Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what about The Eels and The Pig Head?

Reactions: 22
Yes. And she was insistent he was racist. One of the characters was a teacher called Miss Tutelage and had curly hair. Jack went on an absolute meltdown on Twitter and his representatives released a statement saying that the character wasn't black.
I think Jack assumed she was black because she'd never heard the word 'tutelage' before and therefore assumed it had something to do with Desmond Tutu. Not even joking.

Reactions: 70
I think Jack assumed she was black because she'd never heard the word 'tutelage' before and therefore assumed it had something to do with Desmond Tutu. Not even joking.
I think it was that combined with a dodgy drawing and Walliams racist history (little Britain and come fly with me) that just so happened to have been a topic of discussion on the hellsite at the time. She put two and two together and made 75 as normal trying to jump on something she thought would go viral.

Reactions: 40
I am currently reading a david walliams with one of my kids. Mr stink. There is so many similarties to her and the mum its unreal. What time is her appearance today?

Reactions: 18
I am currently reading a david walliams with one of my kids. Mr stink. There is so many similarties to her and the mum its unreal. What time is her appearance today?
Jack is on Monday bank holiday at 1pm.

Eta The same time as David Walliams on the big stage Apparently trolls have bought all his tickets to make it look like it has sold out.
---
Fortunately there is an alternative. Jack Monroe tickets available. Trolls, you missed a trick there. Nice small stage, so there will be a good view.

Last edited:
Reactions: 39
That was it! Someone on the hellsite said it was like saying Mrs Bread is a baker, Miss Tutelage is a teacher. Jack kicked off saying that's not what it meant and Walliams was racist. Then someone suggested she look up the word 'Tutelage ' and it was absolutely hilarious.

Reactions: 62
Looks like the trolls are all skint after last week, what a shame.
(There is one more also sold out but won't fit on screen)

Reactions: 51
Sounds as though they vet the audience more than the panel! I bet Jack wouldn't pass that test.
My husband, who watches QT has reported that Jack will be on next week. He has very little idea who she is and doesn't know why she has been invited, but says he will be watching with a can of beans and waiting instructions.

My husband, who watches QT has reported that Jack will be on next week. He has very little idea who she is and doesn't know why she has been invited, but says he will be watching with a can of beans and waiting instructions.
Don't forget the hoops!

Reactions: 15
I've just been back to thread 39 after the tip and made it to thread 44. I'm angry all over again. The David Walliams is her at her snarky know it all/actually knows nothing best. And I ended up with the demise of the kitten. I think I need to go for a shower.
The whole thing is so infuriating isn't it. Lots of people 3 years ago saying this must be the thing that finishes her and nothing ever does. Nothing ever will

Reactions: 49
There's loads of great screenshots on that thread of squigs calling out Jack's pile on behaviour. Beautiful to see
I'm not a Walliams fan, but Jack is vindictive and totally bitter of anyone else's success. It's a big theme with her. Half of her pile ons don't even make sense. What prompted the Jamie Oliver hate? What's her problem with Kerridge? Does she not see that these people are all more popular than her?

Reactions: 47
These people are all white men and therefore privileged and undeserving of their success, irregardless of their talent and hard work*, whereas she is a smol poor working class ouchie trans lesbian single mother who deserves to be famous because she deserves it, irregardless of her lack of talent and hard work.

*I think Walliams can Fuck off with his lazy children's books and punching down comedy, but the man has put in the effort. I doubt he turns in book copy a year late, turns up late to events or wastes hours on nonsense busywork...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.