Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well guest is only a teeny tiny, smol four foot nothing pixielady, she can't reach the syrup shelf in the Smeg without ascending up its dizzying heights.
Have we found a condition she hasn't adopted yet? Vertigo?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
That's pretty much how it reads......the tort of libel is not really the main issue. That's long and well established and while Sir Mark( as was) explains very clearly WHY he felt what he did, the amount of the judgement taken up with having to explain how twitter worked (even to the point his poor clerk had to write an appendix) and how his job had been made that much harder by dirty deletes/stuff not being available because of same. The claimant comes off looking worse in the judgement because of the "oh I did this and forgot" etc.

I was surprised that none of her many medical conditions were presented to the court (with diagnosis from people with an actual doctorate) to strengthen her case 🤔

It's not the landmark she makes out to be. For legal students it's a "if you are running a libel trial and your client has done this, run away"
It was her junior barrister who wrote the Twitter-explaining appendix. I know Greg socially 🍉 and know that it got him quite a lot of positive attention and put a bit of a rocket under his career. Jack was so incredibly lucky in almost every aspect of that lawsuit, from Mark Lewis picking it up onwards - while KH did almost everything wrong. There was virtually no chance of things going so well for her against Anderson & Daubney if she had gone ahead with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Have we found a condition she hasn't adopted yet? Vertigo?
Vertigo doesn't have any oppression points unfortunately. But there is the heart condition, which I guess may have some similar symptoms, and which resulted in the Great Tomato Tragedy, complete with Dishy Junior Doctor.

Or vitiligo.
She already has co-opted several skin conditions, dearheart. There's the leg birthmarks, which are all but invisible after her parents kindly sought treatment for her, which she greatly resents them for because they unaccountably refused to get their legs tattooed with birthmarks in solidarity.

There is also the loose skin on hands (dunno what fancy medical name for this might be. Cheirodermo Crinklyitis?) caused by being premature, and Cypriot.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
It was her junior barrister who wrote the Twitter-explaining appendix. I know Greg socially 🍉 and know that it got him quite a lot of positive attention and put a bit of a rocket under his career. Jack was so incredibly lucky in almost every aspect of that lawsuit, from Mark Lewis picking it up onwards - while KH did almost everything wrong. There was virtually no chance of things going so well for her against Anderson & Daubney if she had gone ahead with it.
Ah fair play to him! I assumed it was Warby J's clerk who had the misfortune. He did a damn fine job as I've used it it many a PowerPoint/training session. Next time you see him, buy him a large beverage with my compliments for making it make sense

And you are spot on with the latest "libel". Especially if the previous case was referred to and the behaviour (you know which bits I mean) were referred to..

He has my sympathy for (a) having met her and (b) being described as lovely by her 😂

Reactions: 18
There is also the loose skin on hands (dunno what fancy medical name for this might be. Cheirodermo Crinklyitis?) caused by being premature, and Cypriot.
How could I forget about that? Imagining the skin flapping around like an elephant's ears.. Blurgh.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
How could I forget about that? Imagining the skin flapping around like an elephant's ears.. Blurgh.
Indeed, how could you forget? You cruel Cheirophobe.

There we were, all of us bigots, thinking that her hands were just dirty from plunging them repeatedly into grated corned beef. But no - our eyes decieved us and it was in fact loose skin, a tragic reminder of the much suffering Jack has been through.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Indeed, how could you forget? You cruel Cheirophobe.

There we were, all of us bigots, thinking that her hands were just dirty from plunging them repeatedly into grated corned beef. But no - our eyes decieved us and it was in fact loose skin, a tragic reminder of the much suffering Jack has been through.

Who remembers the Tragedy dance? I think this should be our Saturday Night Dance.
---
I've not noticed those diamond earrings before. Spenny.
I was too distracted by the dalmatian print and that hair - did she do it herself? What kind of evil hairdresser would style someone like that?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I see Chris Packham (who has an official autism diagnosis) has just won a libel case. Countdown to guest claiming she receives faeces (as opposed to creating them) and having a car (not a Tesla) set on fire outside the bungamansion in 3…2…1…
Ooh that Chris Packham case looks interesting.
All about fund raising possibly under false pretences 😬 He won his case but obviously things like this are now being scrutinised closely.
Jack really is flying close to the sun with her Sue Lee behaviour imo.

Reactions: 33
Ooh that Chris Packham case looks interesting.
All about fund raising possibly under false pretences 😬 He won his case but obviously things like this are now being scrutinised closely.
Jack really is flying close to the sun with her Sue Lee behaviour imo.
In this case I believe the magazine was being genuinely malicious with those claims. By that I mean they were out to damage Chris Packham's reputation due to his position on environmental issues and fox hunting, among other things. The magazine are extremely right-wing, with links to the Conservatives. I don't think they were interested in shining a light on scammers.

Reactions: 36
Mrs @stunrw woukd like to speak to you because I read that and she got a face full of Jupiler 😂
Son2 once couldn’t remember the word “Aquarius” (aged 7/8-ish) when an aunt asked him at a family bbq what starsign he was, and he said “Asparagus”. We like to remind him of this if it pops up on a Sunday roast or at Xmas.

Top pint is Jupiler, but once overdid it in Brussels after Anderlecht won the league one year. 🤢

Oh yeah, Jack err… dunno what starsign she is tbh. Taurinse? Slopitarrius? Lie-bra?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
In this case I believe the magazine was being genuinely malicious with those claims. By that I mean they were out to damage Chris Packham's reputation due to his position on environmental issues and fox hunting, among other things. The magazine are extremely right-wing, with links to the Conservatives. I don't think they were interested in shining a light on scammers.
Yes I agree - the magazine was out to get him maliciously.
However I thought it was interesting that the issue of fund raising under supposed false pretences was being examined. Whatever the outcome of this case or motivation behind it.

Reactions: 21
She already has co-opted several skin conditions, dearheart. There's the leg birthmarks, which are all but invisible after her parents kindly sought treatment for her, which she greatly resents them for because they unaccountably refused to get their legs tattooed with birthmarks in solidarity.

I know I've said it before but her hands look 'secondhand'..

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Given the current woes of the governing party, the energy price cap etc, shouldnt guest be howling and clawing at the hellsite about "bastard tories" etc?

Reactions: 16
Given the current woes of the governing party, the energy price cap etc, shoukd guest be howling a clawing at the hellsite about "bastard tories" etc?
I don’t think I could cope with her weighing in on energy bills with her jackmaths again. The vein in my temple has only just stopped throbbing from last time.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.