Jack Monroe #490 Isn't it laconic? Don't you think?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Footage of the poor sod who staffs the Cam Lit Fest email inbox logging in this morning

• Haha
Reactions: 72
It might be the NUJ, tender one. Jack fancies herself as a journalist with her notebooks and all. I mean, she doesn’t really do that job either but I suppose it’s marginally more relevant.
I was wondering which union as I am not aware of a union for grifting bastards.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Despite her hard work promoting the event to her neckbeards and rage nanas, there are still 51 tickets available.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I love a bunny bum!
But back on track. I've just seen our Jacksy follower numbers have now dipped below 557k and still tanking which is good to see. In other news, this is one of her likes. I believe the elderly father bit is a dig at the Captain Tom charity debarcle. The thread is a bunch of people moaning about earning 75k etc plus a year. Apparently it's not enough. I live on my own and earn 27k... I can't speak for anyone else because I know times are tough, but I'm doing ok. Edit: I'd love to bloody earn 75 to 90k. Is that not a decent wage?
View attachment 2090092
I’m miles behind. Just seenJack tweet about the threats and a push for sales on tickets.
I’m not on 75k but our new first minister in Scotland is wanting to put anyone earning over 48.5k a year on 45% tax. This will affect me on my bonuses. I recognise that I’m on a decent salary, above average but they are taxing the wrong people. It shouldn’t be such high taxes for people below the 75-100k mark. I’ve burst my gut in a mainly male environment to get to where I am & im away to lose nearly half my bonus/any pay increases if I continue to do well?! They need to start clamping on down on folk like Jack who are racking in nearly 5/6k a month & paying no tax on it, the amazons, the Starbucks, not us ordinary folk 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Just catching up. Has "Salmon Mushdie" been nominated for thread title yet? It works on multiple levels!

Screenshot_20230412-121956_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 105
Imagine if Jack got the entire lit fest cancelled due to her lies. Surely the mainstream media would have to pay attention then.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
I feel so bad for the cambridge people she is going to ruin alot of peoples days by not pulling out, i guess she does get some sort of sixk enjoyment out of spoiling other peoples fun. Sb seems to be well aware of this. Bless him. Imagine being so selfish!

• Sad
Reactions: 35

Footage of the poor sod who staffs the Cam Lit Fest email inbox logging in this morning
This. What must they be thinking in that office about her claims? Even if vaguely true (as in Clitfest trying to get her to drop out by saying that they have received negative comms about her), the way she has escalated it and tied it in with all that vile stuff she claims to have survived, is very poor for clitfest's reputation.

They will have to have meetings about how to respond now. Once again, she is dragging people into a slop-filled midden, creating unnecessary work, stress, and costing money, simply because she wants more "you go girl" tweets in her replies.

She is doing a supreme job (for once) of cancelling herself. I want a journo to pick this up now. Red top headline screaming: Poverty chef cookbook author issued with fatwa. NOT. etc. Bring it on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Good to see Jack is showing she petitions the government about fair wages by doing her first tweet in forever (after months of various industrial actions) about wages. With a nice sprinkle of Brexit bus to stir up the FBPE Squigs.

Maybe she mistook the Jack-of-all-trades based nickname to mean she should be a member of all the trade unions
Love how she's been questioned on what campaigning she does and is now desperately making it look like she does something so if anyone went on her twitter it looks like she she does work and everything is a smear campaign while hoping nobody would scroll further down and see she does absolutely duck all

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I was going to cancel my day off on Friday as the weather forecast is bad 🍉 but I think I'll still treat myself and watch the DKLs. Maybe the odd Hellmans.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
9 years ago - so at least it's more current than Jack's knowledge of the benefits system.

And, of course, NHS funding continues to rise faster than inflation, so NHS England got £27.9bn more in 2022/23 than it did in 2016/17. That's £537 million a week. Jack's actually calling for a cut in spending of £205 million a week, or £10bn a year.
Jack’s been at the CUTTING EDGE of this sort of CAMPAIGNING for ELEVEN YEARS, Lucky E. Yesterday it was not understanding NHS funding, 11 years ago it was not understanding how Council budgets and “spare money” work.

Quite an achievement really, to have demonstrably learned absolutely duck all in over a decade.
504B5197-BF12-402D-948C-A91D88B310DB.jpeg
4428C324-A8BB-4220-AA50-1FFD803CAEA7.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
As others have already mentioned, they might be shitting it about her suggesting they've "shown her the threats" and she's then "found who it is" because that's deep admin doodoo. Or they're howling because it's nonsense.

They could have shown her the emails (provided they redacted any identifying data relating to the sender) or summarised their content, as you could argue it is in her interest to know.

Either way, she's probably causing faff for somebody. Which she probably LOVES.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
I can’t believe Amanda Ross* hasn’t actually had her ended, certainly it’s a surprise she popped up on TM and Not Lorraine, although she monroe’d those gigs as well.
*of Cactus TV - who made DKL. Formidable light entertainment exec and sister in law to Jonathan.

Are there new fraus who haven’t seen the “giddy narc high teething necklace” photo series? oh WOW they’re terrifying
One of my favourite photos of all time. Please repost.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Love how she's been questioned on what campaigning she does and is now desperately making it look like she does something so if anyone went on her twitter it looks like she she does work and everything is a smear campaign while hoping nobody would scroll further down and see she does absolutely duck all
She PETITIONS THE GOVERNMENT, tenderstem.
87968184-3466-4A06-8DE9-535BDD2353F2.jpeg

It was in the NEWSPAPERS and everything!
9C0C3A34-1731-40E7-A16B-54C086A8AB1F.jpeg
D92E5340-56EC-4263-B061-188E98FB09C3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.