Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some of the anti-jacks are obsessed 🤷🏼‍♀️ and a Jack is a big old manipulator
That may be the case, but the points made by the sock came across as completely reasonable. Anyone on the fence would, in my view, easily be swayed towards voting for Jack, not against her.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
That may be the case, but the points made by the sock came across as completely reasonable. Anyone on the fence would, in my view, easily be swayed towards voting for Jack, not against her.
Well maybe Jack herself will make the same points somewhere, but too many people are through the looking glass now.

Reactions: 19
Maybe. Then they could see all the actual evidence that she’s a liar and a fraud. Or not. If they’re inclined to believe her, they will do. But anyone with any sense will see the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Tingly lube = not suitable for bumming.
If she had any sense she'd do full confession/apology and beg for a clean slate tomorrow when an avalanche of lurid details come out. Her very modest celebrity status would mean it would get very little coverage and she could try to move on.
I think that she tried this route in her Guardian interview. She "came clean." What she didn't understand was that fessing up didn't mean she could laugh about stealing and shopping as she chatted with a reporter and move on, no harm, no foul.

Instead, she admitted her fraud and tried to avoid responsibility by creating her tramadol narrative. No signs of reflection or insight or regret or sorrow or empathy for anyone except herself. No radically honest self inventory. She profoundly misunderstood what truth entailed.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Ofc jack thinks she's a good person. If she had the ability to objectively see herself she wouldn't be taking up space not rightfully hers with a phony backstory. She's done some shockingly vile things and you don't have to forgive someone who isn't sorry.

Reactions: 39
1685216747427.png

from the likes ... but I have a question. When, in the last ten years, could you get a lasagne from a supermarket for 'less than a quid' (yellow stickers excepted)?

ETA I've not made a lasagne often, because I am lazy and if we're going to have it I buy pre-made (for more than a quid), but I don't remember it ever taking up EVERY PAN or turning my kitchen into a desolate wasteland. At most three - one for the beschamel, baking dish for the lasagne, one for the meat mix.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I’ve no doubt Jack thinks she’s a good hearted campaigner who does so much for the voiceless disabled poor community.

Problem is she WANTS to be seen to be doing so much good that it’s only a mere inconvenience that she doesn’t actually do much good and skims as much off the top as she can because she’s a natural grifter with a huge superiority complex and believes she deserves it because look, she does so much good(!!??)

It’s a whole lot to unpack. But she’ll never voluntarily close her Patreon as she genuinely cannot let the trolls and haters win (aka the people who see straight through her & question her). And she’s TERRIFIED of being normal, anonymous, works for a living.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Of course Jack likes Jack! She never means to mess everything up, it’s just that she repeatedly makes the same mistakes again and again. And somehow fails to deliver on things people pay good money to her for.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
View attachment 2200119

from the likes ... but I have a question. When, in the last ten years, could you get a lasagne from a supermarket for 'less than a quid' (yellow stickers excepted)?

ETA I've not made a lasagne often, because I am lazy and if we're going to have it I buy pre-made (for more than a quid), but I don't remember it ever taking up EVERY PAN or turning my kitchen into a desolate wasteland. At most three - one for the beschamel, baking dish for the lasagne, one for the meat mix.
You could get microwave lasagne for £1 or less, but it was basically a single serving so not really comparable with a proper lasagne that could serve a family.

Reactions: 20
Is there an adult around to do a new thread? Come on guys, drag yourselves away from the PS chaos and sort us out !! 😂
Yeah tbf whilst it’s quiet on here I’ve been sl*gging it on the Philth threads and it’s been joyous. Hoping for a similar fraud based cancellation for JM but I genuinely don’t think she’s famous enough for most people to give a sh*t. Getting cancelled by PayPal, Patreon or the HMRC would do for me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I know a lot of us found these threads (and Tattle) as a result of curiosity about the PS story way back in the plague days. It feels good to see the old instinct pay off and the story broken to the wider public. More transparent days are coming, hopefully, and less blind trust in public figures.
Yes, totally. I heard rumours about Philip and came on here for a nosy then randomly clicked on the limewire THAT MAN post. As I’m a bit of a JO fan I read through and was shocked and then followed the thread and then lockdown one happened and DKL came on and the rest was history,
I vaguely knew who she was before and it was always in the back of my mind… why did you let your child starve rather than phone your mum and dad?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Do all of her "recipes" have the phonetic spelling, like soh-san-yah?

What a patronising bum-bah-lay-ray

• Haha
I suspect that Jack thought that from spending so much time together that shattenstone was her mate and would write a nice story about her. And that all that stuff about her wasting other people's money was bad but would be forgiven - as shown by the choice of photograph, ha ha ha, here I am in all the money those trolls claim I have.

Now admittedly shattenstone could been a lot harder on her, but I'm guessing she was probably shocked that he didn't take "her" side in the story he wrote.

• Haha
  • Heart
View attachment 2200119

I can't do this again 😭 😭 😭

Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 21.51.14.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
😡 THE END!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.