Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Went to type 'pumble' on my phone earlier in a reply. First time it 🥕 to "purple", the second time "pube less", then the phone rang and I was tying to explain to my eldest why I was sniggering. Can't even remember what I was going to reply to/with now.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Went to type 'pumble' on my phone earlier in a reply. First time it 🥕 to "purple", the second time "pube less", then the phone rang and I was tying to explain to my eldest why I was sniggering. Can't even remember what I was going to reply to/with now.
You would hope her pumble would be pube less but lets face it, with her “cooking” you never know

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Sorry, I realise all that stuff is really popular but why do you need stupid bits of obviousluy fake scrap wood with home written on them to tell you where you are? It reminds me of what I was house hunting and someone had stencilled the word "Bath" above the bath. I suppose it would stop confused farmers leading a flock of sheep in for a drink but it upsets me.
It's a sub-set of what Mrs Everytown and I refer to as "inspirational tit on the wall." Homes Under the Hammer is good for cringey examples, but Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away always had some irony-tinged classics.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm worried as my phone autocorrects to sh1tter now. Jack knows that everything on here ends up back on the hellsite so I can't imagine what idiotic dim excuse she’s struggling to come up with now. Perhaps we'll get to see the terrible scar? 🤪
Screenshot_20230310-141202_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
It's a sub-set of what Mrs Everytown and I refer to as "inspirational tit on the wall." Homes Under the Hammer is good for cringey examples, but Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away always had some irony-tinged classics.
Nothing is as bad as those Live , Laugh Love signs.
Apart from asking people to dance like nobody is watching.
My neighbour is always watching. She is old and bored bless her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I'm worried as my phone autocorrects to sh1tter now. Jack knows that everything on here ends up back on the hellsite so I can't imagine what idiotic dim excuse she’s struggling to come up with now. Perhaps we'll get to see the terrible scar? 🤪
View attachment 2018446
The way she describes things is stomach churning. As thick as her thumb and as dark as her morning coffee. Talking about the scab I take it? Urgh, vile 🤢 NOBODY asked but more detail = definitely true, right?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
but more detail = definitely true, right?
My eldest (sorry, DS1 🤣) had a habit of this. “Oscar, have you finished your homework already?”

“Yeah but what happened is Mrs Green was off so we had that substitute teacher remember the one from Maths last year on the day where Dan’s mum had that car crash when the bloke in the green Polo reversed into her at Sainsbury’s well that substitute teacher was in and didn’t know what page we were up to in that textbook you bought for me in September the one I lost when I stayed round Michael’s for his birthday and we played FIFA all night well I won the tournament that night and we went to the trampoline park on the Sunday well anyway so like we went over the last two pages again and then they said don’t worry you can all hand it in next week instead”

<sigh>

“Just say ‘no’, Oscar. Get off the bleeping Xbox”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
She's talking tit. I grew up in substandard housing. We had single glazing, no central heating and mould crawling up the walls. There was also a fire one year and smoke damage following that. Our flat was in an urban shithole and surrounded by constant traffic. By rights we ought to have severe respiratory issues (well my brother has asthma). My siblings and I don't sound like Honk. My sister has a deviated septum and she doesn't sound like Honk and that inclydes pre surgery. I have a child with chronic lung disease who doesn't sound like that. My friends children with CF don't sound like that. My uncle with enlarged tonsils doesn't sound like. I also know someone with a broken nose and they don't sound like that, their nose has a big kink in it though from the break. They all sound normal. I know that is all anecdotal but the only time I've ever heard anyone sound remotely like Honk is when they have a heavy cold.
We had no bathroom and an outside toilet, no clue, no clue at all 🙄

Reactions: 24
I've never seen a 'first morning coffee' coloured scar. Maybe something to add to her list of ailments and injuries

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The first coffee of the morning usually makes me want to have a tit, and if I’ve had a glass of red wine with dinner like usual, then… I can guess the colour.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Ugh, those literary festivals bookings are so depressing. They just wheel out the same old same old, even proven liars with a bombed and discredited book 😩
So many of these events are just a bunch of well-off lefties patting themselves on the back about how socially aware they are and how they're making the world better by giving space to marginalized voices. And I say that as a leftie
myself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
So many of these events are just a bunch of well-off lefties patting themselves on the back about how socially aware they are and how they're making the world better by giving space to marginalized voices. And I say that as a leftie
myself.
I've a few such folk in my family. Obvs, we are NC these days!

Reactions: 15
Joining from the past to suggest Jack's memoir title. A reflection on her life, most recent craft creations and past works.

Tin can dull

(get it? Tin candle, tin can cook? No. OK... Off I go away again then)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Mithering like a proper ninnie here if Atomic Shrimp on that there utube has put his pound a day food challenge up to £1.37 after failing on £1 and working out the food inflation % will Jack's £20.00 shop now be £27.40 a week .
I know it's always £20.00 ( see her previous answers).

• Haha
Reactions: 36
May I introduce you to Jack's (probably not gifted) neon sign... "Let's hang something cool here"?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.