Jack Monroe #490 Isn't it laconic? Don't you think?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As others have already mentioned, they might be shitting it about her suggesting they've "shown her the threats" and she's then "found who it is" because that's deep admin doodoo. Or they're howling because it's nonsense.

They could have shown her the emails (provided they redacted any identifying data relating to the sender) or summarised their content, as you could argue it is in her interest to know.

Either way, she's probably causing faff for somebody. Which she probably LOVES.
If Cambridge Lit have made a disclosure to Jack, and have a safeguarding policy in place, they should publicly say how theyā€™ve dealt with the threats.
did they contact the police?
Are beneficiaries (the paying public) at risk if they attend?
have they carried out a risk assessment and how can they be satisfied, with Jackā€™s public notice about all of this, that any risk can be managed or mitigated?

this should be addressed by the charity. It isnā€™t Jackā€™s place to advocate for them. They are the employer in this situation. I wouldnā€™t be speaking publicly on behalf of my employer if I was in this situation. The charity pay people to deal with their comms. Itā€™s up to them to address the threats they received and assure the audience of their safety if they attend.

ETA: if a credible threat was received against, I donā€™t know, a venue bleeping Taylor Swift or someone was due to play at, youā€™d like to think the venue would put something out to support what the artist has claimed on their own SM. Jack has fucked this up well and truly.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
Agree Valli; I think CCJ squig should have kept that to themselves. It would have been a nice surprise.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Ccj squig tweeting at clitfest re threats, and saying they intend to attend. šŸæ
FFS can we get a yawn emoji?

(NOT for you, dear heart. For people who for some reason feel the need to publicly and unnecessarily announce their every move online. I hope said squig prevails, but FFS Itā€™s just SOOOOO tedious - and disingenuous as duck)

ETA my original post disappeared so now @Lazarus looks PSYCHIC!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Afternoon frauen! Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve checked in here. Has the slop queen moved house yet or is that still going on? šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 39
This. What must they be thinking in that office about her claims? Even if vaguely true (as in Clitfest trying to get her to drop out by saying that they have received negative comms about her), the way she has escalated it and tied it in with all that vile stuff she claims to have survived, is very poor for clitfest's reputation.

They will have to have meetings about how to respond now. Once again, she is dragging people into a slop-filled midden, creating unnecessary work, stress, and costing money, simply because she wants more "you go girl" tweets in her replies.

She is doing a supreme job (for once) of cancelling herself. I want a journo to pick this up now. Red top headline screaming: Poverty chef cookbook author issued with fatwa. NOT. etc. Bring it on.
#thread title queen of her slop filled midden

• Haha
Reactions: 22
If Cambridge Lit have made a disclosure to Jack, and have a safeguarding policy in place, they should publicly say how theyā€™ve dealt with the threats.
did they contact the police?
Are beneficiaries (the paying public) at risk if they attend?
have they carried out a risk assessment and how can they be satisfied, with Jackā€™s public notice about all of this, that any risk can be managed or mitigated?

this should be addressed by the charity. It isnā€™t Jackā€™s place to advocate for them. They are the employer in this situation. I wouldnā€™t be speaking publicly on behalf of my employer if I was in this situation. The charity pay people to deal with their comms. Itā€™s up to them to address the threats they received and assure the audience of their safety if they attend.

ETA: if a credible threat was received against, I donā€™t know, a venue bleeping Taylor Swift or someone was due to play at, youā€™d like to think the venue would put something out to support what the artist has claimed on their own SM. Jack has fucked this up well and truly.
Or they could just post a Jimmy Nail gif and we'll all know what's up.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
No, no tender one. Jack will be generously donating that money to a charity of her choosing. I'm sure it'll all be as transparent as mud and there'll be clear evidence of amounts donated and to whom.

How bleeping dense are the donating squigs though? If I'd sent cashos to sue a Tory MP then the case got dropped (or rather never started) and the benefactor of said cashos kindly offered my money to a charity I had no say in choosing, I'd be tweeting saying like duck you will, pal. Refund cashos. Who does she think she is, deciding what to do with other people's money? It's all bollox anyway as we know that money isn't resting in a separate account, it's been spent on kid's jumpers. It's all gone. This latest chaos has come at a good time for her as it'll be easy to deflect from her thieving in about a month's time when the tricky questions start. Skanky cow.
I need to quote this (not just like) because YEAH!!!! that's how I feel

• Heart
Reactions: 16
IMG_20230412_134424.jpg

IMG_20230412_134447.jpg

The NHS: your money or your life was, according to Google and the legal deposit library catalogue I just cross referenced, published in 1979

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
View attachment 2094886
View attachment 2094885

The NHS: your money or your life was, according to Google and the legal deposit library catalogue I just cross referenced, published in 1979
FFDB5995-8B09-417C-941C-13AA72590AFE.jpeg

ā€œOh I knowā€. duck off you ignorant simpleton.

Was ā€˜The NHS: Your Money Or Your Lifeā€™ ā€œwritten in the 1940sā€ about the NHS before the NHS, Jack? Or canā€™t you check?

Take your bleeping brain out of storage and stop making such a twit of yourself with your every utterance, you complete berk.

DF014A97-2BE9-49F9-93A9-93010E3FBEA4.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 79
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.