Jack Monroe #490 Isn't it laconic? Don't you think?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At the risk of getting shouted at by the mods šŸ˜‡ its interesting that one of the accounts that yesterday was all over this expecting the local police to start burning people at the stake, has now questioned why we've gone from "multiple threats" to "private correspondence".

It seems even the most rabid of supporters eventually see the light............

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
I truly believe if her parents, in particular Big D, actually put their foot down and told her to stop repeating that, calling their foster kids feral etc she would. But they arenā€™t and thatā€™s very puzzling to me.
It never ceases to amaze me how many people I meet in leadership positions that are simply incapable of working through scenarios to their logical conclusion, or understanding variable potential outcomes and balancing them against risk. It's generally only a matter of luck that things don't go catastrophically wrong, rather than careful consideration and mitigation. Not sure if it's because they see themselves as above being challenged, or because they assume everyone other than them is thick, or because they overestimate their own intelligence. Or a winning combo of all three.

Reactions: 46
Good to see Jack is showing she petitions the government about fair wages by doing her first tweet in forever (after months of various industrial actions) about wages. With a nice sprinkle of Brexit bus to stir up the FBPE Squigs.

Maybe she mistook the Jack-of-all-trades based nickname to mean she should be a member of all the trade unions
Oh, at last the end of industrial action is in sight! Jack Monroe has tweeted, and this plus her tireless behind the scenes work will surely bring the public sector workers the wage increases they've been fighting for! No need for pickets lines when you have pumble!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Apparently we are now in 'terrorist threat' territory on twitter.

"Why are @camlitfest refusing to acknowledge this potential terrorist threat at their event? Should it really be up to Jack Monroe to inform the public?"

I can't decide if this is serious/sarcasm/something you wear on your foot.
The anti-Jack contingent seem to be slightly hamming it up and tagging the lit fest in, probably to try and get a response out of them about it, but fair play in a way. Can't really go dropping vague allusions to threats as a marketing tactic

Reactions: 51
The old Red Bus gotcha from what, 4 years ago?! Baffled by this tweet, everyone knows it was a lie and sheā€™s wheeling it out in all its irrelevance to distract people. Itā€™s classic sitting-on-the-banks-shouting-at-stuff and never going up the river to solve the problem. She had a platform and totally fucked it, sheā€™s too bleeping thick to campaign about anything. Bore off Jack.
9 years ago - so at least it's more current than Jack's knowledge of the benefits system.

And, of course, NHS funding continues to rise faster than inflation, so NHS England got Ā£27.9bn more in 2022/23 than it did in 2016/17. That's Ā£537 million a week. Jack's actually calling for a cut in spending of Ā£205 million a week, or Ā£10bn a year.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Oh, at last the end of industrial action is in sight! Jack Monroe has tweeted, and this plus her tireless behind the scenes work will surely bring the public sector workers the wage increases they've been fighting for! No need for pickets lines when you have pumble!
I assume part of the new agreement she has negotiated, softly, gently etc with the government, is that she will NEVER subject the workforce to her slop in the staff restaurant?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I find it funny that she tweets this as a "aren't they terrible?!" How is what she's doing with other people's money any different? Except of course she keeps the money rather than giving it to friends.
Yes, but - she thieves for a Good Cause, you know. So that she can carry on doing her Very Improbable Bullshit.
twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Apparently we are now in 'terrorist threat' territory on twitter.

"Why are @camlitfest refusing to acknowledge this potential terrorist threat at their event? Should it really be up to Jack Monroe to inform the public?"

I can't decide if this is serious/sarcasm/something you wear on your foot.
They're trying to goad the Lit Fest into disclosing the nature of the threats. Which they won't do even if there haven't been any (narrator: there haven't been any) If there had been any, the festival would be obliged to either cancel the event or announce a step up in security measures. What they won't do is cancel or step up security because a few people emailed in asking them to do their due diligence on Jackie or because of a lone squig suggesting they were going to ask some difficult questions of her. They'll give her the opportunity to withdraw from the event if it looks like she's going to be embarrassed or her segment is going to turn into a tit show (which it is)

• Heart
Reactions: 66
It never ceases to amaze me how many people I meet in leadership positions that are simply incapable of working through scenarios to their logical conclusion, or understanding variable potential outcomes and balancing them against risk. It's generally only a matter of luck that things don't go catastrophically wrong, rather than careful consideration and mitigation. Not sure if it's because they see themselves as above being challenged, or because they assume everyone other than them is thick, or because they overestimate their own intelligence. Or a winning combo of all three.
I completely agree. Luck and timing play a huge part. Unfortunately that then gets translated into how bloody marvellous they are.

Reactions: 31
Her ploy for sympathy has backfired. She named the festival in Cambridge but didnā€™t tag them. Did she really think people would keep quiet and not tag them in to their replies?

Twitter is an absolute shitshow for her lately as more and more people publicly hold her accountable for the grift. She can try and play the victim but all she does is embolden an angry audience of people that find her the unacceptable spokesperson for poverty, amongst other things.

BTW whatā€™s the latest with Ā£10 ccj squig?

Reactions: 50
Question... Has anyone reported JM to trading standards so far and if so, do we know what happened with that? Seems something obvious that someone would have done, especially given someone has a CCJ... but I've probably missed posts about it as there are just so many on here.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
Obviously I feel for this squig because no one should feel vulnerable like this but I think you'll find she's already completed it mate šŸ‘. And she didn't wear her made to measure stab vest either.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Stop the chaos, I found the teething necklace photos, full details via link

sneak peek below credit to Sawyer @Veronicaaa
View attachment 2093903
This one always particularly offended me because it's obviously a very staged "look how very autistic I am" photo. And there was/is far too much of that about for my taste as an autistic (DIAGNOSED) person trying not to be infantilised.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Are they both in the Grifters Union?!

I donā€™t know much about her but I looked at Kitā€™s twitter and there is a pinned article entitled ā€œI didnā€™t read a novel until I was 22ā€ from a Guardian interview. I donā€™t know her current circumstances but this line smacked of the smol pixie where she is saying she can rarely afford hardback books.
Definitely another grifting arse then!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Obviously I feel for this squig because no one should feel vulnerable like this but I think you'll find she's already completed it mate šŸ‘. And she didn't wear her made to measure stab vest either.
I used to work in Croydon šŸ‰, 15+ years ago. The rule was - you don't make eye contact with *anyone* unless you're looking to get stabbed, especially at night. Not joking. A couple of the bars in town had weekly stabbings - metal detectors didn't stop them, because the kids discovered you could buy plastic knives online.
No, it wasn't Baghdad, but you had to be careful how you carried yourself. Sorry to hear things haven't improved.
See, Jack? Ready made campaign for you here! You could make such a difference to people if only you intervened and petition the government for help!
(Who am I kidding, no money in it for her, she wouldn't care).

Reactions: 30
I used to work in Croydon šŸ‰, 15+ years ago. The rule was - you don't make eye contact with *anyone* unless you're looking to get stabbed, especially at night. Not joking. A couple of the bars in town had weekly stabbings - metal detectors didn't stop them, because the kids discovered you could buy plastic knives online.
No, it wasn't Baghdad, but you had to be careful how you carried yourself. Sorry to hear things haven't improved.
See, Jack? Ready made campaign for you here! You could make such a difference to people if only you intervened and petition the government for help!
(Who am I kidding, no money in it for her, she wouldn't care).
I stayed in a hotel in Croydon at a similar time. And it was a bit like taking a fly drive to Basra even thenā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

Reactions: 19
This one always particularly offended me because it's obviously a very staged "look how very autistic I am" photo. And there was/is far too much of that about for my taste as an autistic (DIAGNOSED) person trying not to be infantilised.
Oh man, imagine her setting up the camera, getting herself into position and posing for this photo. The word ā€˜ickā€™ doesnā€™t even begin to describe it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
He had to eat a ~lot~ of pie though šŸ¤® View attachment 2089266View attachment 2089267And how can we forget that she anonymized her ā€œhousemateā€ but didnā€™t cover up her childā€™s name (the sun is my addition) on their delicious chicken bacon prune pies šŸ¤®
View attachment 2089269View attachment 2089270
Oh and published this exchange, which looks very much like its an exchange with her other phone. (Ss of the pies from @dinosaursideways and the texts from @Yel)
Housemate is lucky he never existed.

Edit šŸ„•
The word "munch" should be illegal. As should every other word that Jack has ever used to describe food.
And "thick, thick gravy" contains at least two too many "thick"s.
Just no. šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®
She is revolting and probably the cause of more EDs than any other food writer in history.
Ninnies, take her away!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.