Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe some sorted of coded language could be created using sniffs? One sniff for yes, two means she’s lying, three sniffs you’re going to ask a question, four sniffs abort operation, cover blown, type of thing 🥸
Mix in a few *Cough* Bullshit *cough*...

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Coming from behind to say that I am afraid the QT appearance is a bit of a coup for guest. The format is not designed to allow interrogation of the panellists and, while a few snipes may find their way in, I suspect anything more challenging will be quickly sat on. It does however lend itself to vaccuous grandstanding, which is on of her few talents.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
I agree. The more exposure she gets the more people wake up. She's got away with it because she slips under the radar. Most people have little idea of her, if they've even heard of her at all. Because of the way she controls the narrative with the poverty tweets and dirty deletes she can get away with it.
We only know the story because we are a hive mind. All of us have brought a tiny bit to the table and made the big picture. Someone on their own reading one tweet about £20 budget with no context about the rest of her life would never realise.
That's why DKL was so brilliant (or terrible). She was on telly every single day being nasty, snarky and just tit at cooking. She was on primetime TV when the entire country was at home watching her. She couldn't control her image and pissing off Matt Tebbut was just icing on the cake.
I want her to be on live telly. I don't watch reality shows but I'd take annual leave to sit and watch her all day on celebrity BB.
Absolutely this. She's was at the periphery of my mind up until the big That Man kick off. I'd followed her on and off on twitter, found her mostly annoying with some tall tales but I didn't closely follow her and I had no reason to doubt that her cooking credentials (until I bought a book and then I sort of thought, perhaps its me). I had no idea about the kickstarter until joining here, for example or the extensive inconsistencies.

I would LOVE her to be on CBB or Strictly. She wouldn't last long but my god it would be TV gold.

Reactions: 26
Do you think Jack knows who the other guests are? Someone on here said Chris Patten was one, that leaves three more.

Reactions: 19
Oh I’m so excited for a watchalong it’s been ages. And we’ve got lots of time to plan a Jack Bingo
- laughs maniacally
- picks nose/checks phone
- serious glasses
-pov jumper
- sarky sulky voice
- pre-planned “zinger” or ”soundbite”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Oh I’m so excited for a watchalong it’s been ages. And we’ve got lots of time to plan a Jack Bingo
- laughs maniacally
- serious glasses
-pov jumper
- sarky sulky voice
- totally misunderstands the question
- snifffff

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Oh, this is so rubbish. Not you all, just this continuation of Jack Monroe not being wiped off the internet.

On what planet is any festival, let alone "news" media, still buying her BS? Me. Because I like to control the elephants in the room. Villain laugh.

Love
Rupert "maddog" Murdoch

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Can I add 'says something edgy but ultimately it's a meaningless soundbite' to the QT bingo?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
- laughs maniacally
- serious glasses
-pov jumper
- sarky sulky voice
A short outburst à la...
- He's DEAD
- She LEFT
- I'm BUSY

Also a blog post or Twitter thread about a week later with a pitying retort to some criticism she receives

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Haven't caught up with the last 10 pages but oh my days. Jack must have been the last name in the hat for QT!

I very rarely watch it as I can't stand Fiona Bruce. The only times it was on my radar was if my dad was around, because he used to go into one of his brilliant sweary rages at it, never heard him drop so many C-bombs in an hour. I'll be tuning in with wine and popcorn next week though!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Do you think Jack knows who the other guests are? Someone on here said Chris Patten was one, that leaves three more.
The contrast between Patten and guest will be quite something: lower middle-class Tory wet, the last governor of Hong Kong, reformer of the police in NI, EU commissioner, chair of the BBC Trust, chancellor of the university of Oxford. Famed as a supreme pragmatist and diplomat.

Will guest claim that he told her to shut her legs? Chuck a glass of water at his hearing aid? Get up and try to deck him?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
- laughs maniacally
- serious glasses
-pov jumper
- sarky sulky voice
- dramatic pause

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Perhaps she'll do a Trump Jr and have a sharpener to deal with the nerves and end up saying the quiet bit out loud. We can but hope

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Can I add 'says something edgy but ultimately it's a meaningless soundbite' to the QT bingo?
It'll be something utterly absurd that she'll look insufferably smug about, as everyone just shrugs.

"Rees-Mogg? More like... Jacob Real-Smog. Like from the factories in the poor towns that all closed down. *honk* Thank you very Fiona much *sniff*"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
- totally misunderstands the question
- snifffff
“Death on your hands”
“When I was in poverty”
“As a working class…”
“I regularly volunteer at foodbanks”
“I receive hundreds of letters from people every day”

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.