Jack Monroe #490 Isn't it laconic? Don't you think?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2094906
If the person recommending it to you is at least three decades out on the publication date, I wouldn't bother squig. Or at least they haven't properly read it, because they somehow managed to miss that it was published a quarter of a century later than they say it is.

Tbf I don't know why you'd read it anyway, unless you were working on a history of ideas type/social history attitudes to the NHS in the Thatcher years niche little paper.

View attachment 2094977
I'm autistic too Jack. And I love accuracy. Which is why I immediately Googled the book you referenced because I'm a pedantic wotsit too 🤪
This is honestly one of my Jack aneurysms. She does some simple sub GCSE level addition, multiplication or division, then declares herself to be a maths genius.
Literally anyone who managed to get past year 6 and knows how to use a calculator could work that out, you’re not special.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Sorry but if you’re that worried about being doxxed, would you a) attend in person and b) announce all over the place that you are?

It’s the kind of weird logic Jack displays frequently and in several of her stories about threats then proceeding to post things that out her general location/where she’s visiting etc (not saying he is Jack, merely pointing out a similarity).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
She's so excruciatingly dumb. She doesn't even understand how wages work. The costs to the organisation don't go up by the same amount as the salaries. The budget has to include increased employer NI and pension contributions. Now she's defending her nonsensical numberwang with "I like accuracy,"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
This is honestly one of my Jack aneurysms. She does some simple sub GCSE level addition, multiplication or division, then declares herself to be a maths genius.
Literally anyone who managed to get past year 6 and knows how to use a calculator could work that out, you’re not special.
As someone who once did payroll, she’s giving me a fit of the vapours. To pay someone an extra £1 will cost the employer more than £1 because they have to pay NI and (especially NHS) pension contributions. That’s before we get into the weekly division being 52.142 (because leap years)

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Sorry but if you’re that worried about being doxxed, would you a) attend in person and b) announce all over the place that you are?

It’s the kind of weird logic Jack displays frequently and in several of her stories about threats then proceeding to post things that out her general location/where she’s visiting etc (not saying he is Jack, merely pointing out a similarity).
Perhaps CCJ squig is hoping to be able to serve her papers for enforcement? It'll be easier to serve her there than for her to ignore a knock on the door at home which we all know she does.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
As someone who once did payroll, she’s giving me a fit of the vapours. To pay someone an extra £1 will cost the employer more than £1 because they have to pay NI and (especially NHS) pension contributions. That’s before we get into the weekly division being 52.142 (because leap years)
When I'm sketching rough budgets I always allocate around 1.25x base salary to cover employee costs and that's outside of the NHS so much smaller pension contributions.

I agree with pay restoration for doctors etc and the face it's so unaffordable is because it's been ignored for so long, but all of the simplistic takes are just really annoying. Same on the "other" side when people don't understand what a junior doctor is.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I'm still mithering to myself about her saying that books are from the 40s/50s (probably because I like accuracy, especially in books/history. Autistic!)

(She did it with the Norma Jean (and that lady grew up to be Marilyn Monroe!) photo, saying it was in a contemporary wartime recipe book alongside advice about rationing. Which makes no sense because how would a photo of MM in a munitions factory which wasn't published in the US magazine it was taken for (in 1944!) be in a book from during the war.)

Does she think it makes her sound cleverer or more interesting? Oh you've got books from 70 odd years ago, hark at you? I've got some books that were published in the former German Democratic Republic, could I be dining out on this? I DON'T GET IT.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Are there screenshots of the brother saying this on twitter? Coz wtf I’ve never heard about this before!
So basically she has realised she won't get away with saying it's someone in the family so the story has moved on to a teacher and become massively embellished? And she has the cheek to say "this is why women don't speak up".

This makes me wonder if this is why her parents do keep quiet - they have set certain (family-related) boundaries that she's not allowed to cross and the rest is allowed.

Reactions: 33
I'm still mithering to myself about her saying that books are from the 40s/50s (probably because I like accuracy, especially in books/history. Autistic!)

(She did it with the Norma Jean (and that lady grew up to be Marilyn Monroe!) photo, saying it was in a contemporary wartime recipe book alongside advice about rationing. Which makes no sense because how would a photo of MM in a munitions factory which wasn't published in the US magazine it was taken for (in 1944!) be in a book from during the war.)

Does she think it makes her sound cleverer or more interesting? Oh you've got books from 70 odd years ago, hark at you? I've got some books that were published in the former German Democratic Republic, could I be dining out on this? I DON'T GET IT.
Jack probably thinks the pre war german republic was called the Weiner Republic.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
View attachment 2094906
If the person recommending it to you is at least three decades out on the publication date, I wouldn't bother squig. Or at least they haven't properly read it, because they somehow managed to miss that it was published a quarter of a century later than they say it is.

Tbf I don't know why you'd read it anyway, unless you were working on a history of ideas type/social history attitudes to the NHS in the Thatcher years niche little paper.

View attachment 2094977
I'm autistic too Jack. And I love accuracy. Which is why I immediately Googled the book you referenced because I'm a pedantic wotsit too 🤪
Is she bleeping high?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
When I'm sketching rough budgets I always allocate around 1.25x base salary to cover employee costs and that's outside of the NHS so much smaller pension contributions.

I agree with pay restoration for doctors etc and the face it's so unaffordable is because it's been ignored for so long, but all of the simplistic takes are just really annoying. Same on the "other" side when people don't understand what a junior doctor is.
Jack seems to think that an easy solution is available - but if it were, it would be in place already and there wouldn't be any dispute for her to wang on about. How is that not obvious to her?

Reactions: 29
BFF8D6CC-10D0-461F-A40B-7C2543714A8C.jpeg

Well that’s nice, Jack. You know who else LIKES ACCURACY and doesn’t like you getting tit wrong about the NHS?
Marie Anti-onette
67FBC067-45B4-4612-9E9E-EEC30F9E6CE4.jpeg

38E3BBB6-7F9E-4D83-BF83-4C00DF2A49BA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Jack seems to think that an easy solution is available - but if it were, it would be in place already and there wouldn't be any dispute for her to wang on about. How is that not obvious to her?
Because she’s so basic.
She parroted Big Dave in the local paper calling for two less parking wardens means one more Bobby at the beach (or something) and has been delivering the same ”talk radio phone in/pub bore” level “campaigning” zingers, seemingly without any increase in understanding or intelligence, ever since.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Because she’s so basic.
She parroted Big Dave in the local paper calling for two less parking wardens means one more Bobby at the beach (or something) and has been delivering the same ”talk radio phone in/pub bore” level “campaigning” zingers, seemingly without any increase in understanding or intelligence, ever since.
I bet she was never off the phone to BBC Radio Essex in the pre-Leggy days...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35

I guess Jack knows full well who they are given that they signed up to her Patreon and have served her legal paper with presumably both their names and contact details on them. I guess CCJ squig is worried she will share this with the comments club and attract the wrath of the neckbeard army. Though mostly I think they’re just alerting the lit fest that she’s alleging physical threats have been made and I genuinely don’t think they have - ergo if she’s happy to lie about this, what about all the lies highlighted regarding her backstory and finances?

Either way, CCJ squig is on a mission and I’m here for it. What are we betting?

- she pays up the £600+ in full just before lit fest.
- she doesn’t show up to lit fest, claiming the bad mentals.
- she cancels ahead of time because the Essex police celebrity squad told her there was a clear and present danger to her life.
- she turns up but all questions are moderated and she rambles and half arses her way through, DKL style. Wearing either pov gear, or designer gear (there is no in between).
- she turns up and smashes it, solves poverty, reads out tasty recipes that work and the audience all cheer (rank outsider)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Perhaps CCJ squig is hoping to be able to serve her papers for enforcement? It'll be easier to serve her there than for her to ignore a knock on the door at home which we all know she does.
Enforcement in what way though. She wont have assets with her and any sort of attachment of earnings would be tricky with the vaguerises of her earnings. If they are trying to enforce the debt via property then I am guessing they would need to serve notice at the property……

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.