Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! Was a guest of someone (oh the irony) at a charity thing. If it's the same person 🤔

This going back 9ish years (when I was posted to London) so was probably at the start of her doing whatever it is she does/did then. The person she was with is an irritating twit too (PR/Marketing/oh ive got a a pony etc)
Not surprised. Probably shouldn't judge people by looks but she has the face of a sickly sweet but demanding headpecking naggy twit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
#ThrowbackThursday: from guest's archives again - Come to Bed Parmigiana

Parmigiana means parmesan cheese, which this recipe doesn't use. So it's not parmigiana, is it?

This is apparently the first romantic dinner guest ever made for LJC:

"11 months ago today, I turned up to work late, sleepless, an incoherent babbling wreck chewed up by an 18 month landmark court trial and with bright copper dye fading from my wiry, tousled mania of hair. I left my walking stick in the lobby, and limped in to work…to find a hand thrust towards me in a polite gesture of welcome, a smile, a curt hello. She introduced herself. I apologised seven times for my lateness and my pulled-from-a-car-wreck appearance. She was firm and professional, and she smiled at me again. And I felt that selfsame car wreck collide with my solar plexus and toss me down a rabbithole of giddy headspinning highs and that soaring, almost nauseatingly disorienting feeling of time stopping and slowing and turning on its head. I stumbled away, a new crush ablaze across my cheeks and in every tip of my fingers, burning coiled springs in the soles of my feet, a song whispering in the cold, grey, slumbering chamber of my strange little heart. And then I went home, and did what any self respecting 21st century romantic heroine would do; I followed her on Twitter.

Fast forward a few weeks and, having established that my paramour was mutually curious, I found myself standing frozen in my kitchen, petrified, with a wooden spoon in my hand, wondering what to cook for her imminent arrival. I settled on this, and it has become eponymous, to me, with falling in love. It is not flashy, nor expensive; no grand gestures required. It requires a little patience, but very simple ingredients. It is homely, comforting, nourishing, the culinary equivalent of a soft warm body wrapped around your own. It delights, it satisfies, both firm and tender, messy and irreverent, hot and saline and sticky and sweet, and so much more than the sum of its parts.

It took her a month to pluck up the courage to tell me she doesn’t like pasta, but I love her regardless."

Imagine eating slop for a month because you're too polite to say no ...

Guest clarified elsewhere that they met on The Victoria Derbyshire Show and she was a mess because she'd been on a wild night out. No wonder LJC was annoyed with her
Am I missing something why she describes a libel case as a landmark trial, other than the sheer levels of stupidity on both sides?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Not surprised. Probably shouldn't judge people by looks but she has the face of a sickly sweet but demanding headpecking naggy twit.
Sent a friend a picture and got “oh duck not her” as the response…..

Im told it was the launch of a gin and my mate didn't want to go on his own so dragged me along. Was aimed at the sorts of bars that HNW individuals go. So was basically me, the wife, my colleague and my buddy with a load of people called Tarquin and Taramasla.

And all of them were cunts

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Am I missing something why she describes a libel case as a landmark trial, other than the sheer levels of stupidity on both sides?
It has become whats called “case law” so unfortunately it may be referred to in future cases. Of course none of it is to do with guest, all to do with Warby J (now LJ) who was setting precedent. Its like when you hear a murder trial sentencing and the learned judge refers to previous cases they have read up on to help them with the sentencing exercise.

So in future libel cases you may hear the judge refer to Monroe v Hopkins but its more likely to be over dirty deletes or the very specific examination of specific points of the case. Her making out that she made legal history are, im afraid, bollocks. Had HOPKiNS bothered to turn uo and submit to cross, Warby J’s position could have been different. As it was he had to cope with guest honking in the box for a day and a written statement from the defendant.

Guest and Markpal did not come out of that one smelling of roses and the judicial displeasure was clear in the remarks

Reactions: 50
It has become whats called “case law” so unfortunately it may be referred to in future cases. Of course none of it is to do with guest, all to do with Warby J (now LJ) who was setting precedent. Its like when you hear a murder trial sentencing and the learned judge refers to previous cases they have read up on to help them with the sentencing exercise.

So in future libel cases you may hear the judge refer to Monroe v Hopkins but its more likely to be over dirty deletes or the very specific examination of specific points of the case. Her making out that she made legal history are, im afraid, bollocks. Had HOPKiNS bothered to turn uo and submit to cross, Warby J’s position could have been different. As it was he had to cope with guest honking in the box for a day and a written statement from the defendant
I'm just eating a tuna sandwich and now have the image of guest's honking box in my mind.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Her gums look 'odd' not sure if that’s facetune 🤔 also, confirmation of her vaping habit, which also never appeared in the £20 shop
Good point she talked about vaping when SB visited her when doing that central London Airbnb rehab stint last year - yet no vapes ever in budget!

Reactions: 25

So in future libel cases you may hear the judge refer to Monroe v Hopkins but its more likely to be over dirty deletes or the very specific examination of specific points of the case. Her making out that she made legal history are, im afraid, bollocks. Had HOPKiNS bothered to turn uo and submit to cross, Warby J’s position could have been different. As it was he had to cope with guest honking in the box for a day and a written statement from the defendant.

Guest and Markpal did not come out of that one smelling of roses and the judicial displeasure was clear in the remarks
Thank(space)you, tender stem 🙂

Reactions: 12
Marmite, much like my personality, is a by-product of the brewing industry.
Hopefully when the VBI is eventually unveiled she will have a section that details how bleeping expensive Marmite is in the EU since Brexit. But I won't hold my breath

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Because it starred JACK MONROE, Saviour of Da Poor, smol maverick pixie dreamgirl and single most adored and revered celeb in the UK and ackshually the world, of course.

JESUS what's wrong with you? Why do you not see this?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Because it starred JACK MONROE, Saviour of Da Poor, smol maverick pixie dreamgirl and single most adored and revered celeb in the UK and ackshually the world, of course.

JESUS what's wrong with you? Why do you not see this?
It still makes me laugh that the first paragraph is taken up by Warby J trying to establish what he should call her to avoid the inevitable trip to the Judicial Conduct Office when she howled about being misgendered

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

I like to think it's because of all the dodgy behaviour from Jack - ie the deleting etc. It's probably rare that such a clear cut case of libel is almost ruined by the claimants behaviour and that's why it's "notable".

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
I like to think it's because of all the dodgy behaviour from Jack - ie the deleting etc. It's probably rare that such a clear cut case of libel is almost ruined by the defendants behaviour and that's why it's "notable".
That's pretty much how it reads......the tort of libel is not really the main issue. That's long and well established and while Sir Mark( as was) explains very clearly WHY he felt what he did, the amount of the judgement taken up with having to explain how twitter worked (even to the point his poor clerk had to write an appendix) and how his job had been made that much harder by dirty deletes/stuff not being available because of same. The claimant comes off looking worse in the judgement because of the "oh I did this and forgot" etc.

I was surprised that none of her many medical conditions were presented to the court (with diagnosis from people with an actual doctorate) to strengthen her case 🤔

It's not the landmark she makes out to be. For legal students it's a "if you are running a libel trial and your client has done this, run away"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Parmigiana is a dish made with fried aubergine slices, mozzarella, basil leaves, a very simple tomato sauce and parmesan. No idea if the name means 'from Parma' o with parmesan. It's a beloved dish from the South of Italy that she managed to murder callously.
It's also one of the few dishes I do well - friend of a friend routinely asks me to make it for them.😊
(Not bigging myself here, I am not Jack).😁
you're only jack if said friend of friend said you need to prop your phone up in the corner and record yourself cooking said parmigiana, and then don't post the vid

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.