Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just know Fiona Bruce will introduce her as the creator of the Violently Biblical Indices and my aneurysm will be complete.
That would justify a complaint under their editorial standards of accuracy etc.

You would hope between now and then a researcher does some err......research
---
Let’s hope the do an 'have I got news for you' and replace her with a tub of lard 🤭
No, would need to be a bowl of rinsed hoops or that bowl of grey

• Haha
Reactions: 23
gah! it could go so wrong for her that she gets a load of pity work from well meaning people

And the cycle begins :/

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Ooh la la what a week of anticipation in store, the Hellsite is getting ready, prepare yourself BBC, an onslaught of criticism is coming your way

The Hellsite speaks….

338712DD-D720-4B37-A21B-256E7C5B9F25.jpeg
9F849B6C-79A2-4A2B-B321-81A4DFED8B2E.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Dear ❤ I am not going to have this conversation on this thread and have already apologised for my comment. But wine had been taken and I was frustrated that there are 4 girls pictured in that article and only the one 2 feet taller than the others with an Adam's apple gets named. Apologies again for any offence given or taken xx
I understand why people might find the article - and the project in general - condescending. The cheery tone is frustrating when it's talking about e.g. a mother of 3 using foodbanks and cooking with a kettle. It's shocking that this is so widespread in one of the world's richest countries.

But unless I misread your OP, I did think it was taking an unnecessary jab at a (possibly?) trans person. I think Sophie was named because the project was her idea, that's all.

No hard feelings towards you, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m so bitterly disappointed with this latest news. She’s coasting along doing ok and living off free money. I’m so close to deleting my account and blocking myself from here as I genuinely can’t put up with seeing her get away with it all the time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
It really is a total piss take that she's STILL getting air time. Just what does it take to get these scammers out of the public eye? There's enough proof all over the place now wtf

Reactions: 35
When people say she's created the Viciously Banal Indeeds, why doesn't anyone seem to ask where it is/to see it/for an example? If I went around saying I'd invented the OBD, that's Obvious Bullshit Detector, people would be like Oh and where can I find that? OK but where is it???

Cos otherwise it's just an idea?

I'd be pissed off if I was a Pratchett!

Reactions: 37
Surely the BBC wouldn't invite her on as the creator of the universe Veiny Bollock Index without first asking for a copy??

SHANT not being an acceptable reply obviously

Reactions: 29
I feel like I'm in some sort of time warp. This is like a new form of the 70's/80's when some celeb had done something hideous and was on all the front pages of the red tops, then they went on all the chat shows and eventually everyone said 'Awwww. They aren't so bad'. ITV are still trying to do this. Huh.

Jack will be like the Bernard Manning of the povs getting wheeled out on the after dinner circuit 😂.
Quite a few TV corporations live in the past, they still allow abuse to go on in full plain sight . Abuse takes all forms and MEGA GRIFTING is abuse of power, celeb power, but power still the same because her power is enabled by TV corporations!!!! Vicious enabling circle! Vulnerable people mostly fall for this type of grifting for who else would fund these so called celebs lifestyles.

The media needs to read the room !!

Reactions: 24
When people say she's created the Viciously Banal Indeeds, why doesn't anyone seem to ask where it is/to see it/for an example? If I went around saying I'd invented the OBD, that's Obvious Bullshit Detector, people would be like Oh and where can I find that? OK but where is it???

Cos otherwise it's just an idea?

I'd be pissed off if I was a Pratchett!
Economists have repeatedly said it will not exist because it does not show up in the data. She must realise whatever homespun rubbish she produces will immediately be leaped upon and the rinky-dink methodology pulled apart. Plus she's a lazy cow who hasn't done a full day of work in years, possibly ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I'd always be wary of assigning a number to how much money Jack solicited from the Lee Anderson court case beg a year ago.

We know she took plenty and we know she isn't spending it on a legal case. That in and of itself is enough. It could be a tenner (it isn't) and it could be £100k. Or anywhere in between. It doesn't matter. She took it and she isn't suing. And she isn't giving it back.

Reactions: 48
I saw something pop up in my timeline earlier of a screenshot of reply she made but not to anyone I follow (or posted by anyone I follow). I stupidly didn’t grab it there & then as it seemed fairly innocuous but when I went to check her account & then the tweep she’d replied to, hers had disappeared & I can’t find/remember who had posted the screenshot. As the OP has less than 1,000 followers (& not even one of the usual suspects), I can’t post their handle here so it may be lost to the mists of time, I’m afraid.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.