so many more opportunities than me and my siblings and mates, so many more opportunities than any of the other little wronguns I saw the other day when I went to Southend - but she was just too lazy to capitalise on them (evidenced by her recent history, but also back when she was a teenager and thought she was too special to make any effort at school).

Imagine having all the privilege she’s always had, and still feeling like you’ve been hard done by. Imagine having a portfolio landlord for a grandad (and then a portfolio landlord for a dad), whilst pretending you have no access to funds or help; then imagine grifting hundreds of thousands of pounds off well-meaning people, and still trying to make out like you know what it’s like to be poor.

I actually can’t imagine it. If I was Jack, I’d be quietly living life grateful for all the things I had, the chances for travel and education, the comfortable upbringing, the caring family, the security of knowing I’d inherit a decent whack of money one day. If I’d developed a passion for helping people worse off than me I’d, well, as mithered elsewhere, I’d probably train in human rights law and actually DO things to help people. (Or work in housing advocacy and support services 😉) Her attitudes and experiences are so far outside the realm of what I consider normal, I just can’t imagine living like her.
Every word of this, tender ❤.
The missing/missed opportunities are the ones she gleefully spaffed - through laziness and the belief that life should present her with everything she desires because she's special.
Using her reach on SM is only used to help herself to other people's money, certainly not to help the povs. Despicable.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The only thing you need to remember to make sense of what Jack will and won't do in campaigning is this- anything that feathers her nest with cash or kudos is in; anything without direct benefit to her is out.

Reactions: 24
Miguel coming up on Steph’s Packed Lunch, with a new book out.

Reports of screaming in the Southend area.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’ll be interested to see if her own child goes to uni. She will earn too much for him to get any financial help so he would be stuck with huge debt to go.
Another subject area I’m sure she will avoid talking about that affects people in poverty and social mobility.
It doesn't matter how much she earns for him to access full tuition fee loans and the minimum maintenance loan under the current system.

Of course this still presents barriers for working class families and those who want to live away from home in expensive cities where families can't support, but it won't be an issue for SB who has a Mum with 2 doctorates and will have got loans for her own university nutrition degree.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Phew, I’m back from the Scrotefield threads….what a ride!!! 🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣

I see our Jackie will be in the midst of a come down, can’t wait for The Despair tweets later.
Me too. Those threads are moving so quick I haven't got time to have lunch!

I never though I would say I was coming back to the Jack Monroe threads because they are moving slow enough to read.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Irrelevant as it’s the household income of the parent the child resides with - so it’ll be dad’s retail job flogging sausage roles for the nations favourite sausage roll vendor that would be assessed if eligible for enhanced maintenance.

Reactions: 18
If he lives with his dad the majority of the time, as we all suspect, he’ll be assessed on his income not Jack’s. Even if it is 50-50, assuming his dad earns less than Jack, he can put his dad down as the parent he’s dependent on and would be daft not to.

Reactions: 21
She probably hasn’t even thought about putting money aside for his uni. And even if his future did cross her mind for a minute, she’ll just assume she can do a massive tin rattle along with sad faced pictures of SB and get the comments club to fund it all. It won’t occur to her that the never ending pot of Patreon money might end one day, or that in five years time she’ll be a middle aged woman and far fewer blokes will be wanking over her.

I think some of the reason why she’s a terrible financial planner is that she’s expecting a huge inheritance. Not realising that once care fees and taxes are taken out and it’s divided between four, it’s not going to be some massive windfall.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
Of course, there are still routes into higher education for people who don't do the A levels > Uni pipeline, including access courses, the OU etc. But of course, guest couldn't just do an access course and see where it would take her, she had to spin a whole load of bollocks about how she was doing two degrees at the same time and going to retrain as a the bestest teacher in all the world - which, of course, was all nonsense and never happened Someone will have the receipts for this - it was such ridiculous show-off "oh gosh poor smol me I'm taking on so much it it will be so hard but I'm determined!" bullshit on her blog. She hasn't even managed to do a decent online course in nutrition, as far as I can tell, which is shocking but unsurprising.
Hard to teach or show anyone anything when they know it all dear heart...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
But of course, actually doing something useful isnt on the radar becasue shes surrounded by enablers who ignore the sense of entitlement she has. They ignore alll the, quite frankly batshit crazy stuff she does and tweets. “Oh its just how she is”. No it bleeping isnt. She’s been allowed to turn into this monster becasue the behaviour has been normalised and not picked up on!
Disagree with BIB! She’s always been like that, well before she got a media profile, it’s not a new characteristic she’s developed since getting a taste of fame. Yes, the enablers enable her and should absolutely be dissed for that, but they didn’t create her. She’s always treated people like crap, and centred herself, and wanted to be the centre of attention. That is just how she is.

The enablers don’t recognise her for what she is (or some of them, Kath Viner I’m looking at you love, just don’t care what she is) so they celebrate whatever batshit crazy self-obsessed stuff she comes out with.

But the batshit crazy self-obsessed stuff is the one consistent thing about her. That’s the truest representation of the egocentric liar she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Disagree with BIB! She’s always been like that, well before she got a media profile, it’s not a new characteristic she’s developed since getting a taste of fame. Yes, the enablers enable her and should absolutely be dissed for that, but they didn’t create her. She’s always treated people like crap, and centred herself, and wanted to be the centre of attention. That is just how she is.

The enablers don’t recognise her for what she is (or some of them, Kath Viner I’m looking at you love, just don’t care what she is) so they celebrate whatever batshit crazy self-obsessed stuff she comes out with.

But the batshit crazy self-obsessed stuff is the one consistent thing about her. That’s the truest representation of the egocentric liar she is.
I keep forgetting that you have had the pleasure misfortune!

How can St Dave have allowed her to turn into this grifting monster? 😡

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.