Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’ll have the sleeves rolled up so you can recognise her…

OT, I’ve been in the QT audience during the Dimbleby Days and it was a reasonably intense selection for essentially “tickets to watch a tv recording”. During selection, I was asked about current affairs, if I voted regularly & explain why I’d voted the way I had & thoughts. I was also asked about my question for the panel & why I would ask.

Pre show David D met the audience & explained the process & “whipped” us all up in polite QT frenzy & then off we went with a starter question for the panel that wasn’t recorded but the show went out “live” after that.

The audience - while you may disagree with their comments / views - is passionate about being there & want to challenge / ask questions. You can’t bluff a gig like this… x
Sounds as though they vet the audience more than the panel! I bet Jack wouldn't pass that test.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
She’ll have the sleeves rolled up so you can recognise her…

OT, I’ve been in the QT audience during the Dimbleby Days and it was a reasonably intense selection for essentially “tickets to watch a tv recording”. During selection, I was asked about current affairs, if I voted regularly & explain why I’d voted the way I had & thoughts. I was also asked about my question for the panel & why I would ask.

Pre show David D met the audience & explained the process & “whipped” us all up in polite QT frenzy & then off we went with a starter question for the panel that wasn’t recorded but the show went out “live” after that.

The audience - while you may disagree with their comments / views - is passionate about being there & want to challenge / ask questions. You can’t bluff a gig like this… x
It’s really good fun isn’t it? when we went it was the week of the Labour Party conference in Manchester, my sister & husband had applied to go and in the screening questions they ask you who you vote for. They had been honest and put labour, which I imagine 98% of the applicants had. She got rejected, so Mr D and me were like, they are gonna want some tories and Lib Dem’s in that audience so on ours we lied and said conservative and Lib Dem and we got in…wrote this before seeing @Jumpstart did the same 👍🏻 Was a top tip if anyone was considering a night with Jack and Fiona Bruce.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I’m behind, but it has to be said.
I was very very ill the days around that Stroud bullshit (my new medication was making me projectile vomit all over the cunting place) and that tweet from the dipshit squig who said they *shudders* ‘scarfed’ down a *shudders* ‘Sainsbos’ reduced ready meal before the talk actually made me feel physically sick.
That word is like nails on a chalk board for me and whenever I think about it my teeth hurt.
Bloody disgusting cretin anyway, thinking that was a good example of food poverty. Bloody godshite.

Woooooh feel much better now, on with your weekend ninnies 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
It’s really good fun isn’t it? when we went it was the week of the Labour Party conference in Manchester, my sister & husband had applied to go and in the screening questions they ask you who you vote for. They had been honest and put labour, which I imagine 98% of the applicants had. She got rejected, so Mr D and me were like, they are gonna want some tories and Lib Dem’s in that audience so on ours we lied and said conservative and Lib Dem and we got in…wrote this before seeing @Jumpstart did the same 👍🏻 Was a top tip if anyone was considering a night with Jack and Fiona Bruce.
Absolutely 👍🏼 if any local Fraus fancy a good night & it’s fun spotting yourself doing some politically based polite clapping & nodding later on TV.

I was also on a NW QT & it was as a huge story (still relevant now) was breaking so fascinating time!

Dimbleby was lovely & chatted afterwards with the audience x

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Welcome to the Monrollacoaster tenderstem.

Love your user name - is it a tribute to the Brambly Mice that savaged poor Coopsy’s nose? Or the shed mice that pee, poo and nibble on the boxes of Jack’s books in the bungamansion outbuildings?
They also (rather conveniently) nibbled up all of the attached paperwork that came with the neon sign she put up on her wall, which was delivered to her house by a mysterious benefactor and definitely NOT purchased with her ill gotten gains. Because said mice obliterated the papers, she honestly has no idea who it's from. Definitely. Honestly.

Welcome aboard!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Sounds as though they vet the audience more than the panel! I bet Jack wouldn't pass that test.
Absolutely x

Wondering if the researchers are even lazier than Jack. The most cursory glance at her Twitter would reveal that she is totally unsuited to being on QT. Even if you manage to miss the total bin fire of her mentions and just look at what she has tweeted, there's nothing relevant. She hasn't even been pretending to be political recently.

Or if they're not that lazy and all they're bothered about is generating buzz and controversy, that's even worse. I'm not going to repeat all the dubious claims Jack has made about herself, but there are multiple red flags from a safeguarding perspective.

I can't be bothered to complain to the BBC and I won't watch it (I'll just see what you lovelies have to say about it). But if was the sort of person who was minded to make a complaint, it would be the multiple addictions and other 'vulnerabilities' I would highlight.

Reactions: 29
I’m hoping the QT appearance goes 2 ways:

1. She shows her lack of knowledge on anything and SM is full of people questioning her stupidity.
2. SM is going to be full of the PayPal scam and loads of people are now going to read it and it will be more widely known.

Reactions: 24
Just saying hello.

I'm new here but have been circling like a vulture for some time. The JM threads are like life's blood to me. Came for the goss, stayed for the witty thread titles and the pure joy of the company. Probably won't post much (for a while, anyway) but wanted to greet you all. Am ridiculously excited . . . :p
Welcome 😊. Are you joining us from the mums' forum?

Reactions: 21
Saw this on the hellsite, did guest actually say that Walliams books were ghost written and that she had proof that he didn’t write them or just that he had imbibed a lot of coke when he wrote them?

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Saw this on the hellsite, did guest actually say that Walliams books were ghost written and that she had proof that he didn’t write them or just that he had imbibed a lot of coke when he wrote them?
Yes. And she was insistent he was racist. One of the characters was a teacher called Miss Tutelage and had curly hair. Jack went on an absolute meltdown on Twitter and his representatives released a statement saying that the character wasn't black.
Jack however just doubled down and then sobered up and deleted all the tweets.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
If guest had some ghosts to write her books they might not be so crap

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I’m hoping the QT appearance goes 2 ways:

1. She shows her lack of knowledge on anything and SM is full of people questioning her stupidity.
2. SM is going to be full of the PayPal scam and loads of people are now going to read it and it will be more widely known.
The best will be if people who have no idea who she is start commenting about her. A bit like the confusion she created on DKL.

Although there is a risk she just sticks to some lukewarm "Tories r bad" takes and twitter lap it up.

Reactions: 19
Have never watched QT, but LADS I AM WELL bleeping EXCITE FOR THIS. Gonna have tattle and the hellsite open and do a live honkalong.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
They also (rather conveniently) nibbled up all of the attached paperwork that came with the neon sign she put up on her wall, which was delivered to her house by a mysterious benefactor and definitely NOT purchased with her ill gotten gains. Because said mice obliterated the papers, she honestly has no idea who it's from. Definitely. Honestly.

Welcome aboard!
That's one of my favourite lies that Jack has told 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
That's one of my favourite lies that Jack has told 😂

Welcome aboard!
🎶🎶 We will grift it, we will grift it 🎶
FA3ABA11-8ACB-4708-8890-19E3D07A0DF9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.